• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

macgregor2150

Major
3 Badges
Aug 24, 2011
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
I remember having a boardgame where, to better describe what was transpiring in the game, the game offered basic information units/losses, as well as interpreting specifically how to describe some action taking place. Now, in Darkest Hour, the units are very detailed. However, losses and perhaps some of the actions occurring in the game could better be articulated by those of the community that feel they can describe some things in more detail.

Today I looked at the idea of casualties and what they more accurately represent. In as simple a way as I can describe it, from the records I've seen kept, generally 'casualties' translate to the following:

In ground combat:
If you're on the winning side of a battle, combat deaths/mias are roughly 10% of overall casualties(affected by supply/tech). Wounded and captured get roughly divided in half from what's left .
If you're on the losing side, your combat death percentage is roughly doubled to 20%. The rest being estimated similarly.
If you're on the losing side against a murderous indoctrinated force, your combat death percentage is tripled to 30%.

I'm trying to simplify so that people playing the game can get a quick idea. I'm open to any discussion about this or any other aspects of the game.

Last edited: