• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think the main problem is that the AI can't manage trade for you in Vickie. That would be an ideal solution, if the AI was ok at handling trade (such that it didn't decide it needed lots and lots of luxury clothes and the like) - you could strike a balance. The micromanagement of Vickie is there for those who want it, and if not, you can just keep it 'under the hood' and let the AI handle it.

I don't expect this to be a popular suggestion, but its just a thought.

My main request is that P-dox keep in mind the large multiplayer community while putting EU3 together. I'm not suggesting that they haven't in the past, merely that its a very important aspect of the game and a group whose needs should be taken into account at most every step - 'How will this change affect multiplayer play?' & 'Will this lead to something that can be exploited in MP?'

Finally, why isn't anyone worrying about EU3 turning into HoI3?

DesertFoxx said:
Finally, why isn't anyone worrying about EU3 turning into HoI3?
'Cuz it won't. :D

The worst thing would be if EU III turned into Moo III...

:shudders with sudden foreboding:

well. Eu2 should not be like viky. but more complex then Eu2. Otherwise its gonna be viky or Eu2.

2bad i cant read what dev team is thinking

Flori said:
I just took that idea to Johan, and as much as we would like to implement that, he pointed out that there may be an issue in Multiplayer if 2 or more players press that "YES" button...
Now, does this (not being directly from Johan or Susana) count as an official response or is it just rumor? ;)

-Pat

Alexen said:
well. Eu2 should not be like viky. but more complex then Eu2. Otherwise its gonna be viky or Eu2.

Just hack into their PC-s :cool:

Alexen said:

Well, like they are doing with Doomsday, I hope they ship their developer notes with the game. :)

Admittably I'd love to have POPs, immigration etc.

But then again we can't let that dampen EUIII. The developers have to eat. SO yeah no Vicky complexities.....

Instead bring on Vicky II :D

cheers

Sarmatia1871 said:
Although then you must be careful that the whole thing doesn't turn into an early-modern version of MOO3 (eg. without the cool looking aliens), where you spend hours watching everything of any importance being automated by the underlying algorithms...

If I say complexity of the underlying engine, I'm talking not talking about the amount of entities in game/that you have to check. I'm saying if possible use many and complex/realistic algorithmes if necessary to link the entities that, are already in game and you already need to check anyway.

With other words the amount of checkin/watchin you have to do isn't increased (micromanagement), but when you do something you have to think harder about the consequences (as in strategic). Each change will have more and more advanced/realistic consequences.

Last edited:
Flori said:
I just took that idea to Johan, and as much as we would like to implement that, he pointed out that there may be an issue in Multiplayer if 2 or more players press that "YES" button...

Well no worries, EU3 will be great. I myself cannot wait to actually play it!

I don't see a problem with 2 players pressing yes they're just automatically allied :)