• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay, now you download this verison, and then go play to the very death. For the Glory!

When I was playing a mod with other shields (e.g. AGCEEP with enhanced shields) and then start the game and change to Plus Vltra, then PV lacks several shields ingame. Does PV only have a complete set of shields using the "glory" setting and if so can the mod force-choose that setting when started?

Actually if you add shields = { "glory" } in the mod.txt file, should fix that issue. Both DoK and Great Migrations have specified only one shieldset and they both change to their supported shieldsets with a similar line.

Works like a charm :)

Code:
#Plvs Vltra

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mod = {
	name = "Plvs Vltra"
	dir = "Plvs_Vltra"
	language = { "english" }
	[color=yellow]shields = { "glory" }[/color]
	remark = "Version 1.3.1"
}

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just started AGCEEP, changed the settings to "enhanced" shields, then changed the mod to "Plus Vltra" and the shields are automagically glory shields.

Attachments

• mod_Plvs_Vltra.zip
    253 bytes · Views: 64
Last edited:
I'm having a blast as Soviets, ekhm, Russia now and I'm still noticing bugs - I thought I fixed some of them - so except one more version soon.

There's one thing Russia-wise I'm kinda confused about: Occupation of "x" in Eastern Siberia series. Since these were made for Russia conquering Mongolia (which in vanilla map AGCEEP isn't even in Mongolia as there is no Mongolia to begin with) I am inclined to remove them. As for now they're only destroying some of colonies you form in Siberia and nerf basetax for no good reason - it's only annoyance.

Those events could technically be ported for real Mongolia, but seeing how Russia haven't really acquired it in FtG timeline (amirite?) it would make little to no sense.

At this point asking others about changes like that is not really important as there aren't much players left and there's no real team working on either AGCEEP or PV, but in case anyone wants to voice his concerns, speak up. For now I'll remove all events connected to Russian conquests of AGCEEP Mongolia provinces.

There's one thing Russia-wise I'm kinda confused about: Occupation of "x" in Eastern Siberia series. Since these were made for Russia conquering Mongolia (which in vanilla map AGCEEP isn't even in Mongolia as there is no Mongolia to begin with)

Why do you think that there is no Mongolia in AGCEEP on the vanilla map? A lot of the realworld Mongolia is under permanent Terra Incognita, but the state of Mongolia does exist in vanillamap AGCEEP.

I am inclined to remove them. As for now they're only destroying some of colonies you form in Siberia and nerf basetax for no good reason - it's only annoyance.

Which events do you specifically mean?

Those events could technically be ported for real Mongolia, but seeing how Russia haven't really acquired it in FtG timeline (amirite?) it would make little to no sense.

Russia hadn´t aquired the nowadays state of Mongolia until 1820, but it did take lands that before belonged to Mongolia before 1820.
http://web.mit.edu/course/21/21h.580/www/timesatlas/p84_2.jpg

At this point asking others about changes like that is not really important as there aren't much players left and there's no real team working on either AGCEEP or PV, but in case anyone wants to voice his concerns, speak up. For now I'll remove all events connected to Russian conquests of AGCEEP Mongolia provinces.

Last edited:
Yes, those Russian events only make sense in the context of the vanilla map and therefore should be removed. I remember removing some Austrian events about Ostmarch because in vanilla AGCEEP that province was used for Bohemia to be able to simulate the Hussite revolt properly. There are probably a number of such vanilla-specific events lingering on.

Looking at the files in my PV installation (version 1.3.1) I noticed that there is a "ChickenSpadge" folder
in \For the Glory\Mods\Plvs_Vltra\Db that contains a map folder and a countries.txt file (Dienstag, 3. Dezember 2013, 12:56:50) which is newer than the countries.txt (Freitag, 11. Oktober 2013, 15:17:10) file in the \DB folder of PV.

Were those files just accidentally placed in the wrong folder or do those serve a purpose?

Were those files just accidentally placed in the wrong folder or do those serve a purpose?

Well.

Also, important: in /db you can find folder called "ChickenSpadge", which contains countries.csv file required for his converted Civ3 sprites and lighter colourscales mod, and also mentioned colourscales. Just get both files outta this folder and paste inside DB, agree to overwrite files. Use it only if you use sprites and want to have colorscales however! I placed it here since I use both.

This link works, thanks. :)

Awesome experience so far! :) I'm playing already 100+ years with Byzantium and I experienced only 1 crash which even with the vanilla game is normal. Tracking what could go wrong with so many events, scripts...stuff is almost impossible you know. ;)

I wonder will you continue to develop the map (for example remove more and more Terra Incognito areas) or you will improve on events and bug fixing?

If I'm not wrong Plvs Vltra is combined AGCEEP Events + Watkabaoi Map. Really this combinstion is awesome! I wish we had have such a map in the vanilla game...

If I'm not wrong Plvs Vltra is combined AGCEEP Events + Watkabaoi Map. Really this combinstion is awesome! I wish we had have such a map in the vanilla game...
If Therion‎ would have some time, there is a change there will be absolutely new map for this mod. The design is 100% ready (I even have files stored on my hd;)), but there are still a lot of technical things to do.

The Aztec leader is immortal! Cuauhtemoc seems to rule the Aztec Empire already for 300+ years... Maybe I'm blind or just this man is a real super hero but for some reason he is alive so many years... It is already 1785 - the Aztecs are still alive because of my Majesty the Inca Empire. Except the fact that they are still on tech levels 5, 2, 2, 2 - everything is fine.

Other strange issue - my rulers are literally stupid! Every new ruler rules my country for about 50 years and he is just incompetent to do it! The Europeans are already on tech levels around 40, I'm still on level 30 and 26.

Also after exiting the game - it crashes everytime now. Thanksfully not while I'm in it. ;)

As I said earlier - awesome mod but what can I do about our super hero immortal friend? Last question: How can I mod the map? I really wish to help you guys in some way to make this mod better!

The Aztecs (and a few other countries, though they should be more with the extra provs) has him as emperor forever, you can't do anything other that adding other rulers to the list.
For the Incas all you have to do is modify their stats in the mod's Db/Monarchs/monarchs_inc.txt file.

The Aztecs (and a few other countries, though they should be more with the extra provs) has him as emperor forever, you can't do anything other that adding other rulers to the list.
For the Incas all you have to do is modify their stats in the mod's Db/Monarchs/monarchs_inc.txt file.

Looks like my fantasy is important here. OKAY then! :) Let's start "The Plvs Vltra Extented" project! :D Damn, this text files looks simple, yet powerful. I will see what I can do and report here or [say where] what I had been doing.
One question though: What will happen to my save file if I modify this things or other things? For the safety I will make another folder called "Plvs Vltra Extended" and work there.
And I hope I have your permission to do this stuff?