• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BoogieMan

Second Lieutenant
32 Badges
Sep 24, 2009
  • Magicka
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Dungeonland
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
Graven Ashe has the loyalty of his men, and shields them from harm and gives them strength regardless of the distance between them. They share each other's strengths and pain. Ashe himself seems to be a powerful warrior with fancy glowy armor and a huge staff/mace.

Voices of Nerat and consume minds and learn what they knew. Powerful mage, green fire surrounds him. Can summon minions from his mind.

Bleden Mark can seemingly teleport around where there is shadow. Teleports in combat, summons shadows, is immune to a lot of status effects. Powerful Rogue.

Tunon, while I've not seen him in combat I assume he's a powerful mage. Gifted with great wisdom and intellect. Surrounded by Shadows and floats through the air.

The other Archons all look badass and have supernatural abilities, but the player is more or less just a regular person, albeit very skilled and powerful in their own way. I was able to solo Bleden Mark as a Mage, probably could have defeated Nerat on my own as well. But then again, while it would take longer, any of my followers could probably do the same.

Seems like the Spires accept your choices, but are the actual power themselves. What is the player without them?

What is The Voices of Nerat without his mystique? What is Graven Ashe without his men's loyalty? What is Bleden Mark without his bogeyman reputation?

Archons began life as mundane humans. It's only through building reputation and having your power recognized that it begins to grow. Graven Ashe was merely a competent rebel leader who was good to his men, whose legend eventually inspired more and more confidence in his troops, and that evolved into the power to restore the wounds of his combatants. Even The Voices of Nerat was relatively mundane, until cultivation of his reputation transformed him into a green-flamed monster.

It's a theme touched upon in the game, how the power of belief can amplify magic and might. Edicts are theorized to operate in the same way, with the earliest being fairly small.

What is The Voices of Nerat without his mystique? What is Graven Ashe without his men's loyalty? What is Bleden Mark without his bogeyman reputation?

Archons began life as mundane humans. It's only through building reputation and having your power recognized that it begins to grow. Graven Ashe was merely a competent rebel leader who was good to his men, whose legend eventually inspired more and more confidence in his troops, and that evolved into the power to restore the wounds of his combatants. Even The Voices of Nerat was relatively mundane, until cultivation of his reputation transformed him into a green-flamed monster.

It's a theme touched upon in the game, how the power of belief can amplify magic and might. Edicts are theorized to operate in the same way, with the earliest being fairly small.
All leading to some very interesting changes for our fatebinder in subsequent titles. I fully expect to be a ten foot tall, fire belching, light shining from my fundement machine of sparkly destruction by the end of Tyranny 2!

We might not be as experienced or badass looking as the others but by the end of the game there really isn't much doubt that our power has exceeded all of the others pretty easy and we are put roughly on par with the Overlord which no one else has even come close to. Plus it isn't like we just show up a green wing rookie, we did some rather impressive stuff on our own during the conquest. We were already on the rise.

We might not be as experienced or badass looking as the others but by the end of the game there really isn't much doubt that our power has exceeded all of the others pretty easy and we are put roughly on par with the Overlord which no one else has even come close to. Plus it isn't like we just show up a green wing rookie, we did some rather impressive stuff on our own during the conquest. We were already on the rise.
True enough, but considering Kyros age and achievements and it's legend, I'd like to think Kyros is an exceptionally powerful magnificent bastard http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagnificentBastard
While our pc is pretty awesome. I'd like to think we have some way to go before we can claim to be a true contender for kyros mantle of overlord.

Most Archons' origins seem to be faded in myth and legend (which surely aids their reputation and might), but:
Graven Ashe was renowned and powerful before becoming Archon, probably on part with an end-game Fatebinder. Yet it still took years, maybe decades of reputation before his abilities became shaped into the artefact-like magic we see today.

Sirin's had her powers all her life, but spent most her life in a tiny village, in secluded studies, in private court, or as a minor recruitment tool. Despite exercising her powers for a decade and a half, she's been fairly low-key and hasn't demonstrated much more than being a saintly icon in the eyes of many. No great reputation, no incredible power in the eyes of the masses, nothing there to transform her into a giant, flaming phoenix raining song and death from the skies.

Fatebinder has the power, but he needs the time and reputation. give him a few decades, maybe a century or two, and I wouldn't be surprised if we were walking around with masks on our smokey necks with weapons and concentrated magical energies swirling around our bodies.

This, I was getting constant D&D Divinity system vibe from it. The more people believe in your power the more powerful you become. Apparently once you reach Archon tier of fame you even stop aging. I doubt we'll ever see Fatebinder (Archon of Spires?) in full Archon state though. Customization and all that.