• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Prussian Havoc

PDXCON 2019 ~ MechWarrior of the Year
58 Badges
May 12, 2017
forum.paradoxplaza.com
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
With PDXCON 2021 beginning tomorrow we just might gain some insight into one or both of the games that HBS has been working on.

While I hope beyond hope that one of these HBS games is from the BattleTech franchise, a Crimson Skies or Shadowrun franchise game would gain my immediate preorder just as quickly.

I checked the posted agenda (https://pdxcon.paradoxplaza.com/) and Mitch will be participating on some of the panels. But at least as far as I could find, there is not one single HBS “event,” simply events listing Mitch as a participant. Fortunately there are more than half a dozen “Secret” events, so there is at least the possibility that HBS may find itself centerstage at one or more of these events, at least I hope so.

Has anyone heard anything further about HBS involvement in this weekend‘s PDXCON?

I’ll follow as much of the PDXCON agenda as I can and keep on the lookout for any HBS-related announcements. If I find anythIng, I’ll bring it back here for discussion... and hopefully some big and stompy, crimson and zoomy, or futuristic and shadowy jubilation! : )

• 5Like
Reactions:
As much as I would like to read/hear/see HBS's announcement of their next project, I think it's too soon. HM and patch 1.9 were launched in 19/20, right?

Having said that, I'm hoping for a few teasers... :p

As much as I would like to read/hear/see HBS's announcement of their next project, I think it's too soon. HM and patch 1.9 were launched in 19/20, right?

Having said that, I'm hoping for a few teasers... :p
21 November, 2019 was the release date for HM and patch 1.9 was released on 20 February 2020.

It’s been more than a year now and with the cyclical nature of Paradox’s PDXCON Announcements, it could be a year or more until PDXCON 2022 and the next major window for headlining Paradox news and announcements. While I don’t expect a HBS launch announcement this weekend, I hope at least one of their games is far enough along to at least have it’s name released to the public. : )

It is discussions like this and the hype around PDXCON’s that make this part of the year so much fun!

21 November, 2019 was the release date for HM and patch 1.9 was released on 20 February 2020.

It’s been more than a year now
Sure, but what a year. 20 Feb 2020 was right before the pandemic hit most of the western world in full force.
Now developers can work pretty well from home (I've been doing it since Mar 16, 2020), but it's still something to take into consideration.

Either way, thanks for keeping tabs on PDXCON, Prussian. I'd have most likely missed it completely if I hadn't seen your post.

Reactions:
So many announcements from Paradox! ...but alas nothing concerning HBS, that I have found.

Here is a consolidated listing of PDXCON announcements: https://www.windowscentral.com/everything-announced-pdx-con-2021#all While Vicky3 tops the list for me, I’ll hold off a bit before I decide to preorder or not. The listing appears to be inclusive, so it may yet receive updates.

According to the schedule, CEO Ebba Ljungerud’s PDXCON Announcement Show is now complete. If HBS was going to have any news for us, it is very likely Ebba would have included it in the main show. Unfortunately, we may need to wait until PDXCON 2022 before we learn anything further about what HBS has in the works. Just to review the bidding, we have heard that HBS began working on two games back in 2019. While not all PDX games make it through the various gates leading to a potential release, the team at HBS is top notch and I hope both games are still in the hopper. As I recall, we also saw a job announcement from HBS that listed the “Horror genre” as the genre of a game they were working on. Whether this still remains true, we do not know. Anyone have anything to add?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Sure, but what a year. 20 Feb 2020 was right before the pandemic hit most of the western world in full force.
Now developers can work pretty well from home (I've been doing it since Mar 16, 2020), but it's still something to take into consideration.

Either way, thanks for keeping tabs on PDXCON, Prussian. I'd have most likely missed it completely if I hadn't seen your post.
Very true indeed. I hope these posts are finding you and yours... as well as everyone else, happy, healthy and safe. 2020 and this first part of 2021 have been all too challenging for all too many of us. Gaming and game-related sites have been a much needed and much appreciated diversion.

Here’s to hoping the remainder of 2021 brings us some great gaming... that while it may not be new Big & Stompy, we can always drop back into BATTLETECH / our Modding Community’s many stellar mods for a taste of BattleMech glory and HBS genius for game development.

• 2Like
Reactions:
In other stompy news, the first expansion for Mechwarrior 5 launches next Thursday, along with Steam and console releases.

And in other other stompy news, apparently Wave 2 of the Clan Invasion Kickstarter by CGL has a shipping date. (While I sigh at how reality continues putting spikes in plans to get back to the tabletop.)

• 2Like
Reactions:
And in other other stompy news, apparently Wave 2 of the Clan Invasion Kickstarter by CGL has a shipping date. (While I sigh at how reality continues putting spikes in plans to get back to the tabletop.)
July, was the last shipping window I recall. Is that what you are tracking too?

(While I sigh at how reality continues putting spikes in plans to get back to the tabletop.)
You and me both. With my youngest turning 7, I am now finding time to resume painting and throwing dice... but wait... now I've moved to mostly rural, coastal NC. I don't suppose anybody out there lives anywhere near Havelock, NC. and is into the table top Btech? Anyone? Bueller?

Last notice was "finalize your address absolutely by June 13th", because that's when they start processing. So I'm assuming that means the second half of June will be collating the orders.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Last update (from two days ago) said two months for the last container to arrive. Estimate... two months? for processing and shipment? I would estimate September arrival with some showing up August, maybe end of July.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Last update (from two days ago) said two months for the last container to arrive. Estimate... two months? for processing and shipment? I would estimate September arrival with some showing up August, maybe end of July.
They just put out an update that the final container that they're waiting on is on the water.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Very true indeed. I hope these posts are finding you and yours... as well as everyone else, happy, healthy and safe. 2020 and this first part of 2021 have been all too challenging for all too many of us. Gaming and game-related sites have been a much needed and much appreciated diversion.
Indeed, and thank you. I hope the same is true for you and yours, and everyone else too.

I'm half-vaccinated now (got my first shot two weeks ago), but Covid took an uncle from us a month ago, and a very dear friend of the family six months ago. Both were elderly and not exactly at the peak of health to start with, but still it hammers home pretty effectively just how deadly this virus can be - both my uncle and the family friend died within a week of getting hospitalized, and within two weeks of getting their first symptoms - and that we need to stay vigilant, stay safe, and do our best to keep protecting both ourselves and those around us.

Wear a mask in public. Get vaccinated. Keep social distance. The virus is still here.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Mitch's Twitter feed earlier this month added a "we're hiring" post. A little bit, but not much, can be read into the job titles:

"Come join our Seattle studio! HBS has a handful of roles open! Mission Designer, Procedural Tech Artist and Unity Gameplay Engineer. (We'll also have a contract engineer going up early next week!) Take a look at our Careers page for more details. https://harebrained-schemes.com/careers/"

Reactions:
Mitch's Twitter feed earlier this month added a "we're hiring" post. A little bit, but not much, can be read into the job titles:

"Come join our Seattle studio! HBS has a handful of roles open! Mission Designer, Procedural Tech Artist and Unity Gameplay Engineer. (We'll also have a contract engineer going up early next week!) Take a look at our Careers page for more details. https://harebrained-schemes.com/careers/"
Thank you @HonorKnight!

There have been times as I have been making due with CIV6, WW2 wargames and SoaSE Mods (until I can join the community of support for whatever game HBS develops next) that I have even begun to wonder if HBS’s upcoming titles might not be title development of something other than a wargame.

So I was reassured to find the filling line in one of the currently posted job announcements, “Shipped at least one strategy or tactical-combat game.”

I am sure the world would continue to spin upon it axis if HBS turned to children‘s educational software or phone apps. They are an incredibly talented studio and could knock just about anything out of the park. : )

But I rather enjoyed our BATTLETECH forum during its heyda... and am looking forward to helping establish whatever strategic or tactical-combat game forum sprouts up around HBS’s future games. :bow:

• 3Like
Reactions:
I am sure the world would continue to spin upon it axis if HBS turned to children‘s educational software or phone apps.

HBS presents: "ComStar and You"... a business management simulation which is entirely boring and includes absolutely no off-the-books shenanigans.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
HBS presents: "ComStar and You"... a business management simulation which is entirely boring and includes absolutely no off-the-books shenanigans.
HBS presents: “My Son, the Wolf,” basically The Sims meets #ClanLife from the perspective of Brigit Vickers, Jamie Wolf’s mom.

Unity, huh? :confused:
I was hoping they'd migrate to something with a little more oomph, but oh well.

Reactions: