• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GrevenWhite said:
I Think I got carried away writing earlier today. ;)

Happens to everyone! Don't worry! At least you have ONE reader who won't be fazed ;)

Just post it, don't worry :D I mean, the worst that could happen would be that it's so bad that everybody runs away screaming hysterically and never visits these fora again... ??? Oops! :D
no really, it's great. Continue:D

Th :rofl:

Council Chambers

Rägnär Lodbrook was picking at his wolfskin tunic and watching the members of the other Great Houses babble amongst themselves. Darkon, of House Rodensa was busily whispering in the ear of Liutpold Dunn of House Malkov.

Darkon, as all members of House Rodensa were so afflicted, was very hideous to the uncalloused eye. His ears drooped low enough to touch his shoulders and his nose was a bulbous mass of flesh that appeared to have been created by a drunken potter. His ragged clothes and unbearable smell further showed he was not of noble birth, whenever it was he may have been born. Darkon was not a small person either he sported a large bulk that showed plenty of muscle to the trained eye.

Liutpold was a stark contrast to Darkon. His clothes were made of the finest silks that could be bought from the exotic lands and sported far more color and brightness than most kindred would chose to wear. He wore a chain of silver with a serpent entwined around a sword around his neck. Rings of various metals and speckled with an array of jewels dotted his fingers.

Liutpold noticed Rägnär and gave a slight smile that seemed to say that he was rather bored of listening to Darkon. Rägnär looked over at the other two kindred in the chamber.

Walter Foreman, from House Pedragon, was arguing with Enrich Montello of House Tolomato. Rägnär was convinced it was over something trivial. Walter had a quick temper and was not shy about voicing his opinions to any who would listen. He was probably the only one present that stood far above six feet. His massive bulk made even Darkon look slight by comparison. If the members of House Pedragon were of similar build it was no wonder they had conquer some much land in the last kindred war.

Enrich’s tan complexion had faded slightly since his departure from daylight intrigues but the Castilian heritage was still noticeable. The dark eyes and hair along with his accent gave it away easily. He was perhaps the only kindred clad in attire that surpassed Liutpold’s enchanting clothes. Enrich’s ensemble was constrained more to color’s of gold and plum but the myriad of fine jewelry that adorned his person almost made Liutpold’s look like costume jewelry.

Having thoroughly examined each of the other kindred in the chambers he passed the time exploring the creativity of the room itself. In the center resided a giant marble round table. Its intention had been to ensure that no House felt less respected than another. Although many had commented the chair reserved for House Draconis did appear to be slightly higher than the others, Alcazar had denied such claims as preposterous.

Above the table was an elaborate chandelier that reportedly held over six-thousand tiny candles and gave a very angelic glow to the ceiling. The ceiling had been decorated with pictures of biblical characters which Rägnär found ironic considering the churches views on the undead.

Along the walls various animal heads were on display as hunting trophies of the prowess of the elders. The walls themselves were rather plain offering nothing more exciting than simple stone.

The floor however was the masterpiece of the whole chamber. It was crafted from an unknown material and while normally it offered nothing more exciting than one’s own reflection with but simple commands could mimic almost anything on earth.

Rägnär spoke a simple phrase and the floor proceeded to adapt and replace the smooth ebony shine with that of new fallen snow. Darkon noticed the change first when a small amount of snow found its way into his well worn sandals.

He shot Rägnär a displeased look before resuming his tireless siege upon Liutpold’s ears.

Zeno of Cyprus said:
I wish I had a floor like that.
You can borrow mine :D
Good update, Greven

Okay, I'm hooked... er, ahem, let's say, bitten, by this one. :D
:cool: Can't wait to read the next update! :cool:

Hold on I'm left with a piece that is too short in current form but would have made the last post two long. I'm trying to find a way to extend it without putting in too much "fluff". ;)

Thanks,

The Count :D

"Accidentally" type words twice in a row occasionally occasionally :D Or you could make a latin translation of the update at the bottom of the post :p !

Hallway

“What do you mean ‘they found him’,” Alcazar asked confused.

Merilonna rolled her eyes and replied, “Surely you remember the one that killed Lord Demos.”

Alcazar shuddered. “Oh! That Him,” He replied quickly.

Merilonna glared at him. “You treat this too casually for my tastes. We trusted House Draconis when we were told that he would never be found again,” She said vehemently.

Alcazar shrugged and turned to look at the door again before asking, “Shall we attend the conference or do you want to stand out here all night debating on the stupidity of a Dravidian elder who got himself sent to final death?”

If Merilonna had still been mortal, blood would have rushed to her face as she shuddered with anger. “Don’t start with me! IF your stupid Bergen hadn’t fled like a coward Demos never would have fallen to such an upstart neonate,” She spat back with venomous anger.

Alcazar’s anger was building inside of him. He shouted back, “Bergen didn’t flee he went to get help and was assured by Lord Demos that Demos could handle the upstart.”

Before the argument could devolve into an outright fight, Valdemar appeared out of the shadows and placed a hand on Merilonna’s shoulder to calm her down.

Alcazar stiffened in response to seeing Valdemar. “Forgive me your excellancy,” He said to the Elder.

Valdemar was the Patriarch of House Valdemar but had unfortunately lost control of his own house to an upstart named Dhampir. He was wearing burgundy and gold robes and holding a think leather-bound book in his left arm.

Alcazar looked at Valdemar’s thick black hair and steel-gray eyes before turning to the door and whispering an arcane phrase. The Doors slowly swung open and the trio waltzed into the council chambers. A few seconds later the doors swung shut but not before an unseen intruder also slipped inside.

Last edited:
Valdemar??? :D

Great work, I have also been blessed today! Nice and frequent updates and very nicely "fluffed" ;)
Keep it up!

Th :rofl:

Actually bribing him helped solved a plot conudrum. I wanted to introduce Valdemar but since House Valdemar is at war with the 7 Great Houses I had to find a way to place him as an outcast. Then I need another "weird" name to fill in as the current ruler of House Valdemar.

Besides I won't give any secrets away but It opened another door so to speak. ;)

As soon as I break my latest creation up to make it postable I'll post the next part. Again I seem to write at a 3 post pace just to get anything worked out. I have a bad feeling this is going to end up a Long AAR. :(

One Question should I consider changing the color of dialoge to make it more readable?

Thanks,

GW

Valdemar said:
Oh, and what is that cdat is saying about me? is that at that dull homoerotic place of the japanese vegetable?

V

Well, he hasn't said anything about you in a while (but I have ;)), he just made general comments when you left. He can answer :)

Yeah I heard he thought it was sour grapes... obviously the irony I tried to instill with leaving that way was lost on the western part of the world :p

Now, mod mode: be carefull that I will not allow this to be a postbooster... this is a general warning, nothing wrong just yet, but clamouring for updates 2 min after the last, and too much iddle chit chat WILL send this flying to OT (or rather parts of it, the AAR it self is fine :))

And before you complain, YES you are given special treatment, a few gentlemen in here have way too much time on their hands ;)

V

Council Chambers

As Valdemar, Alcazar and Merilonna, the other kindred quieted down and took their seats. In clockwise position starting with Valdemar were; Alcazar, Enrich, Merilonna, Liutpold, Darkon, Rägnär and finally Walter.

“Now as always I would like everyone to remember that this chamber is Elysium and that no violence will be tolerated. I am master of these grounds and am the only one who shall bring wrath should that rule or any of the other holy commands be broken,” Valdemar began before turning sitting down.

Alcazar stood and looked around. “Right, so the first order of business is the complaints of house Dravidian about the tyranny of House Pedragon in their territories. So I shall let Merilonna speak first,” Alcazar said before resuming his seat.

“Why do we even come to these meetings, It’s never more than ‘so and so is oppressing my kine’ complaints,” Rägnär whispered to Darkon.

Merilonna rose and addressed the council, “For too long the English have oppressed the French people under our protection. We demand that House Pedragon and their mortal allies remove the claims on the Throne of France. These wars have gone on long enough and our people, well the French peoples wish to unify under their own crown. We implore this council to a vote and demand Pedragon’s compliance.”

Merilonna sat back down as Walter grinned and got out of his chair. He began slowly walking around the table looking from kindred to kindred meeting their gaze with his. “It is preposterous to think that we could get our mortal allies to forego their claims in France. We have tried many times with urging from many of you and I say it simply has done no good. We have much control over mortal affairs but we must abide by the holy commands, which prevent us from revealing our true nature,” He began.

Merilonna rolled her eyes in exasperation as Walter continued; “Now if the council would like to change one of the holy commands then by all means we will force the withdrawal of English claims on French soil. I think perhaps as Valdemar can tell you we have larger concerns at the moment that need to be addressed in Germania.”

Valdemar sighed as Walter took his seat again. “Any comments of the claims of House Dravidian,” He asked expecting to hear few.

“While we agree with the Dravidians we see not choice but to let the mortals fight it amongst themselves. We well send aid to their fight against the English but expecting Pedragon to exert the amount of influence necessary to get the English to go home is a rather large order,” Liutpold said as he was trying to remove a jewel from his armrest.

“I agree with my comrade from Germania we in Scandinavia have many concerns of our own right now with lupines growing in strength and numbers everyday. We have heard reports that they may be traveling to English soil soon and that will cause enough concern. We do not wish to see a Great House fall due to silly claims over who rightfully should have lands,” Rägnär announced.

Enrich finished filling his nails and replied, “While we also agree with the Dravidian proposal we too have much to concern ourselves with in Iberia and cannot in the present see any good coming from such an undertaking. We should focus on fighting the vile pawns of House Scorpius, House Serpentis and the Cursed Armies of House Umbra. If we can but get some small help we can solidify our people and assist other countries and kindred in repelling there enemies.”

Valdemar let the other kindred share their views before calling a vote. Only two kindred voted to have House Pedragon withdraw the English forces, Merilonna and Darkon who probably voted simply to piss off Walter.

Valdemar stood and announced, “We’ll take a small break and reconvene in a few moments. We have something really important to discuss and I don’t want anybody’s judgment clouded.”

Liutpold walked over to Valdemar and the pair exited the room. Merilonna was talking with Enrich when she briefly thought she saw something slip out of the room after the duo.