• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2024
I would like Turkish language support to be added as a gesture for the Turks, who are a large community that plays Eu4, which was released years ago. While it upsets the Turks that the DLCs are not sold enough in Turkey because the Turkish economy is not in a good condition, the addition of Turkish will make the Turks happy.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Someone asked the same question about Turkish Language in the game a few years ago.

There are a few other posts about this on the forums but most western games are made with English as the main language both in game and on the forums because most people speak it as a first or second language. Not just Paradox but many other games developers are the same. For instance, Paradox is a Swedish company but the Swedish language is not supported in game since most Swedes (about 90%) speak English as a second language anyways.

Edit. I did do some searching on this just now and found that someone made a eu4 mod last May that translates the game into Turkish on the ModDB website. However I have never used this website myself or downloaded this mod so download at your own risk. If you do decide to try it out feel free to let us know how it is. The following is the mod link.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
But Turkish has been added to new games (example Victoria 3), adding it to an old game shouldn't be this hard, and it's seriously one of the most popular strategy games among Turkish(because most people in Turkey still play EU4 ). Anyway, I will look at the link you sent, thank you for your answers.

Reactions:
But Turkish has been added to new games (example Victoria 3), adding it to an old game shouldn't be this hard, and it's seriously one of the most popular strategy games among Turkish(because most people in Turkey still play EU4 ). Anyway, I will look at the link you sent, thank you for your answers.
First, it's important to recognize that it isn't any more work than any other localization, but now would have to be done all at once. That means that instead of being a small line item for each release, localization would be a large, single investment. In turn, this means a drive to do it has to demonstrate that all that labor (and its future cost) is worthwhile. It's much easier to make the argument on a new release - "hey, we had a lot of people in Turkey playing EUIV, maybe we should solidify that market by supporting Turkish in Vic3" - than it is to make now - "ok we have a sizeable Turkish market, maybe we can eke out a few more players if we add in Turkish support."

In other words, this is a tough sell to the bean counters... but that certainly isn't to say it wouldn't be a good thing to have.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.