• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh I see.
I wish I was able to play like that ! :D

I hardly use puppets or allied troops. The Hungarians helped mop up in the marshes while the Bulgarians guarded my flanks. I'll probably ship around 80 divisions over to the US once its time.

I did manage to trigger the BP but then the game crashed. That was a wste of 2 hours.This Barbarossa has been a fisaco.

I did manage to trigger the BP but then the game crashed. That was a wste of 2 hours.This Barbarossa has been a fisaco.

Damn Stalin, resorting to such trickery because he can't beat you in open combat. Good to hear at least that Barabarossa's going well when the game isn't screwing around with you.

More than a few screwups were my tactical mistakes. I tried something different, and it didn't work out.

Leningrad falls to a naval assault. The Soviets however seem to be massing large amounts of infantry in this area.

ScreenSave15-3.jpg

The Uber Kessel finally happens. 3rd times the charm- the Soviets managed to break the ring twice. The original pocet included Zhoblin and Vyshgorod, but the Soviets reacted quicker than anticipated. Smaler pockets have also been encircled to the north and south.
ScreenSave16-3.jpg

In a campaign that has had a few disappointments so far, German spearheads get cut off in the Ukraine, with no German units conveniently nearby to rescue them. The cut off units in Rostov include most of the armor and 80% or so of Germany's elite alpinejaeger troops, destination caucasus. Relief troops eventually break through but units required for Moscow end up being sent to Stalingrad and fast armor units destined for Sverdlosk end up near Moscow, or fighting reaguard actions. Devastated infrastructure and a overloaded TC slow the advance to a crawl.

ScreenSave17-3.jpg

Another Soviet counterattack breaks through into the uber kessek once again. More units are diverted to seal it back up and guard the borders.

ScreenSave18-2.jpg

After a month it is time to slowly reduced the main Soviet pocket. Soviet counterattacks however mean divisions tasked with advancing are now used to seal the Soviet up. A large amount of Soviet armor and mot infantry under Chuikov remain trapped. Unusually the Hungarians also make themselves useful in thois sector of the front.
ScreenSave19-2.jpg

The first battle of Moscow. A few fast units reachthe outskirts of Moscow and lauch an assault. The attack is called off a few hours later after fierce Soviet reistence.
ScreenSave20-2.jpg

The Wehrmacht finally break through and the Soviet front starts to collapse. Numerous pockets are formed and Stalingrad is almost in sight for the advance scouts.
ScreenSave21-3.jpg

Last edited:
Sucks that 80% of your mountain troops are stuck in the Ukraine pocket. Can't you use the nearby Bulgarian troops to attack the Krivorog?

Also, in the opening sentence, you forgot the 'o' in Soviets.

I dug them out eventually. The Bulgarian troops aren't very good so I only tend to use them when I have overwhelming firepower or as blockers on riverlines.

In unreleated news, Peru and Ecudor have it it. German intelligence indicates-come to think of it who cares?

ScreenSave22-3.jpg

Moscow finally falls as advancing infantry catch up with the panzer spearheads. Sorry Stalin.

ScreenSave24-3.jpg

The last pockets of any signifigant size are eliminated. Guesstimates are that over 100 Soviet divivisons are eliminated between the uber kessel and ukrainian kessel.
ScreenSave25-2.jpg

ScreenSave26-1.jpg

Sverdlosk is finally reached. Soviet advances almost cut off the Panzers that have traveled so far. Counter attcks throw them back and keep the supply lines open.
ScreenSave28-2.jpg

Baku is finally reached. It is anticipated that Stalin will sue for peace any day now. Persia has joined the Allies and advanced into Iraq. Reinforcements are rushed to Basra as Alpinejaeger advance into northern Persia via Baku.
ScreenSave29-2.jpg

Last edited:
There were a few defeats in there and more than one pocket where the Soviets cut me off. It wasn't the hardest barbarossa in the world, but its not over yet. Took 2 months for the BP to fire. Can't remember the last time it was a 6 months campaign.

Good job though.
Soon you'll be able to take care of the 'little' American problem. :cool:

Persia throws in the towel. The Soviet union is still holding out however. Divisions can now strategically redeploy from Gibraltar al the way to the Burma. China border.

ScreenSave31.jpg

Almost 6 months to the day, Stalin makes it formal. The bitter peace is ,erm well, um bitter for the USSR. It took several months for the event to fire???

ScreenSave32-1.jpg

January the 16th. The production lines started way back on january 1st 1936 complete the 5th battlecruiser- except for the couple delayed by British agents. The next lot is due on Nov 11 the same year. Germany can now crank out a new capital ship in less than a year- 10 months or so.
ScreenSave37-1.jpg

The Empire of the Rising Sun, DoW's the USA. I hope they don't want the dutch colonies, Hong Kong, Singapore, Burma, or India.
Bob38.jpg

An excess amount of light cruisers have been rolling of the production lines. IN reward for their good service to the Reich, the Deutschland, Admiral Scheer, and Graf Spee are joined by the Prinze Eugen, Blucher and Admiral Hipper. Donitz took pity on them and decided another smaller cruiser fleet would be useful.
ScreenSave41-1.jpg

153 divisions enjoy a holiday, courtesy of the Fuhrer in the Bahamas.
ScreenSave42-1.jpg

Our dear Americans friends will soon have 'some' guests for dinner it seems. :D

Somewhere in Berlin.

The Fuhrer was in an ecstatic mood. The French, British and Soviets had all been humbled. Although technically the British were still at war with the Reich, Hitler had already rejected their offer of surrender. A cabinet meeting had been called.
Bob111.jpg

Third Reich was about to launch Operation Fatherland- the invasion of the continental USA. The assorted nazi ministers filed into the meeting room, while in the istance workers were constructing new monuments to Hitler. from foundations of Berlin would arise Germania the new capital. Assuming Operation downfall was a success.

The first minister to take the floor was the armaments minister Schacht. Privately Hitler had wanted to fire him years ago but he was talked out of it by Raeder and later Donitz.
"Thanx you for allowing me the floor" Schacht began. "For the first time in in the Reichs history we are about to engage in a military campaign with the entire Wehrmacht equipped with modern equipment". "No further upgrades are neccessary".
"Due to our recent territoal aquisitions and the co-operation of citizens of the Reich we have tripled our industrial base in just over 5 years". " We also have abundent supplies of all resources required". "In recent months I have scaled back our production of transports and older model submarines. We are currently producing 13 battlecruisers and 10 light cruisers". 6 of the battlecruisers and light cruisers are of the latest model and 10 more battlecruisers will be ready by the end of the year including the latest models". "5 more rocket sites will also be ready by Junne which will give us 10 in total. Penemunde will be ready soon".

Hess was chairing the meeting. "Himmler?" he enquired. The Reichsfuhrer seemed to be absent. Clearing his throat Donitz diplomatically offered an apology "Sorry Hess, Himmler is rather busy right now". "He is in charge of task force Himmler guarding Diego Garcia island against particuly aggressive South Africans or Australians". "Acording to his notes the particuly unruly parts of the Reich such as the Balkens, Spain and England are well garrisoned by military police".

Moving along, Hess decded to keep the meeting on track. "Herr Blomberg if you woud brief the Fuhrer".

Blomberg was another minister Hitler could do without but he had a habit of making himself useful. "As you all know we have massed most of the Wehrmacht in the Bermuda for Operation Downfall" The rest of the Reich is held down by the military Police while around 20 mobile divisions are in Germany and France. Most of the divisions are defensive in nature being individual corps of three divisions". Each corp has a regular inf division and 2 volksturm militia. 4 similar corp equipped with artillery are repulsing the allied drive into southern Egypt, as our Italian allies have recaptured Ethiopia".
ScreenSave38-2.jpg

28 divisions lie scattered from Iraq to Hong Kong. We have recently located a missing division of mountain troops who have been going native in India since around 1940. They were hiding near Nepal and were overlooked earlier on". The last few divisions are scattered around various islands such as Diego Garcia, England and Norway". "We see no viable threats on the horizon and if the USSR is so foolish as to break their peace treaty we can borrow some men off the Bulgarians, Hungarians, Slovakians and the home army and meet them near the Volga with around 100 Axis divisions in total- enough for a defensive campaign for a few years".

With the army report all down, it was Gorings turn. He still hadn't gotten over the Kriegsmarine getting the lions share of the Reichs resources.
"The Luftwaffe right now reporst an operational strength of 44 operational units in 11 wings. They are as follows.
1 Winf of interceptors
5 wings of tactical bombers
5 wings of naval bombers.

All planes are in Andros or Bermuda except for the interceptors and a single tactical wing of bombers located in East Prussia". New airfields have also been constructed in Andros and Bermuda. I would request that we build more fighters, interceptors, CAS and"......

Interupting him Hess was quite impatient. "Yes yes Herman we've heard it all before". It was time for the man of the hour to speak. Donitz stood up.

"Thank you gentlemen- I'm aware that the Kriegsmarine has handled themselves well so far". " So far we have only lost a single capital ship, and some light cruisers and submarines for the most part". Due to Herr Schacht's efforts we seem to have an excess of ships". Saalwachter leads the fleet from the flagship the Scharnhorst although technically Grand Admiral Raeder is the highest ranked officer present". The current strength of the navy is as follows.

5 main battle fleets each consisting of X6 battle cruisers and X6 lt cruisers. All ships have fire control and the battlecruisers have radar and extra armor installed. Saalwachter's fleet has the next generation of lt cruisers as well each with armor and fire control.

We also have 1 skirmish fleet of 6 heavy cruisers and 6 lt cruisers. They are to avoid the main American fleets, but it is hoped they can be used to sink some of the small fleets or secure the flanks of the main fleets. 114 submarine flotillas are also available. Around 60 of them are located in Bermuda with the rest based out of Hong Kong and Singapore and they have been raiding the coasts of Australia, New Zealand and the islannds around the pacific". For Operation Downfall they will be ordered ionto the pacific to sink American comvoys and lure away elements of the American fleet". Two smaller fleets of 11 left over lt cruisers and battlecruiser are also available probably to be used to replace any casualties inflicted by the Americans".

"Spies inform me that th British have been reduced to a few scattered fleets mostly of very old submarines inherited form various nations". "A few great war era cruisers also survive but they seem to be confined to ports in the southern hemisphere". "Few convoys seem to be getting intercepted". "For all intents and purposes the Royal Navy in effect no longer exists".

Sorry if I u[dated to fast bt I was tryimg to catch up which I have. Tomorrow Battlecruisers vs Carriers hopefully.

Last edited:
Hitler truly is a benevolent leader, allowing so many of his troops a holiday in the Bahamas in a move which I'm sure has absolutely no ulterior motives.

Of course it makes sense, Virginia would be a better destination though.
I heard that the weather's pretty nice there. :D

Germany declears war on and invades the continental United States. Operation Fatherland has begun.

ScreenSave48.jpg

Initial results vs the USN are promising. Bohm claims a few victims.
ScreenSave54.jpg

The second battlecruiser to be sunk. The KMS Bayreuth was being bombed and took heavy damage. Breaking away from the fleet she tried fleeing to safety to no avail. Nevermind we brought a spare battlecruiser.
ScreenSave56-2.jpg

A sample of several successful interceptions in the Pacific. Around 40 sub flotillas based out of Hong Kong and Singapore commence operations agains the Kriegsmarine.
ScreenSave57-3.jpg

Bohm bravely engages a 30 ship fleet. This fleet was responsable for sinking a transport conoy with X4 marines on board. Lt General Ringel survives but loses his command. They will be avenged. Not the best results and it is suspected the enemy fleet sought refuge in Miami.
ScreenSave60-2.jpg

ScreenSave61-2.jpg

Next up- how to destroy your fleet in several easy to do steps.

Last edited:
Empty transports returning to Bermuda encounter a large american carrier fleet. The Kriegsmarine uses wolfpacks of battlecruisers. Vice Admiral Marschall is the first to arrive. He bravely engages the larger American fleet which is equipped with numerous modern carriers. Encountering them originally at around 2am he ights for several hours before withdrawing due to being caught in the open during daylight hours.
ScreenSave64-1.jpg

Bob65.jpg

Grand Admiral Raeder is the next to arrive. Still fresh while the American fleet is suffering from fatigue, he engages them in the dark. After 10 hours he slips away claiming a pair of carriers but losing the Von der Tann. in the mid atlantic Marschall and Raeder transfer ships between the fleets as Raeder retreats to Spain, and Marschall returns to the fray in a newish fleet.
ScreenSave66-2.jpg

Bob67.jpg

Bohm arrives, and the American fleet seems to be making for Washington DC or New York. Once again engging the Americans in the dark, it turns out that numerous USN ships are suffering battle damage. A few hours later a surprising result- the USN suffers a defeat.

ScreenSave68-2.jpg

ScreenSave69.jpg

Last edited: