• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Antwerp - Antwerpen - Antwerp
Flanders - Vlaanderen/Flandern - Lille/Bruges/Ghent
Overijssel - Overyssel - Deventer
I am sure that Ghent and Bruges are in your "Antwerp" province geographically. Also if Flanders divided to represent future "French part", using the original name for any of those isn't best idea. The province name suggesting "Antwerp" for the whole of northern Flanders is not best choice either, considering that even city itself is on the other side of the Scheldt. Personally I would rather go with either Bruges/Ghent name for "Antwerp" province (the main city still can be Anwerp) and Lille for "Flanders".
Overijssel regional "capital" should be either Zwolle or Kampen I think.
Limburg and Upper Geldern could be represented as one province perhaps?

Rhine - Rhein - Oppenheim
Shouldn't be rather called Rhine Hesse?
Ansbach and Bayreuth could be combined into one province (hope it won't end looking too ugly.

It's a pity that you decided to omit Silesian duchies.

I am sure that Ghent and Bruges are in your "Antwerp" province geographically. Also if Flanders divided to represent future "French part", using the original name for any of those isn't best idea. The province name suggesting "Antwerp" for the whole of northern Flanders is not best choice either, considering that even city itself is on the other side of the Scheldt.
I agree. The northern part is better as Flanders (capital Bruges in the early/Burgundian period and Antwerp in the middle/Spanish period).

French Flanders (Lille/Dunkirk) can probably also be merged with Artois. After all, both regions were taken in the aftermath of the 30 Years' War and both had similar cultures.

Shouldn't be rather called Rhine Hesse?
I think Rhine Hesse is a post-1800 name (after the region came under the Grand Duchy of Hesse). What I intend to represent by this province is the western part of the Lower Palatinate (maybe it could be called Rhinepfalz). Alternatively the western province can be Pfalz itself (making Heidelberg on the wrong side) with the eastern province being Mainz (as in vanilla/Kasperus' original map).

It's a pity that you decided to omit Silesian duchies
I think it's better to have Silesia consolidated as one or two provinces to simulate the wealth of the region (Silesia would be one of the richest provinces in the world) and its quick conquest by Prussia. Additionaly, having a lot of OPMs there could disrupt the historical progression of the game as they could easily be swallowed by or expand into nearby states. Basically those OPMs would be required to remain quiet Bohemian vassals until the historical inheritances. I'm trying to avoid states of this sort.

Ansbach and Bayreuth could be combined into one province (hope it won't end looking too ugly.
And which one of the two states would be represented? A situation reminiscent of Buridan's ass... :)
It's a pity they didn't remain as one Burgraviate.

Last edited:
And which one of the two states would be represented? A situation reminiscent of Buridan's ass... :)

Ansbach and Bayreuth are united from 1792 to the end of the game, first as a brandenburg-prussian possession and after the congress of vienna as a bavarian.

Before that, while technically two different states, they practically can be represented by 1 province. Both were frankish possessions of the Hohenzollerns that were ruled seperately from brandenburg but from time to time they were ruled by the same Hohenzollern and for a time both were ruled by the ruler of Brandenburg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albrecht_III_Achilles,_Elector_of_Brandenburg

French Flanders (Lille/Dunkirk) can probably also be merged with Artois. After all, both regions were taken in the aftermath of the 30 Years' War and both had similar cultures.
Not a bad idea. Nevertheless the region is important enough for two provinces, especially for extensive warfare here.

I think Rhine Hesse is a post-1800 name (after the region came under the Grand Duchy of Hesse). What I intend to represent by this province is the western part of the Lower Palatinate (maybe it could be called Rhinepfalz). Alternatively the western province can be Pfalz itself (making Heidelberg on the wrong side) with the eastern province being Mainz (as in vanilla/Kasperus' original map).
Both sound good. Two provinces Palatinate would be fun so.

II think it's better to have Silesia consolidated as one or two provinces to simulate the wealth of the region (Silesia would be one of the richest provinces in the world) and its quick conquest by Prussia. Additionaly, having a lot of OPMs there could disrupt the historical progression of the game as they could easily be swallowed by or expand into nearby states. Basically those OPMs would be required to remain quiet Bohemian vassals until the historical inheritances. I'm trying to avoid states of this sort.
Personally I liked the setup we had in your old map project with four sexy looking Silesian provinces: Breslau (Royal domain/bishopric) and three duchies gradually annexed to Bohemia/Austria (Liegnitz, Oels and Oppeln). Teschen could be merged with Moravia. In my opinion this feels more natural than one/two-province region.

It's up to you to make choice.:) ConjurerDragon made a good point. This is an obstruction of course as other similar dynastic cases (Brunswick, Mecklenburg, Hesse, Pomerania etc).
I remember there was some nice, very old AGCEEP content for it (also represented as one vanilla province).

EDIT: Btw, have you considered a province for Lower Styria/Cilli to better represent the cultural and political differences here?

Last edited:
Ansbach and Bayreuth are united from 1792 to the end of the game, first as a brandenburg-prussian possession and after the congress of vienna as a bavarian.

Before that, while technically two different states, they practically can be represented by 1 province. Both were frankish possessions of the Hohenzollerns that were ruled seperately from brandenburg but from time to time they were ruled by the same Hohenzollern and for a time both were ruled by the ruler of Brandenburg
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albrecht_III_Achilles,_Elector_of_Brandenburg
Yeah so I guess this province (Upper Franconia/Oberfranken?) can be made a Brandenburg exclave.

Both sound good. Two provinces Palatinate would be fun so.
Palatinate will already have two provinces (Pfalz and Oberpfalz) for the first half of the game. As a mid-sized imperial state, 3 is not bad either.

EDIT: Btw, have considered a province for Lower Styria/Celle to better represent the cultural and political differences here?
Yes but I forgot to include it in the Austrian circle. (Will update the list soon)

I remember there was some nice, very old AGCEEP content for it (also represented as one vanilla province).
Unfortunately, the old AGCEEP content seems to be gone or is it the same as in MyMap?

Personally I liked the setup we had in your old map project with four sexy looking Silesian provinces: Breslau (Royal domain/bishopric) and three duchies gradually annexed to Bohemia/Austria (Liegnitz, Oels and Oppeln). Teschen could be merged with Moravia. In my opinion this feels more natural than one/two-province region.
From my experience, that setup resulted in very strange situations more often than not, and made an absolute mess of the Hussite Wars event chain. I like the idea of having them there from a historical point of view, but they seemed to be way more trouble than they were actually worth gameplay-wise.