• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pierreluc2012

Second Lieutenant
52 Badges
Feb 18, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Hi everyone,

Please have a look at a bunch of custom events to add a bit more variety to the game. None of these are meant to fundamentally change the game mechanics. I did round out a bit the possible events for homosexual rulers (since gaining the lustful trait was pretty much all that could happen to them). I have also had fun adding a few custom images, and my goal is to update things on a semi-regular basis as inspiration strikes (and modding knowledge improves).

Version 1.01

Added apothecary event series, featuring also mild diseases impotency and gout. Modified vanilla event 69020 in rumours event to fit.

So this first version adds:

Event-wise
A set of homosexual ruler events: 100057001-11, and 21-26
A set of events relating to a ruler's armory: 1000057012-20
Required tweaks to lovers_events to factor in male lovers
Removal of Paradox event 1019 from personality_traits_events since it makes no sense to add "lustful" to a homosexual ruler, as if indulging would boost fertility...

In Common
Two new event-modifiers and added custom events to on_action.txt

Graphicly
A few custom event imag es (and the associated changes to the interface)

Feel free to incorporate in your mods (with credit as a courtesy) or draw upon it and modify as you see fit.

Edited to add that this uses event ids 1000057001-57999.

Cheers

Attachments

• Lulu1-01.rar
    573,6 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Bump (won't make a habit of it) just to see if anyone tries it out and has constructive comments.

Thx

I saw the events and they are quite nice :) I added them to the latest version of my mod and credited you, but since I've been busy I forgot to notify you. Anyways thanks for making them and I hope you can make even more in the future :)

To factor in male lovers... do you mean for a male "PC", or for a female "PC" since they don't seem to take lovers on their own very often....

I've considered that or "minor wife" for Muslims and some pagans, but it also involved modding how the children are treated, how people react to the it, how the "primary wife" reacts to the whole thing, etc. A bit beyond my depth as of yet.

Can't even get my "Shrine of the Horse Spirit" to work.

(PS: and really, the whole reaction to out of wedlock children, not to mention many of the traits, might need to be changed for some pagan cultures, all depends on your take. Right now they're just "abrahamic with a paintjob" in the game.)

I've considered that or "minor wife" for Muslims and some pagans, but it also involved modding how the children are treated, how people react to the it, how the "primary wife" reacts to the whole thing, etc. A bit beyond my depth as of yet.

Can't even get my "Shrine of the Horse Spirit" to work.

(PS: and really, the whole reaction to out of wedlock children, not to mention many of the traits, might need to be changed for some pagan cultures, all depends on your take. Right now they're just "abrahamic with a paintjob" in the game.)

All concubines (meant as a broad term) would have children by event only, so you would have to rearrange those events to always give the trait 'legitimized child' to the offspring or whatever you think is appropriate. It's a feature I'd like to do for my mod, but it's a medium to low priority right now. Some countries had at least three and in some cases more terms for children born out of wedlock.

Where is the event that makes two characters into lovers to begin with, anyway? Am I just missing the obvious?

So the only lovers that actually can occur are a male ruler paired with a female courtier?

EDIT: Actually, I know there has to be something else, because that event always leads to a child, and I've seen lovers without a pregnancy or child.

Last edited:
Hi Kristopher, there are a lot of events creating lovers.
As Redrooster noted, a key one is in birth_events, where a female courtier makes a move on her male ruler. There are other instances, such as following duels, feasts or in lovers_events if a ruler becomes bored with his wife. All these, however, pair AFAIK, a male ruler with a female courtier. There are also ricochet events where, in the right circumstances, your wife may get a male lover. I found no vanilla events where a female ruler would get a lover of any gender, not where a male ruler would get a male lover. The most that happens to a male homosexual (ruler or not) is to get a choice between chaste and lustful. Same for a female homosexual. Heterosexual females seem to have no sex life, other than when wives. :)

I tried to make favorite (male) and concubine (female) minor titles but they don't seem to work.

Meanwhile I've replaced your 2 gaylovers.dds by those attached - *much* cuter than those you included originally IMO :happy:

Attachments

• event_pictures.rar
    44,8 KB · Views: 27
Incidentally, a stupid question maybe but does anyone know how to delete old attachments on Paradox server? I'm running out of space which is cluttered by old CKI, EUII-III attachments.... The Upload windows says those not accessed in 48 hours will be deleted but they're still there.