• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Fiatlux

Corporal
112 Badges
Jul 10, 2010
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Darkest Hour
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
I would like to suggest that Paradox splits the game Surviving Mars into two versions on both Steam and on GOG.
Then call the version that Paradox is selling now 1) Surviving Mars and the other version 2) could be called Surviving Mars (Classical)/(First Colony)/(whatever)
version 2) / classical should be the Surviving Mars game version "Update Tito 1001569"
Then let anyone who have the game presently now as First Colony Edition or better have the version 2/classical edition for free as well as giving the 'classical' version free to anyone that buys the full game now or in the future.

There is almost no real work in it for Paradox other than administration as it would just be taking an existing update version (game version "Update Tito 1001569) and let people have that for free as described above.
By doing so Paradox would recognize that opinions are divided on Surviving Mars after DLC Below and Beyond but also let people have what many would like , namely a good working version of the game (game version "Update Tito 1001569) instead of the mess that Paradox is selling now that only works to some extend because it is supported by Mods and Modders .
I am not interested in starting a discussion , nor am I interested in the opinions of any 'apologists' or game evangelists.
I am merely making what I myself think is a very constructive suggestion (which should be within the new forum rules also !:rolleyes:)

Upvote 0
I've never seen a game company do anything like this in my life. It's more likely they'll fix the bugs and Below will be playable.

Anyway, there would have to be a company in charge of Surviving Mars right now.

It's more likely they'll fix the bugs and Below will be playable.
Paradox is never ever going to get rid of all the bugs. For that to happen then they would have to hire original game developer Haemimont Games and ask them not just to fix the game but to re-make all the DLCs made by developer Abstraction from scratch !
Anyway , as far as I know then Paradox does not even have Abstraction working on the game anymore. (I am sure that Paradox would not appreciate any discussions here as to why they haven't gotten developer Haemimont Games working on the game anymore or why they hired Abstraction or why Abstraction apparently is also gone).
but the only real fix would be what I have suggested namely to make the the main game from before the B&B DLC available with the DLCs it had then. And then leave the B&B DLC game version and past that to the Modders and the apologists and game evangelists !
(I would have loved to play the game with a B&B DLC if it were not such a .<insert you own curses and swear words here>....)(forbidden by forum rules to write nasty words and expressions)