• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(61489)

The Stoker
Oct 5, 2006
Hey, when offering peace to a nation that you're currently winning a war with, I can't get them to tribute a province or any money. I control one of their provinces and want to keep it. Also, when I add a bunch of gold and click 'send offer' they agree but I don't actually get any money. Help?

acci_dent said:
Hey, when offering peace to a nation that you're currently winning a war with, I can't get them to tribute a province or any money. I control one of their provinces and want to keep it.
In the offer-peace window, there's a bunch of tombstones and stars at the top. Countries will almost never accept a peace offer which uses up all the stars you have, and (as far as I've ever seen) will never accept an offer costing more stars than you have. Controlling just one (non-capital) province will only gain you one star; demanding a province costs two stars.

Also, when I add a bunch of gold and click 'send offer' they agree but I don't actually get any money. Help?
Demand as much cash as you can, but if they accept they only pay as much cash as they have in their treasury. To offer gold you need to actually have 250 gold per star offered (this doesn't apply to AI offers of cash).

Hope that helps.

-Pat

I have 4 stars and I control one of their provinces, how do I get peace while keeping (and thus owning) my controlled province? Also, when I send them a demand of 2000 gold, they accept but I get no money whatsoever, does this mean they are totally broke? Same results with a demand of 250 gold.

If you have 4 stars, they'll most likely accept an offer of an one province take. Maybe it depends on the quality too.
And yes, they're broke then. And maybe you have to split the money between allies.

It's not a matter of what they're going to accept, it's a matter of how I tell them that I want to keep the province. What exactly do I have to do in the demand tribute box thing to keep my province?

When you are in the box that shows the stars, click on the button about demanding tribute. Then, you can see several province names, and the one who controls them. Click on the province names that you want to get to their controllers. If you click XY, for example, that XY will appear in the boxes below. You may also add money to the demand list. Click "Accept" when done.

Ah! If the province I had captured was in that list, I'm preety sure I would have figured it out, but it wasn't. After capturing another province and being able to gain it as a tribute, the only explanation for me not being able to take the first province is that it's the capital, which probably makes sense... Anyway, I only wanted a province or two from my enemy, I got a little greedy and ended up annexing the whole thing! Thanks for you help anyway guys.

acci_dent said:
Ah! If the province I had captured was in that list, I'm preety sure I would have figured it out, but it wasn't. After capturing another province and being able to gain it as a tribute, the only explanation for me not being able to take the first province is that it's the capital, which probably makes sense... Anyway, I only wanted a province or two from my enemy, I got a little greedy and ended up annexing the whole thing! Thanks for you help anyway guys.
Ah, and there's the rub:
Controlling just one (non-capital) province will only gain you one star; demanding a province costs two stars.
Capital provinces cannot be annexed except by annexing the entire country. Their capture in war also grants you 3 or 4 stars.

-Pat