• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mysteronic

Recruit
May 24, 2022
I'm reeling. I might have just messed up a month long campaign I've wasted over 200 hours in by clicking the wrong bar in a dialogue box. I won a holy war against the Jabirid and the choice for your beneficiary 'I wonder what they'll be like as a ruler?' came up and I misclicked the damn button and just lost my entire empire! Seriously is there any way to go back? This is ion Ironman mode I was going for the Mother Of Us All achievement. Tried to hard resetting by turning my laptop of in a panic but the game had already autosaved And I was this damn close
Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 00.59.16.png

Just those three little kingdoms down by Somalia left. Kanem-Bornu I built that. It took 400 years of in game time. So many wars and revolts and succession crises. To being the biggest baddest in Africa. How do I go back?

[Moderated out foul language]

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel sorry, but on iroman that already save you cant go back.

depend where you are on succession line you may be able to get back the empire with (marriage and) a lot of successful murder schemes,
maybe also possible to create a faction to bring you to the throne (with or without offer vassalage to get back into the empire)

Edit: (As far as i know)
Mother of Us All require only that you has reformed and converted all African country to one of the following religions: (single pick out of the following)
Mandé / Yoruba / Hausa / Senegambian / Akan / Kordofan / Oromo-Somali
and not that you hold whole Africa! therefore i think it is not all lost.

Last edited:
I'm reeling. I might have just messed up a month long campaign I've wasted over 200 hours in by clicking the wrong bar in a dialogue box. I won a holy war against the Jabirid and the choice for your beneficiary 'I wonder what they'll be like as a ruler?' came up and I misclicked the damn button and just lost my entire empire! Seriously is there any way to go back? This is ion Ironman mode I was going for the Mother Of Us All achievement. Tried to hard resetting by turning my laptop of in a panic but the game had already autosaved And I was this damn close View attachment 842817

Just those three little kingdoms down by Somalia left. Kanem-Bornu I built that. It took 400 years of in game time. So many wars and revolts and succession crises. To being the biggest baddest in Africa. How do I go back?

Been there, done that.

1. I started to breed high Intrigue chars and murdered all my way into the Throne. Dont know how much time you have left, but thats a way to recover your Empire.

2. Other way is to become subject of Kanem Bornu, then start to eat the Empire from within. Over 2 or 3 generations you could be able to claim the title of your liege by using the Meritocracy exploit. This is easier than murdering 100 babies like in the first way

Last edited:
I'm reeling. I might have just messed up a month long campaign I've wasted over 200 hours in by clicking the wrong bar in a dialogue box. I won a holy war against the Jabirid and the choice for your beneficiary 'I wonder what they'll be like as a ruler?' came up and I misclicked the damn button and just lost my entire empire! Seriously is there any way to go back? This is ion Ironman mode I was going for the Mother Of Us All achievement. Tried to hard resetting by turning my laptop of in a panic but the game had already autosaved And I was this damn close View attachment 842817

You don't need the achievement. You have our acknowledgement and respect.