• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(12544)

General
Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
I am complaining about a very old bug, already reported, but NOT fixed.

Problem:
Repaired ships (via force pool) do not have as the ONLY location to place them, the harbour, where the repair started.

Example (repair starts in -> repaired ship can be placed in):
Genoa -> Roma
Taranto -> Roma
Rostock -> Wilhelmshafen, Hamburg, Kiel, Lübeck, Rostock

Analysis:
Ship placement only works as promised for ports/provinces with no connection to the capital. There are two groups for provinces with connection to the capital.
1)Capital with a harbour adjacent to the sea. Here all repaired ships can only be placed in the capital province. Examples: SWE, ITA
2)Capital not adjacent to the sea. Here all repaired ships can be placed in any sea province with a harbour, that has a land connection with the capital. Examples: GER, SOV

How it should be:
Genoa -> Genoa
Taranto -> Taranto
Rostock -> Rostock

When will that be fixed?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This "bug" is around since 1.0 I believe and I think the problem is that a repaired ship or an upgraded ship counts as new unit.

You could help yourself by simply deploying in Rostock when you repaired there.

Of course it´s unrealistic to be able to do anything else (or even forced to to, like Italy/Sweden) but I have great hopes for HOI 2 in this case.

Also you shouldn´t be able to deploy ships repaired in Hamburg after Hamburg ist captured. Right now you can easily save them.

It works fine for provinces not connected to the capital. Example, GER owns Norway, repair starts in Kristiansand, then the repaired ship can only be placed there, NOT in all ports of Norway - exactly, as it should be.

And for those provinces connected, the problem can be solved, when they keep their location number and do not change it to the capital. Example a single ship has a location (province 550), then the repair starts, the ship moves to the force pool and now has as location province 602 (Berlin - capital). Why should such a ship not be able to keep its location? Ships in a group should first be treated like a single ship and take over the location of the group.

I don't see, why this should be unfixable?

Last edited:
Can't say why, just that it hasn't been, and it has been known for a long time.

Our house MP explanation for this effect is that ships that entered repair at one port were sometimes towed to another for repair. Example: enter repair at Pearl Harbor, but then subsequently towed to San Diego for repairs.

I cannot personally vouch for that example, but a member of our MP group assures us that this did in fact ocurr. I have not researched this to verify, and as such have no specific examples. Be that as it may, iit is at least palusible and gives us an 'explanation' of the effect for whatever value that is to you.