• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good job, Bismarck!

You're doing a good job of capturing the soldier's perspective -- little pieces of a big war. And it's often hard for a new writer to be creative in figuring out how to translate the game to a story -- like seeing that a newspaper can convey the big picture to a soldier -- but you're doing a good job!

Rensslaer

Chapter 3 A Revolt
With the peace signed between Prussia and Denmarck, we were going back to Berlin. The Danes offered some boats to get us offer their land.The sea was rough. the ships were small. we had to stop at the captile, coppahagen i thing it is called. almost most men were went to the pubs to gamble and drink. We then proceed to the mainland of prussia. Once we got to prussia we went by river to get to Berlin, since it was the quickest way to get there.
10858v.jpg

By the time we got to berlin It was sometime in 1844. I recived a letter from my father:
Dear son,
hope you are safe and doing well.I have recived news that our colonies in asia our expanding. the pharmacey has been restocked and was able to buy the medican for my sickness. I hope this makes me better. Well I just want you to know that I am getting better and hope to hear from you soon.
love your father.

we were told that we were to be on stand by. A few months after we got into Berlin a Zoo was opened up.Most people we went to see it. After the zoo opened up we recived some cannons so we had to report to see the cannons.
transept2.jpg
transept.jpg

cannons.jpg

After some time we recived order that a group a weavers had decided they had enough and revolted. we were called in to put end to the revolt. It didn't last long, they we weavers not soldiers. It was a good distance though away from Berlin but that didn't bother us. When we got, sometime in early 1845, a newspaper had anounced a "Liberal Revalution" had begun. They wanted a united germany, I would like that too but revolting to get it is not the way to do it.
NEWSPAPER.jpg

Revolts started to spring up in every part of germany. some other soldiers were called to stop a revolt in hanover. we were called to revolt a good ways a way from Berlin. Now that the Revaultion has begun, will it secced or will it be put down I don't know I will support who ever is in power as long as they care for the people, the king cares for us. I just new that we were going to be busy very very busy. I just hope that my father doesn't get harmed in the "Revaultion".

Bismarck1: A Revolt...

revolutions are not good for the people, no matter how you slice it! ! :(

So our infantryman might end up having to face his own people down the street? Not quite what he imagined he would be doing I suppose.

Bismarck1: thanks for all the compliments people...

you earned each compliment, and more! ! :D

we thank you for the AAR! ! :cool:

Bismarck1: i keep getting crashes every time i play my saved file so i guess it ends here which blows.I liked the AAR myself I didn't want it to end. sorry for that.

did you ask for help in the tech/problems Q & A forum? usually, someone there can fix a corrupted/etc file. just tell them what you did, what the error messages are, etc... [ best of luck, if you try to get it fixed! ! ]

sigh. :(

after I had the crashes for a few days i deleted the save files because i had way 2 many to keep up. sorry about that people.
I just want to know what nation should I play as next? hopefully no errors will come this time.

Last edited:
Just going through, looking for AARLand Choice choices... Very sorry to hear that your game can't continue! And the AAR... I was enjoying this! Sorry I haven't been around as much lately.

A very nice start into AARing!

Rensslaer