• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Asteyr

Private
36 Badges
Feb 18, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hello,

please consider making terraforming easier on the special resource side. I basically cannot get together the required resources to even terraform once since I play the game. I was not able to use this feature even once so far. I know this is probably just bad luck by rng galaxy generation, but still I would love to see an option slider to set terraforming to require less resources. Or maybe make it more abstract than having terraforming liquids, gases and so on - maybe just use "terraforming resources".

Reactions:
Upvote 0
I don't think Paradox wants you to terraform easily.

But to help, keep an eye on planets while you're scouting. Frozen planets give Terraforming Liquids and Gas Giants give Terraforming Gases (although they don't always). Work to expand here. You'll probably want 3 and 3 to be able to terraform anything.

Or work to absorb empires that have these resources available. They have been a driving force in my early aggression.

Reactions:
In my opinion, it should stay a huge investment to terraform a planet to avoid having all your planets terraformed.

Seconding. Its meant to be hard, and require a lot of work. Honestly I wish the resources used to do it were instead generated slowly and not special resources, so you'd have to wait and earn them at extremely slow rates to use.

Reactions:
I think it's actually too easy now. There's nothing I hated more in older 4x games than the tedium of going back and terraforming all my colonies into Gaia worlds or whatever.

Reactions:
I agree, that terraforming should be more viable.

Right now, there are 5 ways to colonize planets.

- Firstly, you can just colonize planets that suit your species, but if you don't find any, or if you want a strategic point, you could..
- build robots. But that can possibly be dangerous in the lategame.
- Find a species, that suits this planet and "convince" them to obey you.

- Then you have terraforming, of course, but that takes 10 years, and is a huge investment.
- And lastly, you could just genetically modify that one colonist, you send to a planet, wich is sooooooo much cheaper than anything else!
Genetically modifying one pop on one planet is nothing compared to investing resources and years to terraform a planet, or risking an AI-uprising in the lategame, or uplifting a non-sentinent species, or conquering another species.

Right now gen-modifying is either overpowered, or terraforming is underpowered, so yeah make terraforming more viable!

Reactions:
Seconding. Its meant to be hard, and require a lot of work. Honestly I wish the resources used to do it were instead generated slowly and not special resources, so you'd have to wait and earn them at extremely slow rates to use.

This would be a clever solution that would enable everyone to terraform at least. I would like that :)

- Find a species, that suits this planet and "convince" them to obey you.
If you're xenophile, this is actually easy - negotiate bilateral migration treaties with all the other xenophiles (and maybe it worked well because I had a Gaia world with lots of space), and you'll get nice alien pops with different planet preferences for you to colonize with.

Terraforming would likely be highly energy-intensive in real life, so it makes sense for it to be reeeal expensive.

It isn't that hard. All you need is a good sum of energy and resources. By 2260 I've terraformed a planet and I'm ready to terraform 2 more.