• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Player's Choice DLC: Waterbus/Trolley/Tram/Metro

• Beijing waterbus

Votes: 4 2,0%
  • New flyer E40LFR trolleybus

Votes: 2 1,0%
  • Škoda 26 T tram

Votes: 9 4,5%
  • Tatra KT4D tram

Votes: 38 19,1%
  • Siemens S70 tram

Votes: 10 5,0%
  • ATM Class 1500 tram

Votes: 4 2,0%
  • Bombardier Flexity Berlin tram

Votes: 11 5,5%
  • Bombardier Flexity Outlook C - "Cityrunner"

Votes: 15 7,5%
  • Bombardier Flexity Outlook E - "Eurotram"

Votes: 6 3,0%
  • VarioLF2 plus tram

Votes: 3 1,5%
  • Berlin Underground, BVG- Series HK

Votes: 17 8,5%
  • Siemens P2000 Los Angeles Metro

• Breda A650 Los Angeles Metro

Votes: 8 4,0%
  • R68 New York City Subway car

Votes: 11 5,5%
  • R36WF New York City Subway car

• London Underground 'S' stock

Votes: 43 21,6%
  • MF 01 Paris Metro

Votes: 12 6,0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm disapointed at the total lack of monorails.
The only vehicle type we actually have few of...

I'm disapointed at the total lack of monorails.
The only vehicle type we actually have few of...
I suspect the issue with monorails is that the transport type came as a standalone DLC in the first place. So if you don't have the Monorails DLC, you would only get the benefit of 4/5 (or whatever) vehicles from the Player's Choice DLC.

I don't get, on which base you choose the vehicles? Will only the 5 most wanted vehicles release in the DLC, or, one vehicle for every infrastructure? (One Tram, One Subway, One Trolley, One Waterbus, 2 Busses?)
And .. why is there only mentioned one Waterbus and One Trolley? Not that I need some of these, I need articulated busses and maybe some oldfashioned tram, the rest is superfluous. But I want to understand what you are thinking. I thought all mentioned vehicles get in the voting list?

The design of the S Stock is pretty similar to what we already have in the game. Please consider using BVG's H-series (maybe not HK, because HK is the narrow version), it's something distinct from CiM2's existing rolling stock.

I'm just happy that the KT4D makes such a good race. This could be the first tram in CiM2 with articulated cars and with trailers. Maybe Type HK/H U-Bahn will make it too:D

Fingers crossed that the Tatra makes it in! I also have to wonder about the London Underground and why that entered the list; but then again, it's a good contrast to the ultramodern machines already available.

You know what I find kind of funny? I'm pretty sure most of these Metros won't have a read cab car like you guys wanted. Meanwhile, the R68 (Originally all Single cars) and R36WF (Well technically R33 Singles, but it had the Worlds Fair style, not Mainline style) cars could all work as the front or back of a train. Therefore, the would be no need to create that rear cab car, you know, since these cars could act as both. There won't be that "storm door to nowhere" like on the current trains.

EDIT: After some research, my claim is confirmed.

Last edited:
As I said in the Bus Poll thread, PLEASE add at least one North American Metro or Tram to the DLC as us fans in North America are being dominated by this European dominated forum.

Hopefully the S70 wins, as there are no North American style LRVs at all in the tram category.

As I said in the Bus Poll thread, PLEASE add at least one North American Metro or Tram to the DLC as us fans in North America are being dominated by this European dominated forum.

Yes because the buildings don't look American whatsoever. /sarcasm

I also don't get why they want the boring London Subway .. it's nothing special in the row of subways.

Given the results, it seems most would disagree with you. I should also point out that most people from the London area would crucify you for calling the Underground a 'Subway'.

That was CO's choice to use American style buildings. I would've bought the game either way. Plus, CO made a complete European DLC, so seriously, stop complaining.

I'm not the one complaining in multiple threads about American vehicles. No one is forcing you to buy any DLC. I was merely pointing out that North America 'dominated' the buildings in the game, Europe 'dominates' the vehicles. In Australia it's a mixture of both. So having the ugly American buildings with the European vehicles is about spot on for here. :p

Personally I don't particularly care about the appearance of the vehicles in CiM, the stats and function are more important.

Therefore, we need an American subway train. Considering that those are the only trains to solve the no rear cab problem.

That's a fair point.

I'm not the one complaining in multiple threads about American vehicles. No one is forcing you to buy any DLC. I was merely pointing out that North America 'dominated' the buildings in the game, Europe 'dominates' the vehicles. In Australia it's a mixture of both. So having the ugly American buildings with the European vehicles is about spot on for here. :p

Yes, I'm complaining, get over it. If this was an American made game full American vehicles and you were expected to compete against even more American vehicles in players choice DLC, you wouldn't think that was a fair fight either.

I care more about the vehicles than buildings, and now because of COs design choice it is being held against us NA fans to have a ton of European vehicles.

Anyway, I've already said what I wanted to say so Ill leave it at that.

Personally I don't particularly care about the appearance of the vehicles in CiM, the stats and function are more important.

Then why are you in these threads?

Last edited:
I kinda want more monorails, why was that no option? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.