Planetfall performing super poorly on my Mac Mini

Planetfall performing super poorly on my Mac Mini

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

A1batr0ss

Private
6 Badges
Jun 22, 2020
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
Hi guys,

I just bought Planetall today and I'm encountering some difficulties.

I set all the video settings to low for my Mac Mini but the game still functions at a very low frame rate per second.

My specs are:

Mac Mini 2014
Processor: 3 GHZ Dual-Core Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris 1536 MB

If anyone can help me that'd be great, I've been looking forward to playing this game for a while! :)

HousePet

Field Marshal
10 Badges
Jun 16, 2018
Not really a hardware person and definitely not a Mac person, but an Intel Iris appears to be an integrated graphics card?

I'm guessing that you are very near the minimum spec for the game. I suspect the video ram is not sufficient. (I tested on a 1GB video card laptop when the game came out, so I'm really surprised that the minimum specs suggest it can run.)

I can't really suggest much, except that it might be able to handle things better if it was running off an SSD.

A1batr0ss

Private
6 Badges
Jun 22, 2020
  • Age of Wonders III
Not really a hardware person and definitely not a Mac person, but an Intel Iris appears to be an integrated graphics card?

I'm guessing that you are very near the minimum spec for the game. I suspect the video ram is not sufficient. (I tested on a 1GB video card laptop when the game came out, so I'm really surprised that the minimum specs suggest it can run.)

I can't really suggest much, except that it might be able to handle things better if it was running off an SSD.
You might be right.

The mini map is super messed up regardless of the settings.

I might just have to ask for a refund. :(

A1batr0ss

Private
6 Badges
Jun 22, 2020
  • Age of Wonders III
Don’t worry about my issue anymore.

My brother is letting me use his old PC which should be able to run this game smoothly given better specs.

The issue is most likely lack of old hardware support but hopefully it will run just fine on the other PC.

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.