• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice twisting of the historical speech.

The speech was something I decided to add after Tom's comment about whether or not the British people even want the King and Churchill back. I hope this has answered that question a bit.
It did ;). The most interesting thing about an alternative universe for me is thinking about how people would realistically have looked at events, how they would have lived their lives, how major events would turn out to be and in general how the world would have looked like if this or that had happened differently. What-if scenarios are a popular theme for a reason after all.

Nice twisting of the historical speech.
Thank you, I thought it would add some historical flavour.
It did ;). The most interesting thing about an alternative universe for me is thinking about how people would realistically have looked at events, how they would have lived their lives, how major events would turn out to be and in general how the world would have looked like if this or that had happened differently. What-if scenarios are a popular theme for a reason after all.
Yes indeed, even some of our professors have involved themselves with the genre.

Episode XII: T-Day
Episode XII: T-Day
1st of February – 31st of July 1941
Fear was now raging throughout the Congress of Trade Unions. The ruling party, the Maximists under the leadership of Oswald Mosley, was blamed for the unrest in the streets of London. After heavy arguing, the TUC came to the conclusion that decisive defensive measures had to be taken. With their Communard allies defeated on the other side of the English Channel, the Entente armies were now on the doorstep of Southern England. Under pressure of the Autonomists, Scottish and Welsh reservists were redirected to help with the defence of the south. This was exactly what the Entente was hoping for, but for now they had to keep up the fantasy that their focus was on Southern England. By the beginning of February, huge amounts of Canadian, French and American ships could be spotted from Dover, Hastings, Portsmouth and Plymouth, strengthening the fear of the British for an invasion in Southern England. This only increased the presence of British troops in these ports.

On the 3rd of April, T-Day as it would later be known, the Canadian plan was set in motion. From the former Danish islands called the Faroe Islands a massive amount of troops set sails, destination the northern tip of Scotland. In the early morning of that same day, they arrived. No one was waiting for them on the beaches, no one had expected them here. And that is why they arrived on this very spot. The wind was dead silent, as a result a thick layer of fog covered the whole area. Weather conditions couldn’t have been better. The state of the beaches around the village of John o’ Groats was perfect for a large scale invasion. The people of the village were dumbfounded when they woke up and saw a port that had never been there before. Some of them knew what happened, because of the strange uniforms the soldiers were wearing, but others just assumed they were British troops due to their accents. Some of the locals started fraternizing with the soldiers, sharing stories about the sea, exchanging food, cigarettes or even alcohol. With a good mood, the Canadian soldiers could advance into the rough terrain of Scotland. The intelligence the Secret Service gathered from their prisoners now also paid off, as the Canadians were able to quickly locate military bases that could fit the amount of troops the Entente brought in.

p5d941x.jpg

Due to the absence of enemy soldiers, and the time it took for news to travel across Scotland, the Canadian invasion forces could advance without any resistance. By the 20th of May, British and Scottish troops in Edinburgh were suddenly attacked by surprise. On that same day, Edinburgh was conquered, with the flag of the Union of Britain replaced by the Union Jack and the Scottish flag. News of the invasion now spread like a wildfire. This only worsened the situation in London, where more and more people started taking it onto the street. The position of the Maximists was now even more precarious, due to their decision of putting the army in Southern England, the Canadians were able to advance at a very fast rate. American soldiers now also arrived at the frontline, as they were being brought in from Edinburgh. On the 31st of July, the Canadian army took Manchester, they now were closing in on the industrial heart of England and were getting closer than ever to London. But the fighting now became more intense, as large garrisons were stationed in Liverpool and Hull, on both ends of the frontline, preventing the front to move forward without taking risks of being encircled in the middle.

GFM3Rqz.png

The advance came to an almost standstill, as more and more British troops arrived from the south coast to defend Liverpool and Hull and keep the Canadians and Americans from crossing the Mersey and the Aire rivers. But at the same time, more and more Entente troops arrived in Britain to liberate their Home island. It was clear that the Union wouldn’t fall without a fight and with the Summer of 1941 coming to an end, the weather wouldn’t become any better, worsening the situation both armies were in. As in 1914, trench war was looming over the heads of thousands of young men. But in contrary to 1914, new technologies could prevent or break through a trench war. It was now very important that these technologies would be used to move forward, even with the risk of being surrounded.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The end of the war is in sight, but it is not yet here. I've also added a bit of Union of Britain politics in the beginning of this chapter, because I realized I didn't talk about that yet.

Last edited:
Well I suppose that is one way to invade Great Britain. To be fair from the point of view of terrain it is all downhill now :D

Well I suppose that is one way to invade Great Britain. To be fair from the point of view of terrain it is all downhill now :D
Haha indeed, that way, we always have the high ground :p

Ah so you ran into the line going from Liverpool to Hull. Only non urban area is between Leeds and Hull... Quite hellish for offensive battle.

That's my usual route as well, after building up nice bases in Iceland and the Faroes.
It's actually quite a good tactic, as there are less ports in the north and so the English put less troops there to protect them.
Ah so you ran into the line going from Liverpool to Hull. Only non urban area is between Leeds and Hull... Quite hellish for offensive battle.
Yeah indeed, that area was indeed important for the breakthrough.

It's actually quite a good tactic, as there are less ports in the north and so the English put less troops there to protect them.

Yeah indeed, that area was indeed important for the breakthrough.

I hope the UoB puts up a fight now that you've reached the cities. I hate it when you catch them with their army in Morocco or something. I really like a grindy big battle for Britain, I tend to favor heavy tanks for Canada in KR and I really enjoy pushing like a juggernaught for the final battle of the Siege of London. (then it gets spoiled when the AoG or something equally ludicrous lands an army in dover and takes undefended London) xD

Next chapter will be here probably in the weekend. I have exams in the near future, so I don't really have the time to write a lot. But rest assured, Churchill will come back!

Next chapter will be here probably in the weekend. I have exams in the near future, so I don't really have the time to write a lot. But rest assured, Churchill will come back!
The hard reality we have to face two times a year as a student ;).

No worries. Good fortune on the exams - they are, after all, rather more important that internet alt-histories :D

The hard reality we have to face two times a year as a student ;).
No worries. Good fortune on the exams - they are, after all, rather more important that internet alt-histories :D
Thank you. As a lot of my classes are about post-war history, I will also have some inspiration from them. For my Belgium AAR, I've got some interesting things in store.

Episode XIII: London has fallen
Episode XIII: London has fallen
28th of September – 11th of November 1941
The standstill on the Mersey and Aire rivers had to be broken, or a trench war would begin. That would be devastating for the industrial centres in the area. Luckily, an American tank division was able to sneak through the front line just south of Hull on the 28th of September. In a brilliant move, they went for the coast and thus surrounded the British troops in Hull. Canadian infantry followed in their tracks, but instead of going to the coast, they went the other way in order to encircle the garrisons in Liverpool. On the 4th of October, the British troops were surrounded.

GFM3Rqz.png

The strategic move was just what the Entente needed, now the road to Southern England was open and the Internationale was on its knees. In Entente occupied territory, work had already begun on building a new nation. Syndicalism had destroyed the values of the old British Empire and it was a difficult task to rebuild those values. A council was founded, including British member of the Canadian government, important exiled business magnates and religious leaders of the Anglican Church. The new foundations of Britain would be build on the age old ties to Christianity, funded by profits of the Canadian industries and legitimized by popular exiled British politicians like Winston Churchill and Anthony Eden. The eventual goal was setting up a new system for after the war that would last and would not upset Canadian citizens, who for the past decade dedicated their lives to the restauration of the British Empire.

K3AAOkV.jpg

On the 15th of October 1941, the pockets of British troops in Liverpool and Hull finally surrendered. The Entente now moved forward to the south, encountering almost no resistance in rural areas. The only resistance they encountered were garrisons in the cities on their path. But even they were no match for the combined strength of the Canadian and American armies. By the 21st of October, they had reached Birmingham and captured it without a problem. By the end of the month, Oxford was liberated. The Oxford University, which was closed under syndicalist administration, was reopened and even King Edward VIII was present to celebrate the return of the British intelligentsia to the ancient institution in Oxford. The old traditions were dug up, including the boat race the universities of Oxford and Cambridge competed in.

jF8nk0X.jpg

On the syndicalist side of the war, the Congress of Trade Unions quickly mobilized all available reserves. Everything was redirected to the defence of London. Whatever the cost may be, London would not fall to the imperialists and capitalists. By the 3rd of November, Entente troops had arrived at the outskirts of London’s suburbs. The most difficult task as of yet would now begin. Fighting from street to street in the area of Greater London reminded many soldiers of the story by H.G. Wells, The War of the Worlds. In his novel, Wells described giant tripods from Mars advancing through the streets of London, disintegrating everything on their path. The Entente advance may be not as devastating as the alien advance, but the destruction it brought was very similar.

z1lKznN.jpg

On the 6th of November, the last pocket of syndicalist British troops in Whitehall had been defeated. Ordinary people now also joined the Canadian and American troops in their advance. Their anger towards the failing government had resulted in many joining the underground royalist resistance. The counter-revolution had succeeded in bringing down some of the crucial spots of syndicalist defences. On the 11th of November 1941, Entente and Reichspakt delegations met in Brussels to draw the future map of Europe and deal with the remaining syndicalist threats. Churchill, in his victory speech, mentioned the strong bond between the United States and the British Empire and the future relationship with the German Empire. In what may be described as not so flattering words, he described the situation as following: “I am fond of pigs, Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” The speech was said to have amused the German Kaiser due to the many references to Entente propaganda during the Weltkrieg. Kaiser Wilhelm responded with a simple answer: “I’m sure Mr Churchill does not have any intentions to toy with the German war machine.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sadly this is the last chapter of the AAR, but don't worry, I've got plenty more stories for this Kaiserreich Universe. I can also gladly announce that I'm part of the Führerreich mod development team. Führerreich is a double-blind alternate history mod, based on an event in Kaiserreich. It is based on the question: What if Germany lost the Weltkrieg? If you want to know how this story ends, be sure to read my other AAR about Belgium, as that one will still continue for a couple of more ingame years and wars. I have also something special planned for everyone's favorite country in the Caribbean, which will see the return of a familiar face in Kaiserreich and the entrance of some of our timeline's politicians.

Last edited:
Epilogue
Epilogue: United we stand
With Britain back in the British Empire, the future looked bright for the country, even though many divides still ran through the nation. After the Treaty of Brussels, new elections were held in Canada and Britain. Many exiled Britons had returned to the Home Islands and had campaigned there instead of in Canada. As a result, a Canadian-only cabinet was formed in Canada and many of the popular British exiled politicians were elected into the British parliament. A new political system was engineered to forge a stronger bond between Canada and Britain. The two nations were united in the Greater United Kingdom of Britain and Canada with two Houses of Commons and two Houses of Lords. The Canadian Houses were located in Ottawa and the British Houses in London. In addition, there were a few common institutions like the Council of the Commonwealth, which held legislation for matters like defence, foreign relations and trade. A Commonwealth Court of Justice was also formed to overlook the uniformity of laws in both parts of the country with the Court having priority over local legislation. Of course King Edward VIII held his position as King of Canada and a personal union was formed with Britain. The Greater United Kingdom could be described as a federal state, with Canada and Britain being regions in a bigger federation.

In the US, Quentin Roosevelt continued implementing his social democratic policies. With profits steadily increasing after the end of the War of Homecoming, there was enough money to set up the foundations of the welfare state. American military presence in Europe however was still very much needed. Syndicalist resistance cells were still active many weeks and even months after the end of the war. In addition, war games and training exercises were regularly held with the French and the British. After Churchills speech, relations with Germany were increasingly tense. A new war was on the horizon, and a new ally was emerging in the east, where during the last few years, Russia had been asserting its dominance while Germany was busy fighting a war with the Internationale.

Always nice to see Syndicalism crushed

Thank you for a rather fun little AAR.

Always nice to see Syndicalism crushed

Thank you for a rather fun little AAR.
Thank you for following it. Looking back on it, I really enjoyed it, although sometimes it was a bit too much 'histoire bataille' (only about battles and not really about stuff besides it), but I can assure you that I've got some fun stuff planned for the future.

FINALLY I got around to respond, it was a fun story and I really enjoyed reading it. Hopefully the future will bring us more of this, be it histoire bataille or not ;).

FINALLY I got around to respond, it was a fun story and I really enjoyed reading it. Hopefully the future will bring us more of this, be it histoire bataille or not ;).
I think I can soon resume my other AAR about Belgium. I've already started writing on the next one, which will be here I think by the end of the month.