• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well you can't hold temples, so that 2 gold is going to the priest or shaman who owns the temple. You get a % of his income as taxes which varies based on your laws. If you are holding the temple yourself there is a massive penalty due to wrong holding type but you still make a little from it.

That's yearly income, and it goes to your priest, assuming you have one. If you hold it yourself, tax is halved (it pays off to hold it nonetheless, however you lose a lot of levies from a tribe you could hold).
Upgrading such holdings early, specially of vassal holdings, does only really pay off if you plan to build up a capitol early in game to hold onto, and even then the money could likely be used more productive for a much quicker reward.

Well you can't hold temples, so that 2 gold is going to the priest or shaman who owns the temple. You get a % of his income as taxes which varies based on your laws. If you are holding the temple yourself there is a massive penalty due to wrong holding type but you still make a little from it.

Has it always been like that cause before when I upgraded my tempel town i thought i got all the +2 or have i just been very ignorant in that and just assumed lol

"I'm sure there was some temple tax in between all that loot... where did it go!"

You might wanna question your steward.

On a serious sidenote, poster before me is right, it always was that way, you can trust your steward.