Players should be able to customize god names, the title of the religious head, etc.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GalaXion24

Second Lieutenant
57 Badges
Sep 8, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
What the title says. Perhaps I'm content to have my christian faith ruled by an archbishop, rather than a pope, or perhaps there is a secular head and "pope" would just sound weird. Maybe I don't want the religious head title to override the secular one at all, and Emperor is just fine. Maybe my heresy is against the Marian cult, or doesn't believe in the Holy Spirit, perhaps I want my "evil god" to be the Demiurge, maybe my heresy is satanist and considers Lucifer its god, or perhaps my people worship Hermes The Thrice Great above all.

Naturally this opens up all sorts of ridiculous possibilities, but there's nothing wrong with that. Players have made tomboy churches from the start, if that's how someone wants to play the game, it's best if they can go all out with it. They will certainly be able to go all out with cultures and titles, it only makes sense to perfect the religious customization system from release as well.

It would also be cool if Holy Sites could be altered with some limitations. Not all Christain faiths have the same Holy Sites, Quarmatians didn't have Mecca as a Holy Site, etc. so it would make sense if custom heresies could also change their holy sites around somewhat. Maybe they should be able to choose a preset set of holy sites, such as those of Orthodox, Catholic, Nestorian Christianity, or with syncretism Holy Sites from the syncretic religious group as well. Since there's five holy sites, maybe 3 could always be from the preset, with two freely alterable, but no more than one in a kingdom, or some other similar limitaiton.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
When creating their own confessions, players should be able to choose at least some of the sacred places (where they will be), but it turns out that the Catholics have sacred places, say, in Cologne and Santiago, where Jesus was with his Apostles? Of course not! Orthodoxy in Russia is, in general, a separate confession "Russian Orthodox Church" in the likeness of Celtic Christianity, and it should have its own holy places Jerusalem, Constantinople, Kiev, Novgorod, Vladimir and etc.

When creating their own confessions, players should be able to choose at least some of the sacred places (where they will be), but it turns out that the Catholics have sacred places, say, in Cologne and Santiago, where Jesus was with his Apostles? Of course not! Orthodoxy in Russia is, in general, a separate confession "Russian Orthodox Church" in the likeness of Celtic Christianity, and it should have its own holy places Jerusalem, Constantinople, Kiev, Novgorod, Vladimir and etc.
Agreed, if someone wants to create their own Christian denomination, maybe they wouldn't be able to remove Jerusalem or Antioch as a holy site (since they are central to the Christian Faith) but they would be able to set one or two of their own counties. in order to not make this too easy, maybe it could be tied to things like the capital of the cultural head, the old capital of a very pious ruler or the birthplace of a local saint. In Islam, you could have Mecca and Medina be unchangeable and then, depending on the specific sect, choose between the counties of the cultural head or the capital and demesne of a ruler descended from the prophet (with the traits of Mirza and Sayyid).

• 1Like
Reactions: