Playing pre 2.6 save in 2.6 has some interesting changes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SedahDrol

Private
Mar 27, 2021
(Stellaris PS4 pro)

Somethings I ran into an pre 2.6 save :

my economy got all jacked up due to my ringworlds losing all districts because they now have like only 5 districts per segment, each district type produces and houses massive amounts of resources for each type.
I also had to manually change each world to its type: generator, mining, forge, agricultural, etc. There was massive unemployment due to redistricting. I was fortunately able to recover quickly due to having massive stockpiles and the galactic market. Also I ended up with a few drones that are waiting to be reassigned (I know one type was entertainer), not sure if it had something to due with buildings types and jobs being changed between updates. These were assimilated worlds which had some biological building types.

Also have lost ability to build Dyson sphere, ring worlds. My galactic wonders has Dyson sphere and ring worlds and there is another one that has Dyson sphere, ringworlds and matter decompressors. Fortunately I do have a spare ascension slot so will probably take galactic wonders again once I can access it by building another megastructure (habitat and gates don't seem to count btw). Be interesting to see if doing so crashes the game. ;)

Upon loading the game I had new sciences available, had to research a few low level science and most megastructures. The good thing is that due to the new administrative capacity I have a ton of science where it only takes me a few months to research the post research tree improvement techs.

Will update if I notice any other nuances playing a pre 2.6 save.

Update: my ringworlds are still showing 50 districts with 20 housing and 20 jobs producing 120 energy, or 80 of each science, or 100 food. Nexus segment creates 80 housing and 50 jobs with some energy and lots of amenities.

Last edited:
This has been my experience as well.
Also, Federations start at level 1 so you may lose control of it, and fleet size might be non existant.

Aaaand you might get the Scourge triggering a second time. Fun twist