• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It had taken months to redploy 140+ divisions and to organise everything. One last enemy remained that could one day challenge the Reich. The invasion plans were delayed again and again until one fine summers day 1943

ScreenSave23-3.jpg

Combat immediately broke out between several fleets at sea. During the peace time Germany had surrounded every sea zone blockading Japan. A mixture of type VII and IX submarines started sending several minor Japanese fleets to the bottom. One original production line remained from 1936 that was still producing a few type VII subs mostly to replace the rare casualty. The production line was currently producing its 28th submarine flotilla.

Admiral Donitz in command of 12 flotillas of type IX subs encountered a lare Japanese fleet. Thankfully for him Vice Admiral Burchardi with a battlecruiser SAG was there and immediately engaged the Japnese fleet. Raking the Japanese ships he claimed a light cruiser before the Japanese managed to slink off. Immediate pursuit was ordered.

ScreenSave25-4.jpg

ScreenSave27-4.jpg

The destruction of Japans convoys started. Totally surrounded the U-boats hadn't had it this good since the glory days of 1939 or so when the British still had ships to sink.
ScreenSave29-3.jpg

German marines managed to seize a beachhead in Qingdao. Under immediate counterattack they were recued by the arrival of a large transport fleet containing the pride of the Heer. All of Germany's panzers, mech/mot infantry were now in northern China. Manstein, Rommel, Guderian, Model etc broke out. The mixed corp were to drive through the plains of northern china, while the pure armored divisions were to thrust into Manchukuo. A few infantry were also along for the ride, mostly to cover the flanks.

ScreenSave29-3.jpg

ScreenSave31-2.jpg

Meanwhile at sea numerous smaller battles are waged throughout the pacific. The largest Japanese fleet encountered so far engages and defeats some of the Kriegsmarines submarines. Rather than give the order to retreat they are ordered to stand and fight. The heroic sacrifice is to gain time for Vice Admiral Saalwachter to arrive on the scene. From his flagship the Scharnhorst he only manages to sink a measly destroyer. Still the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau have come along way since 1937. The ugly sisters and their large brood have extracted a awful price from the navy's of the world.

ScreenSave34-2.jpg

ScreenSave36.jpg

ScreenSave37-2.jpg

Last edited:
Japanese naval bombers manage to sink one of Grand Admiral Raeders battlecruisers. A advance to the east is ordered.
ScreenSave39.jpg

After 16 days of warfare Japan is reeling. On land little impededs the advance as the few Japanese divisions are swept aside. Rommel has reached the border with Manchukuo
while mountaineers and infantry advance from Hong Kong
ScreenSave40-2.jpg

Naval assaults are ordered on nearby Taiwan and Okinawa. Lightly defend by garrison troops they offer little resistence to the crack marines.
ScreenSave41-2.jpg

The destruction of the IJN continues. After the USN campaign it feels like an anti climax for the Kriegsmarine. marschall claims a pair of CVs form an unknown fleet while Saalwachter claims another victory but sinks very little.
ScreenSave42-2.jpg

ScreenSave43.jpg

ScreenSave44-1.jpg

Last edited:
I may have been a bit selective but I think that naval strike was the only BC they magaed to ink and I have 30-40 of them with another 12 due soon. They managed to slow me down in CHina but this AAR is almost done. Not alot left to do and finishing of the USSR wouldn't be to hard.

Long story short. Japan was essentially a mop up operation. There were numerous smaller naval battles but nothing particuly epic. 1 battlecruiser was lost with several requiring repairs. The terrain in China was the biggest challenge and I had around 20 mountaineers+bombers. Menchukuo and the coast fall to the Wehrmacht. Rommel is somewhere in Manchukup by now.

ScreenSave50-2.jpg

ScreenSave57-3.jpg

ScreenSave61-7.jpg

Mengchuko, Siam and Japan fall in reasonably rapid succession. Siam holds out for a long time due to terrain.

ScreenSave79-2.jpg

ScreenSave82-2.jpg

ScreenSave84-2.jpg

Australia was the most annoying campaign. A mobile amphibous assault team was formed. However each time the marines sailed away brave Aussie defenders quicky reoccupied vital points. 30 odd divisions were eventually used to crushe them.
ScreenSave85-1.jpg

The mighty nations of Belgium and New Zealand continue to resist. Churchill remains defiant from the British empires African possessions while Stalin enjoys his holiday in Siberia hoping the world has forgotten about him.

Great work almost done!

Don't understand, why you attacked China before Japan? Islands easy to conquer, imho

Thought I would give Japan a chance. The result was never really in doubt. Probably finish off the rest of the Allies and call it a day. Dn't really see the point of a WC although the Soviet remnant would be target number 1 but they would get invaded from both east and west.

Iwo Jima you're better at crunching numbers than I am. I used to use a tradional 18 ship SAG (6 BB, 2 CVL, 10 DD) but since your BC idea I'm managing to slaughter the AI fleets quite easily. IN my Italian game I had a 6BB,6DD fleet encounter a larger USN BB fleet and mauled it but that may have been die to the BB bine lvl V instead of II and III.

Last edited:
Replied to your other thread. You can only really get a single CAG in the water by 1939 or so. Compared with 3 BC SAG I'm not convinced its better, but it is certainly interesting. MAke the game a bit harder. Amphibious assault France Sep 1 39, while fighting in Poland and trying to grab the low countries before the Vichy event fires and having a large enough army to fight 3 campaign all at once and build a navy. I think I could do it and I has a plan. Das Uber Kriegsmarine pt IV. Throw in the USSR and the USA by 1941 and how about we have a deal? Wonder if you could do Barbarosa and invade the USA at the same time.....

I really like your open, practical and strategic mind! While I invent some feature, you suggest the whole strategy. Wow! )

Its not that hard. I know very well how to maximise Germany's IC and I think Cavalry, Carriers and militia would be Germany's secret weapons in this game. Along with Panzer II's as your army would be a bit obsolete. I've been playing around to see what exactly Germany can get in the water and the heavy cruiser is also interesting. I think I could get Vichy to fire using around 3 tanks and 6 cavalry.

Replied to your other thread. You can only really get a single CAG in the water by 1939 or so. Compared with 3 BC SAG I'm not convinced its better, but it is certainly interesting. MAke the game a bit harder. Amphibious assault France Sep 1 39, while fighting in Poland and trying to grab the low countries before the Vichy event fires and having a large enough army to fight 3 campaign all at once and build a navy. I think I could do it and I has a plan. Das Uber Kriegsmarine pt IV. Throw in the USSR and the USA by 1941 and how about we have a deal? Wonder if you could do Barbarosa and invade the USA at the same time.....

i accept your challenge.

france and poland in 39
sealion in 40
russian army and american army defeated in 41 (actual surrender may be a bit later tho obviously)

I always loved building up a modern, powerful surface navy as Germany. I once destroyed almost all of the UK's fleet and inflicted devastating casualties on the US' atlantic fleet.

After further experimentation you can dork on Germany's enemies using almost anything as long as you focus on it. Cariers, CA, SS, or even DD doesn't seem to matter. Churning out X90 DD and sailing them around in a fleet seems to work fine.