• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Technotopia

Captain
14 Badges
Feb 24, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Right now player can vote for other candidates, kids, nephews and make them inherit most of the titles.
However, player heir is not affected by election. After death of current character you continue as your player heir.
This does make little sense to me.
If player is allowed to vote for a character, this character should become player heir.

Right now player can vote for other candidates, kids, nephews and make them inherit most of the titles.
However, player heir is not affected by election. After death of current character you continue as your player heir.
This does make little sense to me.
If player is allowed to vote for a character, this character should become player heir.
If it’s for their top title, this should already be happening. If not, then I’m not sure it should. I suspect there would be more complaints about a system where e.g. a player’s realm has one elective duchy and the player always becomes its duke, losing their empire in the process. And if the player can vote for a cousin for that duchy and then that cousin inherits their non-elective empire, that doesn’t seem right either.