• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

    The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.


    Real Strategy Requires Cunning

ConjurerDragon

Generalissimus
63 Badges
Apr 19, 2005
5.187
452
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Impire
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Deus Vult
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
In my current game I wonder about two things related to perks:

My unit of ghosts advanced a level and one of the 3 perks for choice was "Avoidance" that grants a bonus of 15% vs. Missiles and Melee. However Ghosts are naturally immune to Missiles and Melee already. Is there a way to prevent that perk to be offered to a unit that is already immune?

My healer hero was offered 3 perks too when gaining a level. Two of them seem identical to me, the "Great Healer" and something like Healing star that both are described as giving +20% to healing. Are they really identical or does any of them contain some bonus or advantage that is not obvious?
 

Davor

Major
41 Badges
Mar 16, 2001
789
41
Visit site
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I only play Warlock 2, but I believe the game play is the same. The perks go by a group tree. By that I mean something like a class. Archers or shooting units have their own perk tree, magic casters have their own tree. It sucks for the ghosts but if you want the perk that is after Avoidance then you will have to take it other wise you will not get the perks that are after them.

As for the Healer I get that as well. I believe they stack so once you pick one 20% and then later pick the other 20% that is a total of 40% boost the Healer has.
Hope this helps.