• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmmm... I have a souped-up iMac (2019 model) and the game plays 'ok' on both Mac and Windows Bootcamp. I've tried the game on both machines and this is what happens:

MAC: the graphics get choppy after about 20 minutes of play, so I have to restart. The same thing happens in Imperator.​
WINDOWS: the graphics are smoother, but the game will randomly crash every so often. This doesn't happen on Mac.​

I'm playing on a 2016 MacBook Pro (10.15.6 Catalina) and have not had the game crash (yet). Biggest performance problem I see is when a crusade happens, I need to run on speed 2 or everything lags. I think you'd be better off taking this to the bug report channel. Include the system configuration (from "About this Mac"). I'm not sure if the game produces any sort of log when it crashes, maybe someone else can help you with that.

Answer is simple. Paradox has major optimisation work to do for Mac. Either they will or they won’t. The fact they “support” Mac OS means they should and if they don’t those who run it on Mac should seek a refund.

it runs like garbage across every Mac system released. Period.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I wonder what the difference between the OpenGL implementations in Clauswitz is for CK3 between Linux and MacOS. I have been getting a pretty solid 60-100 FPS @ 1440p on a GTX1070 under Linux, and havent experienced a single crash in the game since launch. *touch wood*

Answer is simple. Paradox has major optimisation work to do for Mac. ... it runs like garbage across every Mac system released. Period.

Even if so, that wouldn't preclude there also being a bug causing excessive usage of some resource, on top of generally poor performance.

Of course, we also have no idea whether the OP's system even meets the minimum requirements for the game.

Hi there !

I have a MacBook Pro with a 2,8Ghz i7 processor, 16GB DDR3 RAM (1600Mhz), and an Intel Iris Pro 1536MB. Checking CK3 requirements I do see the graphic card could be a problem, but also I see only Mojave (10.14) is supported. I saw almost everyone I know owning a mac complaining about crashes and/or performance issues, and only a few on the internet claiming it works fine, so I'm not sure if I should expect too many problems with this hardware and considering I'm running Big Sur.

Do you think this is a suitable setup for CK3? Any experiences with Big Sur so far and similar setup?

Thanks a lot

Hi there !

I have a MacBook Pro with a 2,8Ghz i7 processor, 16GB DDR3 RAM (1600Mhz), and an Intel Iris Pro 1536MB. Checking CK3 requirements I do see the graphic card could be a problem, but also I see only Mojave (10.14) is supported. I saw almost everyone I know owning a mac complaining about crashes and/or performance issues, and only a few on the internet claiming it works fine, so I'm not sure if I should expect too many problems with this hardware and considering I'm running Big Sur.

Do you think this is a suitable setup for CK3? Any experiences with Big Sur so far and similar setup?

Thanks a lot
You can find the requirements on the CK3 Steam page. :)

The minimum:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ
  • Memory: 12 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD® Radeon™ PRO 560 (4 GB)
  • Storage: 8 GB available space

The recommended:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-7600K
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD® Radeon™ PRO 580 (8GB)
  • Storage: 8 GB available space

Thank you for your reply, actually I checked them in CK3 page here in Paradox CK3 website, but it's not clear to me when it says for example "OS: Mojave" if that is the minimum OS required or if it only works in Mojave, and the same goes for the graphic card. Then, I was asking if someone has had any experience with a similar setup, with Big Sur (which is the OS I am running), and if my setup could be fine or if I should expect issues.

Thanks again, if someone has any experience I'll wait for your replies :)

Hey all, I just wanted to share my experience playing CK3 with that mac I mentioned above, for others that may wonder about it. I tried buying through Steam as I could refund if it didn't work, but it worked fine. I found out my mac have actually dual graphic card (the Iris one I mentioned and a AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 SDRAM, and I have Big Sur OS instead Mojave), and the game runs smoothly no matter the time lapse/speed chosen, etc. Some animations are slightly clunky but everything runs fine and 100% playable.