• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi,

I don't see any link in the first post. Has the link been removed? And is it coming back?

Am I correct if I presume the SVN update is not operating anymore either?

For the rest: keep up the good work as I enjoy this mod a lot!

Last edited:
I seem to be getting a glitch where I can only load saved games as the Ottoman Empire. Any idea what the problem might be?

Notice how the other shields are greyed out:
Untitled.png

I had the same thing. You need to make it so the country you want to play is the last shield to the right. So change Ottoman to what you want to play. If your desired country is listed in another spot, change it, then change the Ottoman shield to that country.

I had the same thing. You need to make it so the country you want to play is the last shield to the right. So change Ottoman to what you want to play. If your desired country is listed in another spot, change it, then change the Ottoman shield to that country.

Thanks for the reply. I want to play as France but it's locked in a spot that's grayed out, so I can't select or change it.

Thanks for the reply. I want to play as France but it's locked in a spot that's grayed out, so I can't select or change it.

Kind of an inelegant fix, but if you edit the save file, you can delete the header for france near the top of it. It should be about 10-15 lines, and start with "FRA = {" if my memory serves. This will remove the greyed out france icon, allowing you to select it from the colored one.

Kind of an inelegant fix, but if you edit the save file, you can delete the header for france near the top of it. It should be about 10-15 lines, and start with "FRA = {" if my memory serves. This will remove the greyed out france icon, allowing you to select it from the colored one.

Here's what the first few lines of the save file looks like. If I delete the entry for France, will it apply to future save files as well, or will I have to do this with every file?

header = {
name = "The AGCEEP Grand Campaign"
tutorial = no
absolutestartyear = 1419
startyear = 1419
endyear = 1819
startdate = { day = 9 month = may year = 1441 }
gametype = 0
saved = yes
free = yes
optionmode = 0
set_ai_aggressive = 2
set_difficulty = 3
set_gamespeed = 7
set_fow = 1
set_conq_capital = 1
set_missions = 0
set_basevp = 1
set_ai_event_choices = 1
set_fow_owner = 0
set_badboy_wars = 1
set_civil_wars = 1
optionfile = "mods\Plvs_Vltra\scenarios\save games\France_1441_May_10.cfg"
selectable = { ABK ADA ADE AKK HAA ALB ANJ AQU ARG ARK ARM ASH ATJ HAB AYU AZT BAD BAH BAY BGL BEN BRG BIM BOS BOU BRA BRE BRI BEI BWL BUR MYA BUT BYZ CLC CAM CAN CAS CHG CHA CHI KLE COC KOL CON CYP DAH DAI DLH DAN DES DUL ENG EPI ETH FER FLO FOI FRI GEN GEO STE GON GRA GUJ HAH HAS HES SHL HUN INC IRA NIP JAU JUL QAR KAR KWA KON KOR KUT LNA LXA LKA LIE LEI LIT LIV LIG LOR LCH LUW LUX MAG MAO MRA MAI MKS MLC MAL MLD MLW MAM MCH MAN MSV MTR MEC MLO MGD MOL MOM MON MGA MOA MOR MSS MUB MOS MUN NAP NAS NAV NOR NVG NUB OLD OPP KNI ORI ORL ORM TUR OYO PFA PAL PAP PAK POL POM POR PSK RAG RAJ RYA SLZ SAV SCO SHI SIB SIE SIN SON STT STR STY SWE HEL TER TEU TIB TIM TLE TRV TRE TRR TUN TVE TYR ULS UTR UZB VEN VIJ WLS WAL WUR WRZ YEM ZAN ZAP ZIM SAC FRA MSH BOH KAZ }
countryname = { }
flagname = {
CYP = "Lusignan"
HAB = "Imperial"
POR = "Joao_I"
SCO = "Ancient"
TUN = "Hafsids"
TUR = "Ancient"
}
id = { type = 4712 id = 771318 }
id = { type = 6000 id = 125 }
id = { type = 6001 id = 150714 }
CAS = {
desc = "CAS_DESC"
picture = "gfx\scenarios\picture_min.bmp"
countrytactics = "CAS_DESC"
playername = "Castile > "
countrydifficulty = 5
countryeconomy = 5
countrymilitary = 5
countrydiplomacy = 5
}
ARG = {
desc = "ARG_DESC"
countrytactics = "ARG_DESC"
playername = "Aragon > "
countrydifficulty = 4
countryeconomy = 4
countrymilitary = 4
countrydiplomacy = 4
}
POR = {
desc = "POR_DESC"
countrytactics = "POR_DESC"
playername = "Portugal > "
countrydifficulty = 4
countryeconomy = 2
countrymilitary = 3
countrydiplomacy = 4
}
FRA = {
desc = "FRA_DESC"
countrytactics = "FRA_DESC"
playername = "France > "
countrydifficulty = 4
countryeconomy = 4
countrymilitary = 4
countrydiplomacy = 4
}
BUR = {
desc = "BUR_DESC"
countrytactics = "BUR_DESC"
playername = "Burgundy > "
countrydifficulty = 3
countryeconomy = 4
countrymilitary = 3
countrydiplomacy = 2
}
ENG = {
desc = "ENG_DESC"
countrytactics = "ENG_DESC"
playername = "England > "
countrydifficulty = 5
countryeconomy = 4
countrymilitary = 5
countrydiplomacy = 4
}
VEN = {
desc = "VEN_DESC"
countrytactics = "VEN_DESC"
playername = "Venice > "
countrydifficulty = 3
countryeconomy = 3
countrymilitary = 2
countrydiplomacy = 3
}
MLO = {
desc = "MLO_DESC"
countrytactics = "MLO_DESC"
playername = "Milan > "
countrydifficulty = 2
countryeconomy = 3
countrymilitary = 2
countrydiplomacy = 2
}
HAB = {
desc = "HAB_DESC"
countrytactics = "HAB_DESC"
playername = "Austria > "
countrydifficulty = 4
countryeconomy = 2
countrymilitary = 3
countrydiplomacy = 5
}
BRA = {
desc = "BRA_DESC"
countrytactics = "BRA_DESC"
playername = "Brandenburg > "
countrydifficulty = 2
countryeconomy = 1
countrymilitary = 3
countrydiplomacy = 2
}
BOH = {
desc = "BOH_DESC"
countrytactics = "BOH_DESC"
playername = "Bohemia > "
countrydifficulty = 1
countryeconomy = 1
countrymilitary = 1
countrydiplomacy = 1
}
HUN = {
desc = "HUN_DESC"
countrytactics = "HUN_DESC"
playername = "Hungary > "
countrydifficulty = 2
countryeconomy = 2
countrymilitary = 3
countrydiplomacy = 3
}
DAN = {
desc = "DAN_DESC"
countrytactics = "DAN_DESC"
playername = "Denmark > "
countrydifficulty = 3
countryeconomy = 3
countrymilitary = 2
countrydiplomacy = 2
}
SWE = {
desc = "SWE_DESC"
countrytactics = "SWE_DESC"
playername = "Sweden > "
countrydifficulty = 3
countryeconomy = 2
countrymilitary = 3
countrydiplomacy = 2
}
POL = {
desc = "POL_DESC"
countrytactics = "POL_DESC"
playername = "Poland > "
countrydifficulty = 4
countryeconomy = 2
countrymilitary = 3
countrydiplomacy = 3
}
MOS = {
desc = "MOS_DESC"
countrytactics = "MOS_DESC"
playername = "Muscovy > "
countrydifficulty = 4
countryeconomy = 2
countrymilitary = 3
countrydiplomacy = 3
}
TUR = {
desc = "TUR_DESC"
picture = "gfx\scenarios\picture_mus.bmp"
countrytactics = "TUR_DESC"
playername = "Ottoman Empire > "
countrydifficulty = 5
countryeconomy = 4
countrymilitary = 4
countrydiplomacy = 5
}
}

Here's what the first few lines of the save file looks like. If I delete the entry for France, will it apply to future save files as well, or will I have to do this with every file?

It will apply to future saves as well, though if you ever want to play as one of the other listed countries, such as Poland or Sweden, you'll have to delete the entry for those countries.

Is this mod still alive by any chance?

Since Plvs Vltra map will apparently not be finished until next summer (unless Therion will make a map making guide for us and/or someone will pick it up and finish it), I guess that we only have PV left, when it comes to historical gameplay on a new map. :(

Anyway, if you noticed any bugs or simply want to add something, just post it in this thread, I'll try to come up with one or two more versions, at least cleaned up from bugs, maybe with a few more features. ;)

Since Plvs Vltra map will apparently not be finished until next summer (unless Therion will make a map making guide for us and/or someone will pick it up and finish it), I guess that we only have PV left, when it comes to historical gameplay on a new map. :(

Anyway, if you noticed any bugs or simply want to add something, just post it in this thread, I'll try to come up with one or two more versions, at least cleaned up from bugs, maybe with a few more features. ;)

Could you add the version number in the remark of the txt file? It would allow to see quickly what version is installed

Code:
#Plvs Vltra

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mod = {
	name = "Plvs Vltra"
	dir = "Plvs_Vltra"
	language = { "english" }
	remark = ""
}

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, PV 1.3.1 is ready. Damn I was lazy (but that's nothing new). Also I'm not sure if it's version 1.3.1 really, let's just say it is.

Download from mega.co.nz.

Fixes:
*minor core problems here and there, mostly in HRE.
*flag fix for Spain, it uses vanilla Bourbon Spain directly now.
*added Asian countries to scenario selection.
*Poland-Lithuania and Great Britain get their names changed after respective unions.
*fixed Ikkeri and Sardinia name bugs.
*reverted Switzerland's culture to Swiss (sorrie, it was bugging me too much).
*fixed annoying country selection bug where you'd get stuck on Ottoman Empire anyway. Now player's nickname is set to Player. Should work.
*added FALALALALALALANLERA.

There might still be some problems around, also I could forget that I fixed some things - best way would be to play and see ;) French cores in France are fixed for sure, as that was most itching issue.

Also, important: in /db you can find folder called "ChickenSpadge", which contains countries.csv file required for his converted Civ3 sprites and lighter colourscales mod, and also mentioned colourscales. Just get both files outta this folder and paste inside DB, agree to overwrite files. Use it only if you use sprites and want to have colorscales however! I placed it here since I use both.

If you will find any more bugs (but only serious ones) or want me to add some events (but not big ones), just post here and we'll see what we can see. There's no point in updating this PV anyway, since sooner or later Therion will finish PV Map and I guess we'll start on PV 2.0 ;)

Okay, now you download this verison, and then go play to the very death. For the Glory!

EDIT: Therion added link to first post as well, that's most likely last and best version of mod ;)

Last edited: