• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Space Exploration Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off

How's the space on your hard drive? Paradox wants to challenge your galaxy brain with a great selection of space exploration games - and they're all on sale for some very down-to-earth prices! The sale runs from May 4th until May 10th at 17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT.

May 4th - May 10th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Kemosabe73

Corporal
Jun 26, 2020
If I build armies and then land them on one of my own planets, will they defend it, or are they strictly offensive:?

Thanks!

Andy197905

Corporal
Jan 4, 2021
Yeah when you land offensive arises on a planet they will help defend it but they get a penalty while doing it.

Andy197905

Corporal
Jan 4, 2021
I mean armies damm auto correct. Also defensive lasers on planets sounds like a cool idea

Lyk2

Private
Feb 25, 2020
They should help defending against invasions.

But I want some planetary defenses like missile battery or planetary lasers. ;)

Speaking of....did i miss something or did they remove the ability to place the Defense Platforms freely in the Systems? Because i can't find it anymore and i do like to place them around the System instead of having them all central.

But yes, some more Planet Defense would be nice, i mean we got the Planetary Shield, why not Planetary Defense Platforms? (like MACs from Halo being in Orbit)

Andy197905

Corporal
Jan 4, 2021
Yeah defense platforms now are only built in starbase screen and sit around it no building them at jump points anymore. Not since the 2.0

Lyk2

Private
Feb 25, 2020
Yeah defense platforms now are only built in starbase screen and sit around it no building them at jump points anymore. Not since the 2.0

I certainly miss it, i feel like defending a System was more...easy? if you could basically shoot the enemy fleet down or weaken them as soon as they jumped in.

Andy197905

Corporal
Jan 4, 2021
Yeah I miss doing the economy raids when jump small fleet behind the lines and blown up all there mining stations and science outposts. Like the marauders do now