Player's Choice: Barbarossa Bundle!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDXKatten

Community Manager
Administrator
Paradox Staff
QA
Oct 14, 2022
Generals!

The people have spoken and the results are IN!

Your votes have been cast and counted, and the top picks of the community are;

• No Step Back
  • Axis Armor Pack
  • Sabaton Soundtrack

These three will now be put together into what will be called the Player's Choice Barbarossa Bundle!

Thanks so much for all your votes once again :)

Community Bundle.png

This choose-your-own bundle is the first of its kind for HOI, but we plan to do more in the future. So if your favourites weren’t chosen don’t worry - there’s still a chance to get them bundled next time!

Keep your eyes peeled for when this one goes live, it'll be coming soon™

• 15Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
We are not currently planning on releasing those for purchase, as they should be exclusive to those who pre ordred the respective DLC.
That’s a shame for anyone who arrived late to the party. Anyone buying HOI4 for the first time today will have lost the chance to preorder old DLC, and miss out on those tracks for good.

It’s a small thing, but for those who appreciate the game’s soundtrack, the option to purchase what others got for free with preorder seems fair enough to me.

Reactions:
That’s a shame for anyone who arrived late to the party. Anyone buying HOI4 for the first time today will have lost the chance to preorder old DLC, and miss out on those tracks for good.

It’s a small thing, but for those who appreciate the game’s soundtrack, the option to purchase what others got for free with preorder seems fair enough to me.
I preordered both NSB and BBA, and I wouldn't mind if the tracks were sold separately at a later date, perhaps a year after the DLC's release. Still means I got them a lot earlier (and cheaper, if we don't include sales).

• 2Like
Reactions:
I preordered both NSB and BBA, and I wouldn't mind if the tracks were sold separately at a later date, perhaps a year after the DLC's release. Still means I got them a lot earlier (and cheaper, if we don't include sales).
I have BBA's preorder song (and I absolutely adore it, it's probably my favorite musical piece in the game) but I'm nowhere near arrogant enough to think no one who didn't preorder for whatever reason (financial problemas, not knowing the game, being abroad during pre-release, etc.) should be forever barred from enjoying it as well.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I have BBA's preorder song (and I absolutely adore it, it's probably my favorite part of the game) but I'm nowhere near arrogant enough to think no one who didn't preorder for whatever reason (financial problemas, not knowing the game, being abroad during pre-release, etc.) should be forever barred from enjoying it as well.
As someone who did preorder it (and it was not the lightest financial investment), yes, I agree, people should be able to buy it if they so desire, perhaps after a year or tho so pre-ordering still makes sense.

• 1Like
Reactions:
We are not currently planning on releasing those for purchase, as they should be exclusive to those who pre ordred the respective DLC.
To be honest, that kind of thought is actually offputting and a barrier to entry.

I know I skipped on Imperator:Rome for a very long time just because "I can't ever catch up to those who picked up the preorder stuff". (Until the sale was simply so great that it didn't matter.)

Music packs are slightly less of an issue in that case of course, but tbh they should be added after a year as a "preorder completionist" deal for a couple of bucks, or they could be a "didn't buy on a sale" bonus (so you either pick up the game on a sale - or you get the "delayed preorder bonus" if you buy for full price once the game has started getting sales).

• 2Like
Reactions:
I am currently not a fan of your "exclusive" policy.

Paradox marketing should reconsider their current stance on the "exclusive to those who pre-ordered the respective DLC". Those who pre-ordered already got rewarded by getting the "exclusive" items for free.

Why would Paradox marketing maintain a policy that punishes loyal fans who want these "exclusive" items, but could not afford them or were unable to order them during the pre-order phase? Why punish those who were hospitalized or undergoing medical treatments during your exclusive offerings? Why punish those who live in poorer countries or are on fixed incomes? Why punish your new fans to the game? Why?...

Revising your current marketing policy would be a positive gesture to your customers and should result in more profit to the company's bottom line. :)

• 1Love
Reactions:
Sabaton is a bit of a Marmite DLC, so I'll be giving this a miss.