• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Therion

Field Marshal
21 Badges
Sep 7, 2006
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
Code:
#(1449-1453) Henry Resumes Crown lands - Ahistorical
event = {
	id = 164060
	trigger = {
		event = 164059 #ENG: Suffolk's Impeachment
	}
	random = no
	country = ENG
	name = "EVENTNAME164060" #Henry Resumes Crown Lands
	desc = "EVENTHIST164060"
	#-#Having agreed to Resumption in the previous session of Parliament, it was now time for Henry to act. For a King who depended so heavily on the support of his nobles this was not going to be an easy measure. Disputes over several large and lucrative inheritances had fractured many of England's nobles into two factions that, if left unchecked, could embroil the realm with civil unrest and perhaps even civil war. As sovereign, Henry had final jurisdiction over whose lands would be resumed and whose would be spared. However, Henry had always been a weak King and so he fell easy prey to the ambitions and machinations of those in his own Court. Thus, Henry favoured his Lancastrian supporters and essentially punished their rival Yorkist faction.

date = { day = 1 month = november year = 1449 }
	offset = 20
	deathdate = { day = 10 month = february year = 1453 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME164060A" #Favour Lancastrians
		command = { type = stability value = -1 }
		command = { type = treasury value = 100 }
		command = { type = revolt which = -1 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 241 value = 1 } #York
		command = { type = provincetax which = 245 value = 1 } #Lincoln
		command = { type = provincetax which = 246 value = 1 } #Gloucester
		command = { type = provincetax which = 247 value = 1 } #Essex
		command = { type = provincetax which = 248 value = 1 } #Sussex
		command = { type = provincetax which = 249 value = 1 } #Wessex
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 36 value = 3 }
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME164060B" #Favour Yorkists
		command = { type = stability value = -2 }
		command = { type = treasury value = 50 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = 240 value = 1 } #Northumberland
		command = { type = provincetax which = 242 value = 1 } #Lancaster
		command = { type = provincetax which = 243 value = 1 } #Wales
		command = { type = provincetax which = 244 value = 1 } #Midlands
		command = { type = provincetax which = 250 value = 1 } #Cornwall
[COLOR="#FFFF00"]		command = { type = provincetax which = 1916 value = 1 } #Oxford[/COLOR]
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 48 value = 2 }
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 164061 } #ENG: Cade's Rebellion
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 164062 } #ENG: Dartford
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 164063 } #ENG: The Reading Parliament
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 164065 } #ENG: St. Albans
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 164066 } #ENG: The Second Protectorate
		command = { type = sleepevent which = 164067 } #ENG: York Resigns and the Queen Stages a Coup
	}
	action_c = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME164060C" #Favour neither Lancastrians nor Yorkists
		command = { type = treasury value = 150 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -1 value = 1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = 2 }
	}
}

I'm not certain as to what the tax increases are supposed to signify. In the first two actions, I *assume* the tax increases refer to crown lands confiscated from the nobility of either faction. Consequently, I placed Oxford in the second choice given that the Earl of Oxford was a Lancastrian. I don't understand why the third choice also gives tax increases.

Would the third choice mean that the king is ahistorically not so weak and not favour any faction? In this case shouldn't he have the need to tax independently? I don't know the answer, though.

However as the event is currently I'd suggest to use the new ftg commands for random provinces:
Code:
 	action_c = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME164060C" #Favour neither Lancastrians nor Yorkists
		command = { type = treasury value = 150 }
		command = { type = provincetax which = -[COLOR="#FFFF00"]4 [/COLOR]value = 1 }
		command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = 2 }
	}
}
As per
Special values for provinces in commands:

-1 means a random province
-2 is used to target the capital province of the country receiving the event
-3 is used to target again the province that was randomly picked in the last command
-4 is used to not target again a province that was already randomly picked in the same action
-5 is used to not target the capital province of the country receiving the event

I think revolts related to the Wars of the Roses like the ones in ENG_164060 should only happen in English provinces.

Hence:
Code:
command = { type = revolt which = -1026 }

based on:

You can also target a random province in a specific continent/region/area by adding 1000 to its id number. Id's can be found in \Db\Map\geography.txt. So we'd have:

-1004 for a province in Europe
-1013 for a province in West Africa
-1151 for a province in Quebec

26 is the ID for the British Isles. If need be, we can create a new region specifically for England to prevent WotR revolts from sprouting in Ireland.

I wonder if we can also use -4 to target a different British province from the ones already picked.

Code:
command = { type = revolt which = -4026 }

I think revolts related to the Wars of the Roses like the ones in ENG_164060 should only happen in English provinces.

Hence:
Code:

based on:

26 is the ID for the British Isles. If need be, we can create a new region specifically for England to prevent WotR revolts from sprouting in Ireland.

I wonder if we can also use -4 to target a different British province from the ones already picked.

Code:

Why? While 164060 in AGCEEP is an ahistorical event in that it can only happen if before an ahistorical choice has been made, it does in it´s a choice favour the lancastrians and with York as Lieutenant of Ireland why should not irish provinces revolt because of his influence there?

It doesn't just apply to event 164060. There are plenty of events which cause revolts in random provinces. I think revolts should only happen in England, where there was Lancastrian or Yorkist presence of some note. The Irish and French subjects of England were undoubtedly implicated in the civil war but their use was mostly as mercenaries in battles fought on English soil.

Code:
It won't work as per MichaelM's post, look at here.

We could use the -1026 for the provincetax command too, in case, if we don't want to increase BTV in French provinces.

We have to choose between -4 and -1026...
Why not a mix of the ones in action A and B. If we add three provinces out of six for each action, there will be six provinces for action C. ;-)

About revolts, being just a couple, we could use the -1026 target twice.

Yes, good idea.

Today I finished half of ENG's event file... (colonial events are really nasty to convert)

Added some pictures too.. :)

great on pictures ............is there a size limit etc

To make it simple about random revolts, since those are presumably provoked by tax increases, we can add a command for one province of the six available in both actions in event 164060.

We could use these criteria in all events dealing with similar facts, ie events in which the taxes are levied.

Last edited:
Should action 21001A also change culture, as per event description?

Code:
#(1615-1640) The Ulster Plantation
event = {
	id = 21001
	trigger = {
		OR = {
			owned = { province = 231 data = -1 } #Connaught
			owned = { province = 232 data = -1 } #Ulster
			owned = { province = 233 data = -1 } #Pale
			owned = { province = 235 data = -1 } #Munster
			owned = { province = 234 data = -1 } #Leinster
		}
		NOT = {
			religion = catholic
			religion = counterreform
		}
	}
	random = no
	country = ENG
	name = "EVENTNAME21001" #The Ulster Plantation
	desc = "EVENTHIST21001"
	#-#Early in the 17th century the process of plantation reached its peak of intensity in Ulster, [B]where not only was the settler population the highest vis-a-vis the native Irish[/B], but the settlers were Scottish Presbyterians, who were particularly opposed to the Catholic Irish. The result was a bitterly divided Ulster that was increasingly unlike the rest of Ireland. Meanwhile, the Ulster Plantation became one more grievance against the English.

date = { day = 1 month = july year = 1615 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1640 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME21001A" #Begin the Ulster Plantation
		command = { type = population which = 232 value = 2000 } #Ulster
[COLOR="#FFFF00"]		command = { type = provinceculture which = 232 value = scots } #Ulster[/COLOR]
		command = { type = provincereligion which = 232 value = reformed } #Ulster
		command = { type = provincetax which = 232 value = 2 } #Ulster
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 232 value = -1 } #Ulster
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 231 value = 1 } #Connaught
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 233 value = 1 } #Pale
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 234 value = 1 } #Leinster
		command = { type = province_revoltrisk which = 235 value = 1 } #Munster
	}
	action_b = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME21001B" #Hold Back the Scottish Presbyterians
	}
}

Ulster should probably have a different culture from England in order to give troubles.

EDIT: So no change in culture, just a decrease in RR. I don't know if Ulster has a perennial RR, although. Should it in case together with the other Irish provinces?

Last edited:
Code:
#(1700-1820) The Act of Union
#Edited by Johnny Canuck
event = {
	id = 3037
	trigger = {
(...)
	}
	random = no
	country = ENG
	name = "EVENTNAME3037" #The Act of Union
	desc = "EVENTHIST3037"
	#-#

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1700 }
	offset = 10
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "ACTIONNAME3037A" #We are Great Britain
[COLOR="#FF0000"]		command = { type = flagname which = "UK" }[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#FFFF00"]		command = { type = flagname which = "" }
		command = { type = country which = GBR }[/COLOR] #if countryname change command is not introduced in 1.3
[COLOR="#FF0000"]		command = { type = provinceculture which = 238 value = anglosaxon } #Lothian
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 239 value = anglosaxon } #Strathclyde
		command = { type = provinceculture which = 237 value = anglosaxon } #The Grampians[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#FFFF00"]		command = { type = add_countryculture which = scots }[/COLOR]
		command = { type = domestic which = CENTRALIZATION value = 1 }
		command = { type = stability value = 1 }
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 236 } #The Highlands
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 237 } #The Grampians
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 238 } #Lothian
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 239 } #Strathclyde
[COLOR="#FFFF00"]		command = { type = addcore_national which = 837 } #Berwick
		command = { type = addcore_national which = 1915 } #Orkney[/COLOR]
		command = { type = inherit which = SCO }
	}
}

Disagreements?

Bear in mind that Anglosaxon was renamed to English so it is no longer apt for Scotland.

I reckon that American provinces should change culture to "American" when USA gains independence.

Last edited:
I reckon that American provinces should change culture to "American" when USA gains independence.
Yes. And what about ENG_164046 action B? Should American provinces have a proper culture too in case of appeasement? Would then England get that culture too?

If you want, you may revise 164046 trigger by adding more inland provinces with "sumof" command, if necessary... As you can see it is probably the largest trigger in the game! ;-)

Yes. And what about ENG_164046 action B? Should American provinces have a proper culture too in case of appeasement? Would then England get that culture too?
I'm not sure. Should the colonies change culture under British rule when the revolution starts or only with American independence?

If you want, you may revise 164046 trigger by adding more inland provinces with "sumof" command, if necessary... As you can see it is probably the largest trigger in the game! ;-)
Indeed. :eek:

What number should we use for sumof?

I'm not sure. Should the colonies change culture under British rule when the revolution starts or only with American independence?
The revolution won't start with 164046 action B. That's why I have included it. If England acknowledges the principle of "no taxation without representation" to the Americans, the revolution is avoided but money from taxes will be reinvested there (that's why treasury is -1000) the empire will be the most decentralized possible and the English merchants abroad will be less protected from fatherland (or motherland?).

The meaning of this trigger is to have contemporary rebelling provinces in different places along the east coast as to simulate the revolution.

As you see, I have used two different triggers to check which province is owned by ENG (I split the east coast and some inland provinces into 4 groups of neighbouring provinces) and which province, owned by ENG, is rebel controlled (I split the same amount of provinces of the first part of the trigger into 5 groups)

You can see that the size of the groups checking ENG owned provinces is larger than the size of the groups checking REB controlled provinces as to have the event fire more likely. RR is high so the issue could come from a bad colonizing England.

However I see that colonization with FTG works better, that's why we should probably add more inland provinces in the events ENG_3349, 3047, 3048, 3049 and subsequently in the events 4982, 4986, 4983, 4984, 4985, 164046, 4987, 3052. We should than include new province specific events about those new provinces in the way current events about "Turmoil in NA" are made (IDs from 338300 to 338341).

Garbon has also used the same structure of this trigger for his province specific events from ID 338342 to ID 338351. You can see that he included province # 104 and 112 amongst the "13 colonies". I have also included them but commented them as further coastal/inland provinces, as you can see I have used 13 provinces for the 13 colonies.

About the new events we already have the ID range reserved. The agceep range 338352-338399 was specifically requested for province events in NA.

What number should we use for sumof?
The new operator "sumof" shouldn't be used for Garbon's province specific events as they check smaller groups of provinces. It should be used exclusively for ENG_164046 not in a way to test single provinces if ENG owned or REB controlled, but to test the ORs for smaller groups of provinces.

The difficulty is to have a "sum of" different provinces not being neighbouring but from different sectors of EAC. It's not that easy, so we can stay with current trigger as it still works properly.

EDIT: I see that my suggestion is also valid for vanilla agceep. I also see that NO NEW provinces were drawn for NA coast, but that the old ones were just redistributed along a narrower stretch of land! :D

Last edited:
I will return to this later. A quick word on the suggestion of adding more inland provinces in the mentioned event. The territory west to the Thirteen Colonies and East of the Mississippi river had been transferred to England from France in the 1763 Treaty of Paris and was for the most part populated by Indians. I don't think ENG should get any RR there. I will try to draw some maps with how the situation on the map should be before and after the Treaty of Paris and after American independence. Obviously, it will be very difficult to have even the remotest semblance of a historical shape in the 18th century. But we can try...

Before dealing with American independence, we should review the Anglo-French events FRA_170260 & ENG_164147, 164153, 164154. At the moment, these events involve additions and removals of cores but no province cessations.

Last edited: