• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Voice

Recruit
8 Badges
Apr 26, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
I’m about to start a multi-player run of the campaign with a friend via Steam’s screen sharing, and I had a thought.

Is it possible to grant an additional pilot the plot-immunity of the main character, so we can each ‘own’ a character that can’t die?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Unfotunatly can't answer your mod request but just wanted to thank you for coming up with the steam play together idea! :)

Never had the idea that this kind of play together is possible. Definitly gonna give it a try to play the hyades rim campagne together with a friend.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Unfotunatly can't answer your mod request but just wanted to thank you for coming up with the steam play together idea! :)

Never had the idea that this kind of play together is possible. Definitly gonna give it a try to play the hyades rim campagne together with a friend.
Sadly, I can’t say it worked out for me so far. After resolving a bunch of technical issues, we got bogged down and blocked by his side showing nothing but a screen saying the host (my computer) was busy.

The only thread I could find on that topic in their forums consists of someone asking about it, the posting a few hours later, saying to ignore it, it was a misunderstanding. But without explaining what the misunderstanding was.

There are lines in the json files (probably CombatGameConstants, but I haven't checked recently) for the chance of pilot death from torso or head destruction. If you switch those to zeroes then all pilots will survive. I don't know of a way to do it selectively. Would have to change the pilot files. Most of the files are pretty easy to read with a text editor, so you might poke around a bit.

Hope you can figure out the multiplayer issue. I'm not familiar with that bug so I can't help there.