• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AVGVZT0

Recruit
30 Badges
Nov 25, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
PLEASE Paradox, I hope you listen to this idea:

Me and my girlfriend we love your game, but currently there is no way that we can build 2 different cities in the same map, and be separate from each other, meaning separate stats for population, separate economy/profit for each small city, as if they were from different 2 countries. We always thought: "Wouldn't it be cool if we could kind of divide the map in two, and take turns playing 5 minutes each with it's 'country'? And after 1 hour of both playing we could already see massive differences, like North Korea and South Korea. Maybe one of us has a much more developed country/cities and the other one a more beautiful one, with nice European buildings and bicycle roads."

It could just work the way that Districts do already! But instead of Zoning the district freely, it could have a cost, meaning that the more prosperous nation will be able to claim more land in the map. The countries could be divided by walls, or not. They could be completely divided, or cooperate and trade with each other helping each other prosper.

I REALLY hope you guys listen to this idea, it would be like a "local multiplayer" but not really. Yes one will be able to play the game with at least 1 more person, and each person having a portion of the map, but without the need for internet! This would make the game SO MUCH more fun! Cooperating with each other, competing with each other! One could even send the save game to a friend and he/her could build it for an hour, and send it back!

I feel this is especially important in these times of isolation, it would be extremely beneficial to have a way that allows us to play with a friend, or a roomate, or ones partner.

I really really hope you read this!

P.S.: Couldn't it be just an update to the "districts" function? At least allowing one to see how much money that district is producing, and what percentage of the total money that district has?

Thanks!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Hmm, I like the idea to allow for district zoning that allows for more than 1 city or town. Heck, it could be called the "county/regional zoning" tool. And just like in real life. Allow the player to set the sales tax rates in each of these areas.

But....

I'm not sure they will make something that makes the 2 cities act as 2 countries.

Reactions:
Agreed, optional for the map, but we not gonna use it really often i assume. Just for border-cities.
I think people will use it much more often than you think. Not so much for recreating a real life "border - city" but rather 2 people playing the game. GREAT content for YouTube to later show the progress of the map in x10 time, further increasing the interest of people in the game and in Paradox.

There hasn't been a big change since a long time and this would be just the innovative push the game would need to target people with couples or friends etc, especially when valentines day is just around the corner.

I think this would be a great move for them, because so far, this game even though is fun, it can only be played alone. And playing alone + pandemic is not so nice when sometimes we want to socialize and spend time doing what with love with the people we love.