• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HappyMan Adventures

Recruit
10 Badges
Nov 14, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
As of now, multiplayer is completely broken. It didn't used to be this way, either. If the prison you try to play online on is a large sized prison, nobody is able to join. They get kicked out of the joining screen halfway through. If you start a prison as a small prison, and gradually work your way up to a larger sized prison, the same thing will occur, where the percent change of them being able to join gets smaller as the prison gets larger, until they can't join at all.

This really sucks because it means that every time you and your friends get the prison to a certain size, you all have to start over because nobody is able to join due to this bug.

I've found that when your prison becomes a size of 200 x 160, the chance of anyone joining is 0%, but when the prison is 100 x 80, the chance of anyone joining is 100%, and as you expand your prison the chances of being able to join decrease until they hit that said 0%, and can no longer join anymore.

My friend and I have lost 2 prisons to this bug, and are now on our third playthrough. Its extremely unfortunate and I really hope that the developers find out what is causing this soon, because a year ago this was not a problem and the game was a blast.

My friend and I like to build large prisons.

You are correct, and the cuprit is the host is sending 60 kB/s or more when the other player is joining. Ofc, first instinct is to throttle internet. Didn't work for me. The game still intends to send 60 kB/s, even when only a fraction of that is available. Problem should be the go-between exitgames.com that simply is throttling Prison Architect, perhaps they don't pay their bills?

• 1Like
Reactions:
We do not recommend transferring large data (i.e. files) using Photon unless you know what you are doing. We advise you to optimize the data you exchange and get in touch with us if you really have to send a very big message.

Photon Cloud has a server side limit for client buffers which is 500KB. So depending on the context a message could be considered:

• "too big" for our per client buffer size on Photon Cloud > 500KB. If a client hits this limit in a short period of time, it will be disconnected by the server.

Use another service to download static or bigger data (e.g. maps). Photon is not built as content delivery system.

So, dear paradox get your own damn servers.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Same here, the game is awesome but I can't play with my brother because of this bug.
And I want to point out that it is much more interesting to share prison with someone else.
SO PLEASE FIX IT!!!