• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Acesandeights

Major
54 Badges
Dec 8, 2007
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
So I'm pretty excited at the idea of playing a game with British India and started one up just to get an idea of their political/diplomatic and slider situation. I'm liking the game so far, but was wondering if anyone had any good advice on what to do with them. It seems like they should be pretty challenging, hamstrung to a degree by their initial slider positions (not bad positioning, but not great for flexibility's sake) and a general inability to take a lot of early independent action to grow the prospects of the nation.

Anyway, I gave a few quick searches but think I missed any C.O.R.E. specific AARs and was just wondering what people have done with them in the past.

Any anecdotal stories, suggestions or advice appreciated. In the meantime I'll try my hand at a first run with them.

Also, are there m/any events specific to India in C.O.R.E. presently?

Events I truly do not know - I have to check to make sure. On the plus side, British India does have quite a decent set of model graphics, so that will help in getting a good 'feel' of it as a country.

Not very many events for India at all - certainly nothing especial that I recall. It is a British puppet, as well, so that may prove rather limiting on certain issues (can't trade with any except your puppet master, for example).

Tim

can't trade with any except your puppet master, for example.

Hmmm, I have not found this to be the case playing as India! In fact, the easiest thing I was able to accomplish as India, via manual trades (although somewhat limited by my lack of convoy ships), is a favorable trade balance with nations other than the UK. I assumed this was an intentional difference to allow some flexibility & choice on the part of the player.

Perhaps something AoD introduced or fixed... Wouldn't be the first time. :)