• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RhysTheT00n

T00NYBOY
Dec 29, 2019
I love the updates to how starbases work as now they are much more powerful, especially with Ion Cannon platforms (also plz give us a repeatable tech that gives us like +5 defensive platforms so we can have more than two Ion Cannon platforms... plz), unfortunately one of the changes to starbases is that they update their own loadout automatically with a balanced array of your best tech, missiles, lasers and kinetic weaponry. This is a little annoying as when you're fighting enemies like the Prethoryn who completely ignore shields but only do +50% damage to armour and your station is half kitted out in shields when its survability could literally be doubled if the player had control of what it used. Another example is the lackluster weapons it runs, it uses a T slot on missiles instead of Torpedoes.

• 3Like
Reactions:
They will likely not add something into the game that doesn't exist on the PC version

That being said, if you want more defensive platforms on a star base, there is a building upgrade that gives you more

The Defense-Grid Super Computer gives you +8 Def Platform Cap

weapons platforms and Modules are the only to have some control of loadout, heck with a combination of weapon modules, super defense-grid, target uplink and weapons platforms you can have citadels with over 30K damage and that's without an ion cannon, having a few of these at choke points, enemy empire borders and wormholes leading to enemy territories will make your game a lot easier.

Torpedoes no longer use T slots they use G slots alongside missiles with the only exception of energy torps as they use L slots, T slots are now restricted to titan and ion cannon weapon slots.

They will likely not add something into the game that doesn't exist on the PC version

That being said, if you want more defensive platforms on a star base, there is a building upgrade that gives you more

The Defense-Grid Super Computer gives you +8 Def Platform Cap
I know about the defense grid, that's the only way you can get 2 Ion cannons. I know they won't add anything that's not in PC, which is why I posted it in the normal suggestions tab instead of the console one

weapons platforms and Modules are the only to have some control of loadout, heck with a combination of weapon modules, super defense-grid, target uplink and weapons platforms you can have citadels with over 30K damage and that's without an ion cannon, having a few of these at choke points, enemy empire borders and wormholes leading to enemy territories will make your game a lot easier.

Torpedoes no longer use T slots they use G slots alongside missiles with the only exception of energy torps as they use L slots, T slots are now restricted to titan and ion cannon weapon slots.
Just because you can be powerful without being able to choose what you bring into battle doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to, like I said, having half your utility slots be redundant because the game knows better just grinds my gears.

Also, quick question. Anyone know what's happening with these Fallen Empire shields here?
20200703_164843.jpg

Reactions:
There's a resource you are out of. I can't tell what one, your energy and minerals are fine. Maybe your alloys or a strategic resource has hit 0. I am just going by memory here but I think Dark Matter Shields have Dark Matter upkeep so if you're out they won't work.

There's a resource you are out of. I can't tell what one, your energy and minerals are fine. Maybe your alloys or a strategic resource has hit 0. I am just going by memory here but I think Dark Matter Shields have Dark Matter upkeep so if you're out they won't work.
Those aren't my ships, they belong to another empire, also Dark Matter tech doesn't require dark matter as upkeep,I once had +4dm/m and had over 1000 corvettes with precursor tech.

Sidenote I'm liking that you can get precursor tech from ships but unfortunately we currently can't get precursor buildings which is unfortunate, like Dark Matter power plants or Aegis complexes (another side note, I had the roleplay scenario I always wanted, my fleet of 25 Gene Warrior armies had NEVER even come close to being beaten EVER, and as I'm always playing the villain in these games I wanted to be nigh unbeatable but still suffer losses and defeats in a realistic manner, my 25 Gene Warrior armies were defeated in battle after I thought I'd long since won.)