• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cold Star

Second Lieutenant
5 Badges
May 8, 2015
  • Magicka
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Magicka 2
  • Age of Wonders III
Lots of us wanted to have new elements in Magicka's sequel. Maybe developers didn't add them because that would break game's core? Anyway here is my ideas. What do you think?
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, magicka 2 will be released very soon. It will surely have some big dlcs, containing new maps, challenges, trials, robes, weapons, magicks, enemies, fun. But I think developers should really make one with element expansion.
Lets start.

X means elements destroy each other.

Tier 0 elements.

They are basic elements any wizard may cast.​
  • Q – water.
  • W – life.
  • E – shield.
  • R – cold.
  • A – lighting.
  • S – death.
  • D – earth. Maybe add a way to increase angle of thrown projectiles? Goblin bombers can throw bombs over our storms, why can't we?
  • F – fire.
I think elements should have priority sometimes. This will increase total amount of spells.
For example – AS is arcane lighting, but SA is Lighting Arcane Beam.
QRD or QDR or RQD or RDQ is barrage of stone ice shards. More D will increase their weight, so QRDDD will make three heavy stones that will charge and damage a lot.
SF is fire arcane beam.
FS is fire arcane spray?
Or they could add some new spell forms. FS – wizard casting beam vertically up into the sky which falls down in front of him from the sky. Wizard can control it's direction it manually. Like spool of fire in deathtrap. S additionally increase radius, Q additionally increases column's speed, etc.​

Tier 1 elements.
Combining some T0 elements should make T1 elements. Just like in Magicka 1.​
  • Ic – ice.
Ic = QR
Ic X A,F.​
  • St – steam.
St = QF
QF X A,R.
I believe developers had good reasons to remove steam lightings.

To make new elements you just use one element and two opposite elements, in this way you will not loose any spell combinations.

Unused elements.
  • Po – poison. Poisons enemies, spray, lowest priority.
Po = QSW,QWS. Since poison is liquid, have a green color, made from plants and brings death.
Maybe poison status effect should be timed and have a scaling power?
Po X W,F,A; but you can make 2 poisons if you cast QSWQSW. More poisons make status effect stronger. Deals no damage.
Maybe poison should be flammable like grease? (Divinity: original sin)​
  • Gr – grease. Affects terrain, makes enemies sliding, flammable. Spray, lowest priority.
Gr = QSA? S = life, SA = killed life = grease.
Gr X F,Q,S,A.

New elements.
  • Tr – triforce. Anomaly, anti-gravity, death sphere, bomb.
Tr = DQA, DAQ. Makes an uncontrollable sphere that flies in straight line, while zapping enemies with lightings, and explodes upon hitting something or after some time. Ice increases number of spheres while making them weaker, E makes it stationary. Other elements give lightings special different elemental damage.
Tr ward zaps enemies, self cast makes it fly to the ground from the sky, AOE cast increases sphere number, enchant is one timed and makes sphere fly slightly faster.
Adding Q or D disables the lightings but increases speed or explosion damage and gives sphere damage aura.

Example: TrSARQR makes two small spheres, which fly, while zapping enemies with Cold Arcane Lightnings, and explodes in Cold Arcane Lightning nova.
  • An – animate. Animation, moving, AI.
An = ASW, AWS. To animate something you kill it and add life with lightnings to revive it.
Makes projectiles homing. More An makes them home more. Overrides sprays, beams and lightnings by making small homing energetic sparks (like beholder's energy rockets).
Single An makes a skeleton throwing bones. More An's make more skeletons.
An ward tries to give you wizard's AI. Self cast makes projectiles home you. AOE cast makes multiple projectiles in random directions. Enchant makes one big powerful homing spark.

An spell is the most basic summon spell. If you summon something you should stay still while making a charge, like charging a DDDDD, but It will disappear if you are interrupted. Stronger summons require more charging time. Tr + Summon makes sphere summon something after explosion.

Combining An and some opposite spells should give you more summon elements, like Zombie, Elemental, Terracotta Wizard, Ents, etc.
Using Zombie or Elemental ward will make you more resistant to one elements but more vulnerable to others.
Summon X Summon.
Summon + element will give monsters some elemental affinities, will increase their number, strength, etc.

So, new elements basically don't remove any spell from game.

Tier 2 elements.
  • Rai – rainbow. 8 colors, fun.
PoTrFFR = rainbow. A beam, which attacks with all elemental attacks at the same time. Gives random status effect each "tick". Adding more elements makes corresponding damage stronger and increasing corresponding status effect probability.
  • Tier X elements.
Chao – Chaotic, random, RNG, Glitch.
AAFQDFADAAARDADRQD – something like this casted in a quick succession.
Randomizes spell type, trajectory, damage, etc.
Pure Chao makes random spell.
Chao+Summon summons random enemy which is hostile to everyone.

Upvote 0
I DO like the idea of having access to the poison element via spells or magicks... I remember there was a boss in M1 that I was having trouble with due to his overwhelming HP regeneration. Thankfully I brought along a poisoned dagger and shanked him with it. Good times.

Being able to manually select the priority of your elements would be outright awesome for the more experienced players/spellcasters. Although, it would likely increase the learning curve for newer players.