Please add auto-suspension of Robo Assembly.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pancakelord

Lord of Pancakes
43 Badges
Apr 7, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Darkest Hour
Code:
OVERCROWDING_NO_GROWTH_THRESHOLD    = 1.5    # At this amount of overcrowding, growth stops entirely
OVERCROWDING_DECLINE_THRESHOLD      = 2.0    # At this amount of overcrowding, pops start declining

Those two lines are taken from 00_defines.txt. Essentially, they say that once you have hit 1.5x a planet's current housing, population growth is automatically turned off.
However, this does NOT apply to synthetic/assembled pops, as they are assembled, not grown.

Please add support to automatically shut down pop assembly once 1.X housing cap has been hit.

The AI, in my tests, will automatically kill its assembly production, but humans have to do it manually. This makes playing robotic empires simply not fun when you have many planets/colonies to manage.
  • Either growth will be through the roof, and you have to keep jumping around from world to world, dealing with unemployment,
  • Or you have to turn assembly off on most worlds, and spend the next century constantly resettling unemployed robots from a few "core assembly worlds"...
That an auto-cutoff for assembly hasnt been added so far is just silly.

Reactions:
I usually keep assembly on and play with the auto-relocate mod. The last century gets really fun with 40 pop growth.
Lol, I've tried it - it certainly helps but with the state of performance in 2.5.x I try and avoid anything that runs pulsed scripts/events. I don't see paradox adding an assembly limiter in time for 2.6 - I imagine most of that heavy coding has been locked-in by now - so I'll try modding that new policy they're adding to be always-on (its probably written more _efficiently_ than what a modder can do, alone, through script. Or I'd hope so anyway).

I like machine empires, but they are such a headache to use right now :/.
Like, DAs usually end up becoming almost fully robotic by late game, as machines continue to grow even as cyborgs stop (doesnt help that assimilation is slow AF, too).