• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ArchangelEST

Private
34 Badges
Nov 12, 2016
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Magicka 2
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Pillars of Eternity
To put it simply:

Currently, whenever you pick any dialogue choice, it becomes greyed out - to indicate it has been used. That's all well and good - I can understand the reasoning. HOWEVER - many dialogue choices have multiple non-exclusive follow-up choices. Meaning that if you want to truly exhaust a dialogue tree, you have to re-click on an already greyed out choice.

This can become hard to keep track of, especially with characters who have dozens of dialogue topics.

On top of that, characters develop new dialogue through-out the game as well. And if any of that new dialogue ends up under a previously grayed out dialogue choice, it can easily be missed. And that's bad.

Now, I'm not going to hold it against the developers too much as this is actually a very common issue for a lot of games. Most recently I experienced the same in Mass Effect: Andromeda.

HOWEVER, ME:A developers actually did go ahead and fixed that issue. From their patch notes:

"Because we don’t want players to miss any of the great side conversations with their crew, dialogue options will no longer appear “greyed out” if a character has more to say."

---

So please, if possible - look into this matter and see if it's possible to make the system more flexible in Tyranny as well, so that we can always know for sure if all dialogue options have been exhausted and all lore obtained.

Thank you!

Upvote 0