• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SibCDC

Emperor of Gallispania
43 Badges
Nov 4, 2015
www.youtube.com
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
Hello and welcome to my second AAR. I will be doing this one simultaneously with my other AAR as Belgium. I will try to update them at the same time. I will do this because I had the plan to create a sort of Marvel Cinematic Universe, but within the Kaiserreich mod, with all my AARs connecting into one big story Canon. The AAR as Belgium will not be a very long one compared to this one I think, because this one will include the American Civil War, as well as the Second Weltkrieg. My "In Flanders Fields" AAR will probably end after it connects into this story. I can already tell you that that's not long after May of 1940. [EDIT: This one turned out much shorter, because I decided to continue the story in my Belgium AAR]

LJrl52f.jpg

SibCDC's Kaiserreich Connected Universe (KCU):
Phase One:
"In Flanders Fields" - Belgium
"Pigs treat us as equals" - Canada & US
"The Golden Circle" - Cuba
"The Path of Peace" - India
Phase Two:
"Gott mit Uns" - Prussia
To recognize chapters relevant to Canada or the USA in my other AARs, look out for this icon underneath the title of a chapter:
c7n3lLr.png

Chapters in this AAR relevant to other AARs in the KCU will also have an icon telling you another AAR fits into this story. This way, new readers and selective readers can easily go through a country's history in the KCU.

But before I start this AAR, I want to clarify the playthrough on which this will more or less be based. Seven months ago, I played a MP game in Kaiserreich with a friend for our YouTube Channel. I played as Canada and my friend as the US. Our goal was to basicly work together to win the American Civil War as the US and after that to reconquer Britain. I will be including some elements but not all in my Canon. For example, at one point after the Civil War, my friend conquered all of Mexico and Centroamerica. I will not include this because it makes no sense in the story.
Sorry for the bad video quality sometimes. Back then I had a crappy computer. I try to improve my quality, but sometimes it just doesn't want to.

And the last thing before I give you the prologue, there is a hint in the title to very important future story events. I hope you find it, but please keep it to yourself until it is revealed in the AAR :)

Enjoy this AAR and feel free to check out "In Flanders Fields", my other AAR included in this Canon.

Table of contents:
Prologue: Northern America Anno 1936
Episode I: Long live the King (17th of January – 18th of March 1936)
Episode II: the King's Speech (8th of April – 3rd of November 1936)
Episode III: God save America (1st of January – 28th of February 1937)
Episode IV: Olympus has fallen (1st of March – 14th of June 1937)
Episode V: To Atlanta we march (9th of August – 30th of September 1937)
Episode VI: One down, two to go (1st of October – 31st of December 1937)
Episode VII: End of the Beginning (1st of January – 3rd of June 1938)
Episode VIII: Aftermath (13th of June – 24th of August 1938)
Episode IX: Uprising (25th of August 1938 – 30th of September 1939)
Episode X: Operation Flamenco (17th of May – 31st of December 1940)
Episode XI: Their Finest Hour (1st of January 1941)
Episode XII: T-Day (1st of February – 31st of July 1941)
Episode XIII: London has fallen (28th of September – 11th of November 1941)
Epilogue: United we stand

Chapters relevant to the USA and Canada in my other AARs, in chronological order:
In Flanders Fields Interlude: Treaty of Brussels (11th of November 1941)
In Flanders Fields Episode VI: Shifting allegiance (12th of November 1941 – 10th of July 1942)
In Flanders Fields Episode VIII: The 18 Days' Campaign (26th of July – 12th of August 1942)
In Flanders Fields Episode IX: Operation Ragnarok (10th of August 1942 – 17th of January 1943)
In Flanders Fields Episode XII: the Battle of Holland (25th of December 1942 – 31st of August 1943)
In Flanders Fields Episode XIV: the Fighting Filipinos (11th of January 1943 – 7th of December 1944)
In Flanders Fields Episode XVII: Scramble for Africa (20th of January 1943 – 10th of February 1944)
In Flanders Fields Episode XVI: Race for Berlin (2nd of December 1944 – 7th of May 1945)
The Path of Peace Chapter XVII: When Gandhi met Churchill (10th of January 1945 - 6th of December 1946)
In Flanders Fields Episode XVIII: Potsdam Conference (17th of July – 2nd of August 1945)
In Flanders Fields Episode XIX: Enola Gay (16th of July – 2nd of September 1945)
In Flanders Fields Epilogue: Iron Curtain
The Golden Circle Chapter I: Americano (20th of January 1961)
The Golden Circle Chapter III: Blood and Sand (22nd of January - 19th of August 1961)
The Golden Circle Chapter IV: Dark 'n Stormy (20th of August - 5th of October 1961)
The Golden Circle Chapter V: Smith and Kearns (6th of October - 27th of December 1961)
The Golden Circle Chapter VI: Churchill (28th of December - 2nd of January 1962)
The Golden Circle Chapter VII: Agent Orange (5th of January - 26th of May 1962)
The Golden Circle Chapter VIII: Moscow Mule (27th of May - 30th of November 1962)
The Golden Circle Chapter IX: Cuban Missile Crisis (1st of October - 31st of December 1962)
The Golden Circle Chapter X: Apocalypse Now (1st of January - 14th of December 1963)
The Golden Circle Chapter XI: Cuba Libre (15th of December 1963 - 2nd of July 1964)
The Golden Circle Chapter XII: El Presidente (3rd of July 1964 - 24th of January 1965)

Last edited:
After the syndicalist revolution drove many British people, including the King and his family, to the Dominion of Canada, the country has benefited greatly from the influx of knowledge, expertise and capital. However, the influence of British exiles on Canadian politics has led to a divide between natives and immigrants. Native Canadians want to focus on expanding the civilian economy in favour of the wealth of the country, while immigrants from the British Isles want to use the Canadian industrial machine to prepare for a future invasion of Britain. In addition, King George V’s health is declining and nobody really knows what political views his son holds. Will he agree with native Canadians, or will he, like his father, look towards the Home Islands?

ArsOUqp.jpg

Meanwhile in the United States, democracy was in peril. The Great Depression which followed the Wall Street Crash of 1925 was still very present in the States. President Herbert Hoover proved incompetent in dealing with the situation, but still got re-elected in the 1932 presidential elections. This created a distrust in the government and gave rise to all sorts of new ideologies like syndicalism and nationalism. The Combined Syndicates of America, a Far Left party under the leadership of John Reed, and the American First Union party, a Far Right party under the leadership of Huey Long, both contempt the legitimacy of the government to a point where civil war was near. What will the presidential elections of 1936 bring and will the future president, whoever it may be, be able to pull the US from the ashes of the Great Depression?

lzQMmIa.jpg

Last edited:
So the story continues, will be interesting to see how the different stories and backgrounds of different playthroughs will collide in one cohesive story. Subbed.

So the story continues, will be interesting to see how the different stories and backgrounds of different playthroughs will collide in one cohesive story. Subbed.
I've got all sorts of things planned. Consider them as Easter Eggs and hints to future events.
Thank you for the sub.

Will follow.

Episode I: Long live the King
Episode I: Long live the King
17th of January – 18th of March 1936
On the 17th of January, sad news arrived for the Entente. King George V had died at 11.55 p.m. and left his throne to Prince Edward, his son. The young Prince now has to deal with the divide between French Canadians and English Canadians and between the Canadians and the British exiles. The question is what path he will take in the future to achieve his goals.

33qOjtA.png

On the 5th of February, Black Monday occurred in Germany. Two days later it hit several other countries in the world, including the United States. The country hadn’t had the chance to recover from the 1925 Wall Street Crash and yet again it was struck with disaster. To add to this, Vice-President Curtis, who was expected to succeed President Hoover in the upcoming elections, suffered a heart attack on the 8th of February. Luckily he was able to recover, preventing a political crisis in government. If he were to become president, he would be the first US President with Native American ancestry.

dIsROo3.jpg

In the meanwhile, Charlie Chaplin’s movie Modern Times went into premiere in New York. Syndicalist leaders such as Jack Reed, Marceau Pivert and Philip Snowden were all spotted at the movie theatre. The movie was criticized by corporate leaders as being too anti-capitalist and anti-fordist. It was banned a few days after the premiere because it was too provocative so shortly before the upcoming elections. Probably inspired by Charlie Chaplin, the leaders of the United Auto Workers association in Detroit called for a strike. They were beaten by a group of forty men from the Ford’s Service Department. The incident became known in the press as the Battle of the Overpass, increasing tensions between corporations and Worker’s Unions.

Ap4F6qV.jpg

In Canada meanwhile, the Queen Mary Way was finished on the 12th of March. It was formally opened by Prince Edward, this being his first public appearance after his father’s death. The new highway connected Toronto to the Niagara Falls via Hamilton and is the first of its kind in Northern America.

On the 18th of March, disaster struck the US yet again. But this time it was nature itself giving the Americans trouble. The heat of the last few days had melted a lot of ice in the mountainous area around Pittsburgh, this caused an overflow of water in the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers, threatening to overflow in Pittsburgh. Added to this was heavy rainfall in the night of the 17th to the 18th of March. In the morning it was clear how much damage the water had done to Pittsburgh. The event was later known as the Saint Patrick’s Day Flood.

WpVHtFr.jpg

It was clear that America was going downhill. The only thing that was uncertain, was when the final blow would come. Many still hoped that the presidential elections would solve all problems. But in the Canadian government ranks, mainly at the head of MI6, people were preparing for the coming American Civil War…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things are already heating up in this AAR, and let me say you, this AAR will be full of little references to future chapters. It will all be clear when things come together. The puzzle pieces will all fall nicely into place.

Last edited:
Let us hope the civil war won't affect Canada too much, but I have a slight suspicion it will. What and how much is yet to be seen though.

Let us hope the civil war won't affect Canada too much, but I have a slight suspicion it will. What and how much is yet to be seen though.
Oh and it will affect the Kingdom in the North, something has been set in motion which will determine the outcome not only of the Civil War, but for all wars to come.

Civil war in America is an opportunity masquerading as a disaster.

Civil war in America is an opportunity masquerading as a disaster.
Indeed, and for some people more than for other...

Episode II: the King's Speech
Episode II: the King’s Speech
(
8M0wXUM.png
)

8th of April – 3rd of November 1936
After his father’s death, Prince Edward had to pick a side in Canadian politics. On the one side, there was Prime Minister Mackenzie, who wants to prioritize the development of Canada’s civilian economy over its foreign policy. On the other side, there’s R.B. Bennett and his supporters, who want to use the Canadian economy for an invasion of the Union of Britain. The Prince is popular with both French and English Canadians, so his choice will probably sway public opinion in favour of either Mackenzie or Bennett. On the 8th of April 1936, Prince Edward was coronated and became King Edward VIII. In his speech, which was broadcasted on the radio all over the British Commonwealth, he denounced syndicalism and pledged to finish the war his father started to reclaim Britain. It seemed Bennett was able to convince the King to join his side. Almost immediately after his speech, he retreated to his office and started drafting Bill C-7, which would address several issues such as the poor state of the industry, military and internal security.

fSQpJ9S.jpg

Bill C-7 was negotiated between the two biggest parties in parliament; the Liberals and the Tories, to ensure its passing into legislature. But during the preparations for the bill, the Progressives, who were in a government coalition with the Liberals, left the government, leaving the Liberals with a slim majority in parliament. On the 13th of May, after a month of hard work on the bill that would improve the future of Canada, bill C-7 did not pass the House of Lords. Infuriated with the result, King Edward VIII called Bennett to his residence in Ottawa. In all secrecy, the King announced his plans for the future and asked Bennett help. Nothing more is known of the content of the meeting, but Bennett called together a shadow cabinet soon after.

In the meanwhile, also in secrecy, Joseph Kennedy, representing the political and business elite of New England, informed the Canadian government that should conflict break out in the US, they would happily allow Canadian troops to cross the border and garrison New England and upstate New York. On the 24th of June, parliament was unexpectedly disbanded by King Edward VIII. Liberal opposition was not happy with the King’s actions and called for strikes and protests on the street. Canada was now formally known as the Kingdom of Canada.

On the 22nd of July, the King sent a personal note to President Hoover, stating that Canada will, if necessary lend its resources to the US government to prevent a syndicalist takeover in the country. By September 1936, the Houses of Parliament were filled with Royalists, effectively purging all Liberal opposition. By the end of the month, there were discussions about whether the American presidential elections should take place at all, but Herbert Hoover stated firmly that the Constitution must be respected, even in these dark times. Also, the exiled King Albert of Belgium expected to return to Belgium next month and negotiated with King Edward VIII on what he will do once he is reinstated as King of the Belgians. On the 10th of October, seven days after the Treaty of Arlon, King Albert was sent back to Belgium with a military convoy provided by Canada.

DxQLPnF.jpg

The election campaigns now heated up all across the country. In the south, Huey Long had set up militias, while in the Chicago and Detroit, the streets were controlled by syndicalists. On the 3rd of November, the elections were held. Charles Curtis, due to his campaign of negotiation and reconciliation with the Combined Syndicates of America and the America First Party, won with a narrow majority. But not long after the results were published, both the CSA and the AFP contested them and blamed each other of rigging the elections. Huey Long established the Minute Man, a paramilitary group in the South.

2GjVPqk.jpg

The American people hoped the presidential elections would calm down the Far Left and the Far Right by choosing Curtis, but both the CSA and the AFP have contested his presidency. Will Curtis, with his failing health, be able to bring both parties to the negotiation table and find a peaceful solution, or will America for a second time in its history be embroiled in civil war? And how will Canada make use of the situation? Will they keep their promises to Curtis, or will they take advantage of an eventual civil war to seize land and resources?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I enjoyed writing this chapter, because it has its first real connection to my other AAR. You can expect these little cameo's and hints in future chapters as well. I hope you still enjoy reading this AAR.

Last edited:
Curtis is the route to avoid the civil war iirc. I wonder if the AI will manage it.

Curtis is the route to avoid the civil war iirc. I wonder if the AI will manage it.
Don't forget that in his multiplayer campaign he was playing as Canada and his friend as the USA, so I don't expect any stupidity from the AI here, at least not the USA one ;).

Don't forget that in his multiplayer campaign he was playing as Canada and his friend as the USA, so I don't expect any stupidity from the AI here, at least not the USA one ;).
Indeed, my friend was playing as the US, but that doesn't mean that he didn't do stupid things. It was his first MP HoI4 game and it was his first time playing Kaiserreich, so he still made many mistakes.

Ah, for some reason I had forgotten that. Thanks for the reminder.

Episode III: God save America
Episode III: God save America
1st of January – 28th of February 1937
On the 1st of January 1937, Charles Curtis was inaugurated as the 32nd President of the United States of America. In his inauguration speech, he called for calmness and peace in these dark times. If they wanted to overcome the challenges ahead, they would need to overcome them hand in hand, or not at all. But in the north the CSA organised a massive strike and in the south Huey Long held a Southern Rally. Curtis was only just in office and he already had to deal with a divided nation.

jZ5MKre.jpg

On the 12th of January, President Curtis proposed negotiations with Reed in order to end the strike. Five days later, they sat together in Chicago. However, Huey Long demanded to be present at the talks, in order to ensure that Curtis wouldn’t sell the nation to the syndicalists. Long was welcomed by the President to join the talks, but soon Long and Reed started arguing. President Curtis was between two fires and tried to work with both men. But soon Long’s Minute Men started attacking members of the CSA in Chicago and Reed left the meeting. Fighting broke out on the streets and Long was forced to flee Chicago with his goons.

On the 3rd of February, it all kicked off. Jack Reed declared his CSA independent from the US as a Worker’s State. The USA was in a state of civil war. On the 7th of February, the Kingdom of Canada seized the Panama Canal. Two days later, on the 9th of February, Huey Long also declared the independence of the American Union State. The US was now embroiled in a three way civil war. On the 12th of February, Canada sent volunteers to fight on the side of the US, but on the same day, Canadian troops also took control over New England as promised to Joseph Kennedy. On the 13th of February, the Pacific States of America also broke away from the US. Political chaos was now complete with almost no surviving chance for the United States. On the 17th, the PSA also declared war on the US, making the Second American Civil War a four-way war. On the 28th of February, Canada also took control over Alaska, seeing the vast territory undefended. The United Mexican States, also a syndicalist nation was suspected of also having invasion plans, but the US started preparing an internal coup in Mexico, to rule out an invasion.

CBLbMEW.png

In the now bigger Kingdom of Canada, King Edward VIII held a crisis meeting with his cabinet and other top officials. The big question was how the nation had to respond to the American Civil War. Already, quick actions were taken by seizing New England, Alaska and the Panama Canal and by sending volunteers. But more had to be done in order to prevent a syndicalist victory.
Some interesting things developing here on the background of the Civil War. Not only in Canada and the US, but also in other countries. Hope you enjoyed this part and as always if you have suggestions, feel free to share them.

Last edited: