• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(32077)

Recruit
Jul 17, 2004
Thanks to Paradox for the excellent game,
but while playing it i had some technical problems which seem difficult to overcome.
These are primarily are: sudden freezing of the game and unable to load previously saved game.
Let me explain in detail. The game ran generally smoothly from 1936 till 1941 September. In september 13 France defeated Vichy France and turned it to a puppet. This seems to be a cornerstone of my problems, because the saves made before September 12 can be loaded without any problems, and the saves made after 13 freeze as soon as i load them.
Moreover, i tryed to play several times from Sept.12 but unforunately in the beginning of october of 1941 the game eventually freezes. I am completely unable to play.
Given the fact that i successfully played from 1936 to 1941 and had a numerous save-loads without any problem, i conclude that the problem isn't in my system but in the game itself and i kindly ask for assistance. Sometimes the game froze when American aid arrived. Please advice also how to deal with France-Vichy France problem i mentioned above.

Upvote 0
Well if you do not believe it to be system related than I will move you to the bug forum.
The first question they will ask though is what version of the game and patch level you are using.
*Moved

Castellon said:
Well if you do not believe it to be system related than I will move you to the bug forum.
The first question they will ask though is what version of the game and patch level you are using.
*Moved

Grrr... I just need to get some help. English version of HoI with the latest patch installed.

Cheers Castellon.

This sounds like a problem that a few others are getting, bit I havent encountered it.
Can you please post the following info:

Nation:
Difficulty:
AI:
Scenario:
Speed:
Saves:

Please also check the end of the save game file. Its probably not going to be complete. Can you zip and upload a copy of the save and the one that is "alright", and post the link here so i can download it. You will need some webspace.

Oh and post the last 2dozen lines of the history. If you havent replayed it should be in its own history file, in the root install folder for the game.

Furthermore, check that you have enough diskspace on the partition the game is on.

same problem here

Hi.
I think I'm having the same problem.

Playing 36' scenario as Turkey and game freezes every time when France gets controll of Vichy in spring 1941. It's happening not at the same moment, but at the 15th day of the month.
First, I had a save at about 4-5 January 1941 and game freezed everytime I reached April 15. Then I saved the game April 12 and game stopped May 15.
Once France didn't controll Vichy until June, but then again, game stopped June 15.
To get out of the game screen I have to use win button (not always helps), not able to use task manager. My OS is Win XP Pro.

AI:Weakling
Speed:Extremely fast
Patch:1.06 En

I'm new with the game and even more inexperienced in changing game characteristics (events etc.), but I guess alowing Germany to controll Vichy would do the trick.
Any suggestions how to block this event?
any others would be nice too :)
thanx

Last edited:
Do you think its Vichy?

Id be grateful if you could post a link to your save game Ilaruum. So I can duplicate.

When you say France did get Vichy you mean As Germany invades the French, the Vichy France puppet doesnt come into effect.

To block the event from a new game, go to the file under the folder:

C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Hearts of Iron 106\db\events or wherever your game is installed and comment out the lines of code in the file called germany.txt for event 2021 :
Code:
action_b = {
	name = "ACTIONNAME2021B" # Total conquest is preferable	
	command = { }

To comment out the lines, just put a # infront of the words at each line. You can see above that the sentence TOTAL CONQUEST IS PREFERABLE is commented out. It has a # infront, but name = "ACTIONNAME2021B" is not commented out.

In game, try to load up as Germany before Vichy happens, that is select Germany as the nation you want to play and then load the game. Then play till you get the Vichy event and select the first option (option A) so that Total conquest is chosen. That way, VF will come to be.

Please feed this back if you get past the block in game! Cheers.

AND previously....
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149151&page=1&pp=10

Last edited:
Thnx for advice 2Coats. I used your link and tried to comment out event 10735 as described below:

"jdrou
Field Marshal Location: Michigan, USA

You could remove or comment out event 10735 in db\events\ai\ai.txt or use a mod that doesn't use that event (e.g. I don't think CORE uses it)."

When i said France gets Vichy, I meant that Vichy becomes a puppet of France and is annexed by it.

My Turkey game works now (at least untill late September, as far as I tried).
Sorry, I'm not able to upload my saves, no easy available webspace at the moment.

Thnx once more.