Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation®4

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TinyWiking

Team Lead - Customer Support
Administrator
Paradox Staff
90 Badges
Jul 1, 2015
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • Haemimont Games Staff
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • IPO Investor
  • Eugen Systems Staff
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
PoE_CompleteEdition_Logo_clean.png
STOCKHOLM — Aug. 29, 2017
Paradox Interactive today announced that Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition, the game that brings Obsidian Entertainment’s award-winning role-playing game (RPG) to the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 consoles, is available today for RPG fans worldwide. The Complete Edition, adapted for consoles by Paradox Arctic and distributed at physical retail by 505 Games, features an enhanced UI and redesigned controls to provide a superb experience on the big screen, navigated easily and intuitively using game controllers. RPG veterans and newcomers alike can experience the unforgettable saga for themselves by purchasing a digital copy from the PlayStation Store and Xbox Live, or picking up a physical copy from the game store of their choice for $49.99.

To purchase Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition for the Xbox One, visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/pillars-of-eternity-xb1/pillars-of-eternity-xb1.html

To purchase Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition for the PlayStation®4, visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/pillars-of-eternity-ps4/pillars-of-eternity-ps4.html

Prepare to experience Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition in a new trailer here:

Pillars of Eternity, originally the result of a crowdfunding campaign by over 77,000 backers, first released for PC platforms to broad critical acclaim, winning several awards for its rich story and deep, original world. Now, the original game, alongside the expansions The White March – Parts I & II, has been adapted for consoles as Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition,available today on consoles for the first time.

Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition features:

• Award-winning writing, story and artwork of Pillars of Eternity, along with the expanded world and content of The White March: Parts I & II
  • Countless character creation options, from races and classes to character backgrounds which drive your personal story
  • An epic universe to explore, filled with intriguing party members and companions, a variety of in-game factions, and a lovingly rendered world to traverse
  • New UI and controls designed from the ground up, presenting the Pillars of Eternity experience like never before
For more information, visit www.paradoxplaza.com.

I've put 139 hours into this game and still haven't finished the 2nd part of the expansion. It's a hell of a ride.
Especially that big green dude you see at the end of the video.

I'm wondering how people would play this with a controller though.

I usually had my hands full on normal difficulty, micromanaging 6 party members through every encounter, because you can't trust A.I.
Having my tanks hold off the enemy in choke points.
Maneuvering a rogue to back stab foes.
Timing arquebus shots from 3-6 guys on clerics and mages.
Dropping spells on enemies and allies alike.
And much more while pausing and unpausing every few seconds.

How do you do that with just a controller?

I recently had the "pleasure" of trying out Obsidian's controller and Steam workshop update for the PC version of Knights of the Old Republic 2 (kudos to them for doing this after 10 years), where you just have 3 characters and 3rd person view and I wasn't really impressed. It feels limiting not to have the amount of control that keyboard and mouse bring.

These pausable real-time strategy RPG's are PC games through and through in my opinion.

But I guess I'm just bad and there is someone crazy enough out there to play this game solo on path of the damned difficulty with just a controller and a smile.

Very good :). I generally play my RPGs on console, am looking forward to giving this a run, thanks to PDX and the devs for bring it over :).

Excited! I'll wait until seeing the gameplay before considering the console version, but I appreciate that one of the best RPGs of the decade is reaching a wider audience. This is a great team-up between Obsidian and Paradox and really shows how their partnership benefits the consumers.

Just bought it today! So far im really loving it on consoles. The radial menus do a excellent job for the big switch from mouse/key to controller. Haven't had any issues yet.

Im really hoping this sells well on consoles, maybe the Dev's will consider porting Tyranny as well ;)

I would love to play Tyranny from the couch!

Could you make the background from text boxes lighter or the text more darker, please? On the TV screen it is to difficult to read the text on big screen.
You could try to adjust the gamma slider in the game, or adjust your TV settings. This is always a problem with consumer TVs, everyone has different gamma settings so it's really difficult for us to make it perfect for everyone.

You could try to adjust the gamma slider in the game, or adjust your TV settings. This is always a problem with consumer TVs, everyone has different gamma settings so it's really difficult for us to make it perfect for everyone.
I will try it, thanks.

One more point. Eder has a strange comment about the face expression from my death godlike, when he is talking with the female dwarf on the tree from Goldthal. I thought only other godlikes can see the face of the death godlike, but Eder is speaking about the open mouth and not blinking about my godlike.

And I do not understand why the people of PoE are afraid of the death godlike. In the greek mythology the people had compassion for lost souls and the people how was slaved by death.

HI! You could tell me if you can play pillars of eternity with subtitles in spanish buying it from store usa PS4? Tanks!
The game is localized for Spanish. So the text will be displayed in Spanish if the system language is set to that. I do not see a reason why it should not work.