• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Founder

Field Marshal
55 Badges
Mar 13, 2013
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Major Wiki Contributor
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Ancient Space
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Imperator: Rome
The Oatbound heroes "Field Repair Droid" gives them Regeneration while in Vehicles - but more importantly, it gives the Vehicle they are using de-facto resurgence (it comes back after the fight, as long as you win).

Please make the "Vehicle resurgence" part a general Hero skill. The Oathbound can still have their unique skill that (also) grants Regeneration. But every hero could use vehicle resurgence! Indeed, you could even make that a default feature or game setting (like Hero Resurgence itself is).

That a Heroes Vehicles can be destroyed is almost a worse fate then the hero being killed.

Upvote 0
Or a even simpler solution:
Heroes do not eject on loosing vehicle HP. They go to the void inside their vehicle. Or have to be revived with something that would work on the kind of vehicle (mechanical revive).

That I can loose vehicloes without the Hero dying is kinda ruining the whole idea of using vehicles.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I concur. I actually really miss having the vehicle skills. If only I liked Oathbound as a faction. But the big one of course is the not losing the vehicle if auto-battle doesn't go well. Though maybe rather than a skill make it an operation like the hero revival? Except more early in the tech tree? Maybe add it to frontier facilities. That way there is still a cost to losing the vehicle, but you don't lose the ultra rare ones or have to spend lots of cosmite because the AI just refuses to not suicide your vehicles in autobattle.

That way there is still a cost to losing the vehicle, but you don't lose the ultra rare ones or have to spend lots of cosmite because the AI just refuses to not suicide your vehicles in autobattle.
I am convinced the whole idea behind "jumping out" of the vehicle was to make them more useable.
However, it does the opposite. It makes them less useable, because the vehicle can be lost even if I win the fight or the hero resurges. No other primary weapon can be lost permanently if I win the fight!

It actually does make the starting vehicles pretty interesting. They are what 60 energy? And for that you basically get the Syndicate's Escape Module skill added to your skill list(obviously not quite since you lose your primary when it happens). In addition Escape Module and it stacks. And if I remember correctly so does an auto revive skill. So you can be kinda annoying to kill if you want to be. However, the real benefit is if you aren't playing with resurgence then this is actually a nifty bit of insurance. All for 60 energy. And one could argue that that 60 energy is the repair cost.

The problem arises from two areas. First due to autobattle not being great at preservation, resurgence is basically a given. Second limited rides not being able to bought or repaired is a rather serious issue. Particularly when paired with the fact that other rare and limited primaries don't suffer the same risks. This actually brings to mind that maybe it could just be added to advanced piloting? Not all the limited rides are out of the range of basic piloting and it wouldn't solve the cosmite cost issue for the Tier II's that cost cosmite, but that just means the skill has some merit to pick up even if you don't plan to upgrade to a higher vehicle at the time.

It actually does make the starting vehicles pretty interesting. They are what 60 energy? And for that you basically get the Syndicate's Escape Module skill added to your skill list(obviously not quite since you lose your primary when it happens).
Actually the decision against vehicles happens earlier - when you choose them over another weapon to begin with.
Piloting is a massive Skill Point investment and it blocks you from effectively using any of those OP T3 or T4 Primary weapons.
And then you propabl get Arc Vulnerability and have the danger of loosing found vehicles permanently, even in victory with everyone surviving.

The problem arises from two areas. First due to autobattle not being great at preservation, resurgence is basically a given. Second limited rides not being able to bought or repaired is a rather serious issue. Particularly when paired with the fact that other rare and limited primaries don't suffer the same risks. This actually brings to mind that maybe it could just be added to advanced piloting? Not all the limited rides are out of the range of basic piloting and it wouldn't solve the cosmite cost issue for the Tier II's that cost cosmite, but that just means the skill has some merit to pick up even if you don't plan to upgrade to a higher vehicle at the time.
Moving it to advanced Piloting would be a option as well.

The main thing is that the chance to permanently loose rare vehicles (in ways other then any other Primary Weapon) is removed. So the ideas floated around thus far has been:
- just remove ejection as a rule, handle them like all other Primary Weapons on death
- moving Vehicle Resurgence itself to a dedicated, general skill*
- moving Vehicle Resurgence to Advanced Piloting*
*The oathbounds skill still can give Vehicle Regeneration

To be fair, I thought the Droid skill to be buggy for an extended time, because I never got my Vehicle back after I lost it (and am pretty sure that my guy actually survived in one fight, too). What does 'vehicle starts at 50% HP) even mean? The pilot? (because thats apparently how it works for me).
Maybe a bit unfitting, but the Pilot skillset could be completely overhauled. I only ever take Piloting on Oathbound (other races just don't have enough incentive), because taking Piloting is both costly for skill points as well as starting points. And then you can only play around with Tier 2 vehicles, which are mostly bad.
I would prefer to see some kind of change to it, for example Piloting allowing all vehicles (after all, I can equip my level 1 hero with a tier 4 weapon as well), while advanced piloting offers boni (some which are currently tied to oathbound).
In exchange, restrict Oathbound skills to be more for Mechs instead of Vehicles. Give them boni when using a Mech, these are far rather than your average Tank or Mount, too. In most cases, they would then try to get the Paladin Exemplar instead of keeping Piloting 1 until they find a Tier 4 vehicle (thats how I do it anyway)

TL;DR:
Piloting -> all vehicles, regardless of tier
Advanced Piloting -> Bonus to vehicles, general (like Stagger Resistance, general resistances and +armor/shield/health). Cost can be increased in return
Oathbound skills -> change to only affect battlesuits and not all vehicles