• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BluBot MAP

Sergeant
14 Badges
Jun 11, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
Industrial development of planet will cause destruction of ecosystems of planets. There should be scale of pollution and 5 grades of it. If polution reach 100% planet will become toxic world. Pollution causes jobs from energy, mining districts and factories and pops. Traits "Wasteful" and "Conservationist" should influence on pollution by pops.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
Industrial development of planet will cause destruction of ecosystems of planets. There should be scale of pollution and 5 grades of it. If polution reach 100% planet will become toxic world. Pollution causes jobs from energy, mining districts and factories and pops. Traits "Wasteful" and "Conservationist" should influence on pollution by pops.
so you mean just basically turn Stellaris into Civilization?

no

I'm pretty sure that taking into account the pollution could be done through random planetary events, malus to habitability, mini-terraforming planetary decisions (to counter the effects of having a "bad" combination of ethics, civics, policies, planetary infrastructure level (buildings), planetary surface usage (districts). With energy, much can be alleviated. And we have plenty of energy in Stellaris.
I don't know for Civilization, but Geidi Prime definitively fits Stellaris.

Reactions:
Indeed. On one hand we have the Wenkwort planet: we are told to not spoil the surface with mining and energy districts (and other restrictions I don't know), but we can build factories and most buildings. On the other hand, we have garden oecumenopolis. I would infer that some districts are more "polluting" than buildings.

Reactions:
With the tech we have in game...I don't see polution being much of a problem if our society cares about it.

"If our society cares about it", indeed. In Stellaris, with many kinds of different alien civilizations, a "locust society" would nicely fit in.. one that takes a planet, exploits in carelessly into exhaust and then moves on to next planet.

Reactions: