• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
January 1st 1419

The Electorate of Brandenburg

de-brndn.gif

Tangermunde

Burggraf Friedrich was walking down the dimly lit corridor thinking to himself. He was looking at his hands and thinking about how much he could notice that he was not a young man anymore. He paused when he reached a mirror and glanced at his reflection. He noticed that his short hair was thinning and had long ago abandoned any resemblance of color and now was proudly the color of snow. He saw the lines around his eyes and increased in the past few years and his skin had seemed to harden of its own will.

He adjusted his attire and turned to resume his stroll down the palace halls. Before he had taken more than a few steps a squire rushed up to get his attention.

“Forgive me my liege but you received this urgent message from Duke Jakob von Lundorf,” the squire said, hastily handing over a sealed letter.

Burggraf took the offered letter and glanced at the seal. It was indeed the mark of Lundorf.

He nodded his thanks and the squire scurried off leaving Burggraf to his letter. He leaned against the wall and opened it.

My Dear Friedrich,

A few of my serfs were working in their field a few weeks ago when they uncovered what appears to be a burial tomb. I have ordered the excavation of it and it took many days to dig all the ground from around it. It is quite large and has a many strange markings. We copied down something that was engraved upon the door.

caveo Atrum Procer Sedeo in hic. Nex mos adeo quicumque perago suus dormio.

We don’t know what it means. I have sent you this letter to know that we intended to open it in a fortnight and hoped that you might visit us when we opened it.

Many Regards
Duke Jakob von Lundorf

Burggraf scratched his head for a moment trying to decide what to do with the letter. So what that Jakob had found a burial sight? Still something about the engraving bothered him. Why did some of those words seem familiar?

A Tutankhamon comeback!!! :eek:
Great AAR, am enjoying it very much! But please, Sire, continue :D

Th :rofl:

That's a great start :) ! And thanks for using my cover design :D

Sultan: It was just so beautiful I had to. I was like wow that took far more skill than I posses it would be a shame to not use it. At 1st I didn't know what to do but then I realized the book I'm reading is Hardback and I usually take the sleeve off. The cover of the book itself has some designs on it so I decided that I did need two cover pages. Once Sapphire finishes his picture I'll post it as well.

Oh and I'm hard at work trying to flesh out the next post since It will introduce most of the "main" players in the european dance. So I'll update today sometime.

A very interesting start GrevenWhite. :cool: Brandenburg is always fun to play. Right now I'm playing a game where I'm playing Bohemia but my goal is to make Brandenburg the main power in Germany. It hasn't been easy.:D

Joe

My Latin's a bit sparse, but I know enough to get an ominous feeling about that excavation.

Excellent AAR so far. Let's see where this all leads...

Supreme Council of the Great Kindred Houses

Hallway

Alcazar walked slowly towards the Council Chambers. His dark burgundy robes swung silently as he traveled. He was a slender bald man that moved with a slight limp. Alcazar hated the limp; it was his misfortune to have been embraced in less than perfect condition. He didn’t mind being bald, in a way he learned to like the air of dignity it gave him. As the representative of House Draconis, he preferred to look as dignified as possible.

When he reached the door to the chambers he was momentarily awed by them. They towered almost twelve feet high and had been carved from two gigantic stones. Along the edges were carvings, they depicted many of the great kindred that he’d learned about when he had been a neonate. One day he dreamed of getting someone to carve his likeness upon the door.

Looking around the dimly lit hallway to ensure that he was indeed alone, he noticed that he sensed someone was nearby. Slipping into his second sight he found that standing but a few feet to his right was a woman.

He uttered a short phrase and she became visible to normal sight. It was Merilonna Darkovavich, the representative of House Dravidian.

Merilonna was rather tall for a woman, almost as tall as Alcazar himself. Her long hair was the color of midnight and fell across her pale exposed shoulders. She was not a slender woman but she wouldn’t be considered large either. Her ample cleavage might have captured the attentions of other males but Alcazar was immune to the charms of females. Although he had to admit in the ballroom outfit she was wearing did show off her best features.

“Is there any reason you’re trying to follow me in secret,” He asked a little impatiently.

She gave his a slight grin and traced her tongue across her lower lip and leaned forward while whispering, “You can never be too cautious these days. There have been rumors a Jihad the like of which has never been seen before, is imminent.”

Alcazar took a step back to bring some space between them. He didn’t enjoy being close to anyone especially another kindred. “That is preposterous. The Union of Johan has led to thousands of years of peace. No house would dare to disrupt that balance,” He replied sharply.

Merilonna gave him a look that announced she thought him a fool and replied, “You must not have heard the latest reports from Germania.”

Alcazar thought for a moment, Yes he did recall hearing something but he had been so occupied with his latest research of late he hadn’t given it any thought. Now he couldn’t recall what he’d heard.

He gave her a curt nod and said, “Let’s pretend I haven’t for the sake of argument”
“What do I need to know before we join the meeting,” he asked motioning at the door.

Merilonna sighed and tilted her head to one side before responding as if talking to a childe, “They found Him.”

Last edited:
Latinus!! Ego non posse recordari postremum ego proverbium Latinus. Posse ego commutatio intra noster lingua?? ;)

Gratiae

Joe (Sapphirus)

Ok I'll admit I have NO ability to read latin and the translator I use told me you just said this:

Latinus!! I not to be able recollection subsequent I proverbium Latinus. To be able I commutatio within our language??

I don't even understand that and It's supposed to be english.

;)

I also cannot translate back what I turned into Latin because It gives me this:

beware Dark Chief noble To sit upon this. Violent death will to approach etc to harass his to sleep.

So I'm not sure exatly what I initially said anymore. :(

I think it says (rather loosely):

"Beware the dark lord who lies in here. A horrible death to the one who disturbs his sleep!"

Though I'm only sure of a few words; most of it is guessing. But it makes sense.

As for Sapphire's (again, loosely):

"Latin!! I can not remember the last time I (something) Latin. Can I communicate in our language?"

Though I'm even less sure of that one.

The problem is, you using a translator. It's the same problem as with an online translator for any other language.

This looks inseresting so far, I did want to read it at first since it said "Book 2" and I thought I missed out on the first one, but after awhile I thought I would read it anyway and I'm glad I did.

Last time I asked a friend what something in latin ment he messed up Deus Vult. Once I told him God wills it he replied oh I can see that working....

Sometimes something fun to do is put a phrase into a translator translate it then translate it back to orignianl and you get some real weird responces.

Guard against (something) noble sit at the present. Death humour... :rofl:

Oh I give up!! ;) I like doing in latin since I am quite a fan of Roman. Of course, I am planning to go to uni to study Archaeology degree in few month time!!! Since there are plenty of Roman sites around in Dorset..... ;)

GrevenWhite said:
Oh and I'm hard at work trying to flesh out the next post since It will introduce most of the "main" players in the european dance. So I'll update today sometime.

:rofl:
Sorry, I just came from another forum :D

Kyujuni said:
:rofl:
Sorry, I just came from another forum :D

Are you making fun of my "other" Forum's job? It's hard work I tell you.

"Beware the Dark Prince lies here. A horrible death to the one who disturbs his sleep!"

That's the translation we'll be using for the story. :D
Yes I capped it to point out it as a Proper Title and not just any dark prince.
:D

so u'll be continuing, right?? Pleez, I hope so! :D

Th :rofl:

Yes. I'm having to break what I've allready written down so that it doesn't become unweildly to read. It may end up taking two more posts just to get too the meeting. :(

I Think I got carried away writing earlier today. ;)