• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(55206)

Colonel
Mar 27, 2006
prussia2rj.gif

Prelude
In the 1800's Germany wasn't unified it was split up into many little states. something I was quite use to. most of the world was still recoving form Nepolane though his emotion is almost gone where I lived. The British Empire at this time is a colonizing all over the world. I was going to be joining the Royal Army, A new army that the king was starting that would only fight for him meaning we were not going to go to the colonies we would get. Not all the soldiers who joined the Royal Army was rich I was one of them who wasn't rich I, My father had gotten some more land for his service agianst Nepolan not much but still more. It was during the early year of 1840 that more men had been called up for the Royal Army. The day before I left for the Army I said goodby to my family. I then went on the train to Görlitz, the place where we would be getting our training.

A point of view with a great deal of potential in a few years' game-time.

awesome start dude,

and welcome to the forums! :)

i'm in! ! :cool:

Very good, Bismarck!

Welcome to the fold!

Nice to have a fellow Prussian around the forums! :D

And what an interesting time of history to be a Prussian soldier, eh?

Rensslaer

Rensslaer: ..And what an interesting time of history to be a Prussian soldier, eh?

and what an interesting thing to write! ! :)

my great-grandfather (August Rüdiger) was born in (West?) Prussia in 1830. in 1847, before he turned 18, he emigrated to America. he would have been a Prussian soldier if he had stayed in Prussia. something similar to this AAR could have been his life story if he had not emigrated to America... :cool:

Welcome young soldier.

Chapter 1. Gorlitz and Berlin
image19mv.png

On the way to Görlitz,we made a stop to let some of the passangers off at a small town, I was on a public train after all. we then countiened towards Gorlitz. The Train was not a very comfortable one, but it was a cheap one.I had a good amount of money but not a whole lot the rest I left with my father who had gotten sick. I had asked him to write to me when ever he could. After a couple of hours the train arived at gorlitz.
We were ordered to report to the Millitary headquarters in the city. the Head quarters was on the other side of the city. It was huge bigger then our town hall.We were constantley drilled on how to fight with the weapons we would be using which primiarly was riffle but we also were taught basic artillterly, just enough to reload and fire but that is it incase we capture an artillterly on any campigns. we also had to memorize the all the tactics and maps that we would have to use, one of them being the map of prussia and all the states and nations around it.
goerlitz20obermarkt2019075sk.png

13305.jpg

On the last day before we left for the city of berlin, I recived a letter from my father.
Dear son,
I hope your training is going smooth and almost done. News is slow at home. not much has changed much sence you left. I am still sick but I am feeling a little better. The local pharmicy is out of the medicain to make me better, so I just have to wait. hope to hear back from you soon.
love, your father

I had decide to replay to his letter once we got to Berlin.We departed for Berlin, we were going by train. the conductors and the officers had a photo taken before we left. the train must of been a newer moddle because it was more comfortable. the ride was longer though, it took what i think was about 3 days to reach berlin by train. before we left though the conductors and officers took a photo in front of the train.
untitled.jpg

Once we arived at Berlin we told to go to the Millitary Quarter.we were told that untile further orders came we were to be on stand by and be ready to move at any moment. Most men went into the pubs within the city. I myself have never been to the city so i took a walk around town taking a look at all the city sights. The Brandenburg gate, which was given to celberate the victory over Nepolan Bonapart a few years ago, was one thing I set out to see the gate. I also took time to pray to our lord for victory in times of war but more imporentley for my father to get better. After a half month of waiting for orders to come a newspaper came that changed all that.
MarienkircheBerlijn.jpg

histber136-th.jpg

histber138-th.jpg

paper29hp.jpg

Bismarck1: ...After a half month of waiting for orders to come a newspaper came that changed all that..War...

awesome start! ! :)

So it begins.

chapter 2 The northen war

paper.jpg

On July, 14 1841 the order came to move to holstien, war has been declared Denmark joined the War on the side of Holstien.So we moved out a few people were a little disapponited when we were told that their was no train to take us to the front. so we got our weapons and matarials need for the war. It took many months of hard walking. we spent alot of time sleeping outside at night. Walking though woods and mud were common. eventually We came to a small town where I heard people singing a song, I think it is called deutschlandlied, when I checked the clander it was some time early in August when I heard the song.

deutschlandlied
german version
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt,
Wenn es stets zu Schutz und Trutze
Brüderlich zusammenhält.
Von der Maas bis an die Memel,
Von der Etsch bis an den Belt
Deutschland, Deutschland über alles,
Über alles in der Welt!

Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang
Sollen in der Welt behalten
Ihren alten schönen Klang,
Uns zu edler Tat begeistern
Unser ganzes Leben lang.
Deutsche Frauen, deutsche Treue,
Deutscher Wein und deutscher Sang!

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Für das deutsche Vaterland!
Danach laßt uns alle streben
Brüderlich mit Herz und Hand!
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit
Sind des Glückes Unterpfand;
Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes,
Blühe, deutsches Vaterland.

English version
Germany, Germany above all,
Above all else in the world,
When it always, for protection and defiance,
stands together brotherly.
From the Meuse to the Neman,
From the Adige to the Belt,
Germany, Germany above all,
Above anything in the world.

German women, German loyalty,
German wine and German song
Shall retain in all the world
Their old beautiful ring
And inspire us to noble deeds
During all of our life.
German women, German loyalty,
German wine and German song!

Unity and justice and freedom
For the German fatherland;
This let us all pursue,
Brotherly with heart and hand.
Unity and justice and freedom
Are the pledge of happiness.
Prosper in this blessing's fortune,
Prosper, German fatherland.

sample song
it was a good song, i enjoyed it. the name of the author was Hoffmann von Fallersleben, that is what the town people told me anyways.
Hoffmann_von_Fallersleben.jpg

So we contuened to march on to Holestin, a messenger who came every other week with newspapers, and letters from home. I overheard that the danes had invade the Mainland.I thought that we might have to go head and defend the villiages. I would of gladly faught them their no complaints. But we were told to contuine on to Holstien, and then denmark. skimmishes by the defenders of the area were in came to the cities and villiages defence. that battle didn't last in hour but that was a lot of our first taste of battle. though not true battle after all they were gurrilars. After a couple of days going to and from towns, we captured the area and then told to be on the move again. We were going to this time to the city of Keil.This time their Army was in our way to the city. on A hot october day the battle begain. I was in the second row, Heinrich a person I had become friends recently with was in the row behind me, but a further away from me.They had brought out cavalery along with infantry, I was more worried abotu the calvery who would try and flank us. The smoke from our guns could counfuse people that also means we got confused, I wish sombody could make a smokeless powder. the battle ended on all saints day, But their Army was not over they had managed to gain enough energy and will to attak us again, and again and agian for untill feburay 17 1842. a few months later the Keil surrundered.We stayied in keil for a few days. I found a news paper, a bit old,that was a little bit disturbing to us, even though it was an old paper.
1779pac.jpg

With holstine captured we moved too Danemark, but the armies in the rest of prussia are either on gaurd duty are tied up with the danes on the homefront. The attack on the danish homeland would be our only hope for defetaing the danes as they had taken land in the north of prussia and were marching foward.
So we marched to Danemark. Trudging through the snow is really hard with all this gear. The danes came down from the north, they only brought calvery. we got in order and in line and started the attack. It didn't last long and the battle was over, I thought they would fight to the death for their homeland but we made a few of them flee.After capturing the city we moved north and enganged in battle again with the danes, and like the last one we easly crushed them. we kept on moving after we taken control. then on April, 9, 1842 the Northen war was over peace had came to the states of danemark and prussia.we had freed the landes of Holstien.we then headed back to berlin. we didn't know it then but we weren't staying long in berlin...

paper12.jpg

prussia.jpg

awesome update

i hope its cool you post that first verse of deutschland uber alles.

Seems the germans are quite sensative of that these days

Some good pictures there.

Bismarck1: ...we didn't know it then but we weren't staying long in Berlin...

no peace for the wicked, eh! ! ;)

very nice update! ! :cool: