Player Army's Vastly Superior Issue HELP

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've been granting a lot of Duchy and County titles to family members and friends and I notice they often don't stay at their domain limit. In many cases, I've had relatives drop down to a single county because they turned around and gave those titles to someone else.
Really? That's not my experience at all tho, from my observation the ai tend to stay at their domain limit, as long as it's not exceed they don't typically hand out title at all though they usually lose it in succession anyway cuz ai can't manage the partition system really well.

Maybe there are some trait that influence their behavior.

Would this make a big difference to the AI? In my Mother of Us All run, I've been granting a lot of Duchy and County titles to family members and friends and I notice they often don't stay at their domain limit. In many cases, I've had relatives drop down to a single county because they turned around and gave those titles to someone else. A one-county Duke with two vassals isn't as strong as a four-county Duke with no vassals, yet the AI seems to frequently prefer the former. (And yes, this happens even if the counties are in the same duchy.)

Seems like something else is busted on AI domain management, not strictly domain limits.
Agree on that. The AI also will do scummy stuff like giving a contested domain to another character forcing a white peace. tfw even AI is abusing exploits. T_T

The problem is three fold.

1) The player learns, the AI doesn't. At some point, no matter how good or bad the AI is, you will find ways to always beat it. This is not something that will ever change (except maybe far in the future when even games have learning AI).

2) Paradox AI SUCKS and always has....

3) Games used to be FAR more complex and difficult.. "Normal" Difficulty back in the day was todays "Very Easy" mode.. YOu had to know everything about the game, and use its mechanics competently to be able to beat a game, or not struggle on normal mode.. (God I miss those days).

-------------

This is why I still love CK2 far more than CK3 though. The game does and can screw you over in terms of abusive events back to back that just screw you over hard, and all your plants go out the window, forcing you to re evaluate the situation. Doesn't always happen, and yes you can still blob into a huge empire easily if you know the games mechanics, but those abusive back to back events, and string of bad luck in CK2 def keeps you on your toes, far more than CK3 ever will and keeps it interesting.

That's probably what CK3 is missing that you're looking for. INstead of the AI being the one to out do the player, let string of bad luck, and abusive events bring the player down to the AI level for a bit.

Reactions:
What exactly did you do? And how did it improve your experience? :)
Sorry for not answering earlier, never saw your message, just now.

I went into the innovations inside the common/culture folder and significantly nerfed the master_at_arms_cap and master_at_arms_limit for all its entries.

The result is the game became much less focused on employing the space marines to win everything, increased the strategic dilemas I had to make regarding MaA composition due to their scarcity (compared to vanilla) and due to their relative scarcity also increased the value of levies until the end game. It should be noted that I also modded levies to be a tad little better overall.

• 1Like
Reactions: