• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

destroyer008

Corporal
71 Badges
Mar 25, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
I love this game Paradox, but the naval AI is one of the most frustrating aspects of EU4. :mad:

What I mean is how your allied navies won't ever for the love of god attach to your navy even though you activated the option for them. Also, they seem to always prioritize sieging the coasts of enemy territories no matter whether you'd need them in important battles or not. You have absolutely 0 control over the decisions the AI makes. Obviously I don't want to have absolute control, but I'd love to see some options just like in land warfare to give your allies some directions and manage some strategical decisions.

So to conclude my ideas:

1. Please make the "attach to navy" option actually work properly. (Currently, it is completely broken)
2. Make the AI prioritize more helping you in battle instead of always sieging coasts.
3. Give you some options to tell them to set priority on sieging or chase enemy fleets or attaching to you.
4. Give the player an option to tell your allies not to go into certain "sea-provinces" (kinda like in HoI4 where you can close off such provinces for your own fleets).

As I said I love your game Paradox and I'd love to see you improving it even more.
Maybe this thread is useless as you are already working on it, but this problem is so old by now and I hope you take a serious look at the AI again.

Thanks in advance :)

I love this game Paradox, but the naval AI is one of the most frustrating aspects of EU4. :mad:

What I mean is how your allied navies won't ever for the love of god attach to your navy even though you activated the option for them. Also, they seem to always prioritize sieging the coasts of enemy territories no matter whether you'd need them in important battles or not. You have absolutely 0 control over the decisions the AI makes. Obviously I don't want to have absolute control, but I'd love to see some options just like in land warfare to give your allies some directions and manage some strategical decisions.

So to conclude my ideas:

1. Please make the "attach to navy" option actually work properly. (Currently, it is completely broken)
2. Make the AI prioritize more helping you in battle instead of always sieging coasts.
3. Give you some options to tell them to set priority on sieging or chase enemy fleets or attaching to you.
4. Give the player an option to tell your allies not to go into certain "sea-provinces" (kinda like in HoI4 where you can close off such provinces for your own fleets).

As I said I love your game Paradox and I'd love to see you improving it even more.
Maybe this thread is useless as you are already working on it, but this problem is so old by now and I hope you take a serious look at the AI again.

Thanks in advance :)
#1 has never been any trouble for me, they will attach if they are fully repaired and are too worried to embark on separate operations due to enemy naval strength, though there will still be some times they do not. #2 hasn't been a trouble for me either as typically they will put down the whole blockade to join the battle unless you have 99% chance of winning the battle alone. #3 and #4 shouldn't happen as that just makes allied navies essentially your own.