Please bring back the Monarchs-Journey Rulers and implement them among the other preset Rulers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
support, but i don't think they will listen us. the Monarch's-Journey is very useful system, if didn't want the player get the ck3 reward,just cut the reward, shouldn't cut the whole system.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Yeah, I've got all the rewards, but the monarchs journey thing was a nice way of showing off rulers and startdates I probably wouldn't have tried otherwise, and the challenges made me play in different ways than I usually do too, it seems pointless to remove. They should bring back the challnge rulers they added before the monarchs journey ones aswell imo.

• 10Like
Reactions:
Yep, the Monarch's Journey challenges and previous featured rulers are absolutely the best way showing off the game. CK2 still has life and sales, because if nothing else it has experiences that are just different from what CK3 offers (and perhaps different from what it will ever offer), vastly different start dates being the most obvious thing.

• 8Like
Reactions:
I can understand removing the rewards, I certainly can understand don't add new Ruler's challenges, but I can't see a good reason to remove the existing challenges.

It is just a (very) little disincentive to pass to CK3 for me.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Support
Do you know if the MJ characters are still playable if we look at the good start date for each?

Some of them are there but their portrait looks different - some of them are entirely gone - Shajar al-Durr Queen of Egypt for example.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Some of them are there but their portrait looks different - some of them are entirely gone - Shajar al-Durr Queen of Egypt for example.
no... all the rulers were always there and still are there the same as they were. you just have to load the correct start date. she only "ruled" for like a year in real life so she's not in any bookmark.

Reactions:
no... all the rulers were always there and still are there the same as they were. you just have to load the correct start date. she only "ruled" for like a year in real life so she's not in any bookmark.

Apologies - my fault - she ruled indeed for only 2 months. I just checked roughly the year 1250.

Even keeping the rewards for CK3 seems a good idea. They're already there anyways and a lot of people will still play CK2 for a long time. But even without the rewards I think they should keep MJ and open it for mods as well.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That make me think, why there is not a thread for interesting starting rulers? I figure there are a lot of them lost in between dates like that queen of Egypt.

There is an "interesting female characters" thread but why not make one for all interesting (but little known)rulers, or starting situations, or even possible challenges even if self imposend?

• 1Like
Reactions:
For me, the best possible change would be:
  • Add back the MJs, with custom ruler stats/traits and goal tracking but without CK3 rewards
  • Unlock MJ for modders, so modders can create their own MJs for rulers that they find interesting

Would certainly be the ideal outcome with so many other interesting starts on record (a great page, that deserves more love yet). Though I'm not so hopefully we'll get anything — even the latter — "added" to the game.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Seems pretty callous to remove the system altogether. I would understand if they decided to no longer give the rewards, but why go through the effort to remove a functional feature for a 'deceased' game? Almost feels like they are undermining the predecessor to prop up CK3

• 1Like
Reactions:
it's silly to imagine ulterior motives for removing MJ. it's far more likely the feature was just designed as a whole to be temporary, and it'd require some extra dev to extract permanent bits while taking out the part that gathers points for CK3.

• 2Like
Reactions: