People move into a small apartment - and complain about it being small. well dont move in there then. you didnt view the place before you moved in ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
they then demolish the entire building. #badtenants
The abandonment and destruction of apartments when people move out is perplexing. Shouldn't some of the homeless people in the park move in instead or maybe some of the single children households could move into the low rent tenements rather than complaining about high rent in their single family homes.

I feel like there is a missing piece of logic for homeownership/renting. The only solution I have found that works is to boost other happiness indicators (internet, leisure, health, police, schools).

• 6Like
Reactions:
they're not only not seeing next destination, they even can't properly synch by game mechanics. See that sleeping sitizens doing park workouts, dead bus drivers and 'working at job' by sitting in a park bench.

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The abandonment and destruction of apartments when people move out is perplexing. Shouldn't some of the homeless people in the park move in instead or maybe some of the single children households could move into the low rent tenements rather than complaining about high rent in their single family homes.

I feel like there is a missing piece of logic for homeownership/renting. The only solution I have found that works is to boost other happiness indicators (internet, leisure, health, police, schools).

I've tried that one too and, in the main, it doesn't seem to work for me.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Working in the construction industry I would say actual humans sometimes have more wierd behaviour than that. So I would applaud the game for it's simulation accuracy. Humans aren't always logical.

• 6Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
"People are poor and move to terrible apartments with loud noise and few space because they are cheap, them afterwards they are unhappy about it!
So much hypocrisy! Quit being poor!"

You are interpreting data as if it was Cims decisions. This doesn't make cense, not even in real life most of the time.
The world view of a middle class spoiled son :rolleyes:

• 1Like
Reactions:
"People are poor and move to terrible apartments with loud noise and few space because they are cheap, them afterwards they are unhappy about it!
So much hypocrisy! Quit being poor!"

You are interpreting data as if it was Cims decisions. This doesn't make cense, not even in real life most of the time.
The world view of a middle class spoiled son :rolleyes:

The problem with CS is not that.
People complain about too small appartments: should generate demand for low densitity housing (not the case currently) -> if low density appartments are available people mover there (also not the case currently)
People complain about too high rent: Demand for high density cheap rent should increase, or if available people should move in.

These very basic mechnanics seem to not be working at the moment (although I was not able to properly test it as I experience game breaking bugs with the latest patch, btw., first time it ever happend to me in any game with a patch).
And yes then we could look at welth level, poverty statistics etc, like low rent appartments gettings so expensive that you basically need to be rich to live there and proper interactions how to deal with it, or on the other hand the impact if you do not deal with it. But at the moment the game seems to be far from this.

• 5Like
Reactions:
People do similar IRL. (This is a bug most likely, but just saying.)
Very common for people to move to places near shooting ranges and proceed to bitch about the noise.

• 3Like
Reactions: