• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Six Gun South

Second Lieutenant
58 Badges
Mar 26, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
[PMM Mod]Playable Pagans/Muslims, Additional Mercs, Combat Overhaul

Pagans, Muslims, and Mercs Mod
Current Version 0.24

The new patch made the main reason for my mod to be standalone, obsolete (unlocked Pagans and Muslims), so I conferred with Wiz and turned my mod into an optional add-on for CK2Plus.

So here we go:

WARNING: WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY WITHOUT CK2PLUS

ALL THE FEATURES YOU LOVE ABOUT CK2PLUS AND:
-Additional combat tweaks
-New holy orders for non-Christian factions
-Additional holy orders for Catholic factions that expand and contract over time
-Balanced holy orders
-New "budget" mercenary bands of 500-1000 troops
-More mercenary bands for areas with a lack of mercenaries
-Naval "transport fleet" mercs
-Buffs for Horn of Africa nations (Abyssinia, Axum, and Nubia), and Tengri nations (Cuman and Pechengs)

CHANGELOG - VERSION .024 - FIRST VERSION AS CK2PLUS SUBMOD:
-Removed religion conversion event as it is obsolete with new patch
-Made compatible with vanilla patch 1.04
-Made compatible with CK2Plus
-Added 'Arrest Templars' decision
-Added three mercenary "transport fleets" for landlocked countries and those without sufficient transport capacity

INSTALLATION:
1)Delete any previous version of PMM
2)Install CK2Plus of same version number
3)Unzip PMM Mod.zip to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod
4)Launch Crusader Kings II launcher
5)Select both PMM and CK2Plus from the list of mods in the left corner
6)Enjoy!

NEEDS CK2Plus OF THE SAME VERSION NUMBER TO WORK CORRECTLY.

DOWNLOAD:PMM v0.24

You can get CK2Plus here.

A fresh thread reflecting the new direction the mod has taken will be forthcoming.

Last edited:
As Muldoon would say: Clever girl!

Great creative use for those two weeks.

Of course, I'm going to be cheeky and use this as a way to form the Kingdom of Jerusalem very quickly! (Independance from Shia Caliphate and convert!)

Nice idea. May I add that to my mod? :)

Finish adding additional mercenary companies (plan to add about 12-15 more mercenary companies, particularly in merc-devoid areas such as the Horn of Africa, Scandanavia, and Muslim Iberia)

I would love to know how you achieve this, when you do it. The only thing I can find is what religious group it allows but nothing to show why choices are limited in the holy lands but plentiful in central europe.

^^I'm not sure what you mean. Like vanilla saves? I imported my vanilla saves over and they work fine except from a few weird things, like the new merc groups missing leaders.

Nice idea. May I add that to my mod? :)

Sure, as long as you give me credit, that'd be fine.

I would love to know how you achieve this, when you do it. The only thing I can find is what religious group it allows but nothing to show why choices are limited in the holy lands but plentiful in central europe.

Mercenaries have a province they are "located" in. It's where they operate out of, and only people within a certain distance can hire them. You can see their location in the landed_titles.txt file. The merc hiring distance modifier is in the static_modifier.txt file. One of the changes I made that I forgot to list in the change log is I raised the hiring distance, so you should now be able to see and hire mercs from farther away, thus giving more options.

The reason certain areas are devoid of mercs is because the vast majority of the merc groups are located in Britain, Germany, and Italy, so the nations at the ends of the map get almost nothing to choose from. I intend to correct that soon.

I meant that since your script would turn all the rulers back to their original religion groups, you wouldnt be able to load your saves due to your pagan/muslim ruler no longer being part of the christian group...

I meant that since your script would turn all the rulers back to their original religion groups, you wouldnt be able to load your saves due to your pagan/muslim ruler no longer being part of the christian group...

No, once you save with a pagan or muslim, you can play as them from there on out. It works that way in vanilla too, you just couldn't select them from the menu, I modded it so you can.

Very impressive. Do you plan to flesh out muslim & pagan world?

I hope to! I'm still getting a grip on how events function, this is my first time modding a paradox game.

If anyone has any ideas or contributions on how to add more character to the pagan and muslim factions please feel free to share!

One thing I know I want to try and do is implement a "raiding party" event for pagans that let them raid their catholic neighbors for loot and slaves.

great work.. but whay "Go on grand Hunt" is invisible??
this is only for non-muslim religion !!

I hope we can have this Decisions...

if anyone know how to make it avilable plz tell me...

Thanks.

Thank you so much for making this. I found it stupid that Paradox wanted to limit the scope of how you could experience the era. I'll post notes or suggestions as I make 'em.

great work.. but whay "Go on grand Hunt" is invisible??
this is only for non-muslim religion !!

I hope we can have this Decisions...

if anyone know how to make it avilable plz tell me...

I think this decision is only available for Kings, or whatever the Muslim equivalent is (Caliphs, I guess)

--

By the way, I will likely have a new version ready tomorrow that fixes some things and adds more holy orders/mercs.